Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

General game file tools that are useful for more than one game
Snaz
beginner

Re: Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by Snaz »

Spot on! I think there's an example using havok that creates another thread, could be the docs, hkxcmd or havok2fbx idk haha, just finished exporting animations though so :] wonder how much I care :angel:

Edit: now that I think about it, I allocated some memory in init because loading consecutive files would crash, but changing this back to load would probably have solved exporting files... fair enough, have my cares! [roll]
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

Support for various PBR materials, post effects, and a slight rendering overhaul. Coming soonish with a universal CPU disassembler/debugger and a bunch of other crap I've been chipping away at for months.
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

MrAdults, thanks for your great progress. I have one request though I mentioned some years ago. If you could make this tree view and othe windows a switchable Noesis could became a simple viewer. Gosh it would be so great. Right now all this available Noesis windows just loads for so long and not quick at all.
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

MrAdults wrote:Image
Support for various PBR materials, post effects, and a slight rendering overhaul. Coming soonish with a universal CPU disassembler/debugger and a bunch of other crap I've been chipping away at for months.
What sorcery is this?!
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

Mr.Mouse wrote:
MrAdults wrote:Image
What sorcery is this?!
It's called shading =D
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

Tosyk wrote:MrAdults, thanks for your great progress. I have one request though I mentioned some years ago. If you could make this tree view and othe windows a switchable Noesis could became a simple viewer. Gosh it would be so great. Right now all this available Noesis windows just loads for so long and not quick at all.
There's already a build out that avoids expanding the tree view outside of the direct hierarchy leading to the file, so if you drag & drop or use File->Open to browse it won't slow things down. There has also been a "No Browse to Target" option for years which effectively deactivates the shell views unless you use them directly. And you can uncheck "Type Info" to avoid having Noesis hit files as you're running through the file list to validate their types. These three things combined should leave you with pretty much zero overhead, unless something's wrong with your system that's causing heavy stalls during very limited file enumeration.
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

MrAdults wrote:
Tosyk wrote:MrAdults, thanks for your great progress. I have one request though I mentioned some years ago. If you could make this tree view and othe windows a switchable Noesis could became a simple viewer. Gosh it would be so great. Right now all this available Noesis windows just loads for so long and not quick at all.
There's already a build out that avoids expanding the tree view outside of the direct hierarchy leading to the file, so if you drag & drop or use File->Open to browse it won't slow things down. There has also been a "No Browse to Target" option for years which effectively deactivates the shell views unless you use them directly. And you can uncheck "Type Info" to avoid having Noesis hit files as you're running through the file list to validate their types. These three things combined should leave you with pretty much zero overhead, unless something's wrong with your system that's causing heavy stalls during very limited file enumeration.
this is freaking awesome! working like a charm. much appreciate!

p.s.: btw there's a way to turn off the Debug Log by default?
my blog | my forum
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

It is off by default - you have a script installed where someone left the noesis.logPopup() call in.
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

MrAdults wrote:It is off by default - you have a script installed where someone left the noesis.logPopup() call in.
thanks for point that out!

EDIT:
can I set default shading or viewport FOV?
my blog | my forum
Gh0stBlade

Post by Gh0stBlade »

This looks amazing Mr Adults! Cannot wait! :D
Click the thanks button if I helped!
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

Went back and fixed up FO4 this evening (bitangent in w components was obvious, jonwd is such a tool), and added an option to use PBR materials:

Currently making assumptions about roughness (rather glossiness) and metal, since I haven't touched the material support, but they're good assumptions for most things that are metal.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

FO4? Fall out 4 models?

Looking great there btw
ExPlOrER
n00b

Post by ExPlOrER »

Despite the fact that the selected "Source (* .mdl)" used a third-party plug-in (from finale00) "Astebreed (* .mdl)".
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

Hey guys, quick question ...
Besides the following function in Noesis,

Code: Select all

-combinemeshes
Which doesn't seem to work for me on the Final Fantasy XIII series, is there any other way to export the characters and such in only one mesh and also to keep its skeleton/skin/weight and such intact and animations too?
Preferably in FBX format.

cheers
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

My life exploded horribly at the end of March, so this stuff's all been on hold. Still hoping to wrap up the new Universal Debugger (which is an any-CPU any-architecture debugging client and protocol with a few host implementations to start) which is what's holding up this build. Rendering changes/additions have been done for a good month or so now. I might give in and disable the debugger for a release, but I expect if I do that I will never, ever be urged to finish it, so I guess we'll see how that goes. GUI's are so fucking boring to work on, which is unfortunately a large part of a debugging client. Probably shouldn't have made the decision to reinvent the wheel there.