Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Hyperidmension Neptunia rebirth 1 ism2

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Hyperidmension Neptunia rebirth 1 ism2

Post by RandomTBush »

ssringo wrote:Edit: I downloaded Fairy Fencer and although it uses .ism2 files (and an overall similar file structure) your script can't read them (or the ones I tried). I should note that the model folders contain a .cl3 file in the texture folder that's a bit larger than the associated .ism2 file. A modding guide on the Fairy Fencer steam community says the .cl3 file is a model file (so what is the .ism2?). I'll pack up one or three of the model folders if you want to take a look at them. If not, no worries. I'm sure you have enough on your plate already and I already have a lot of Neptunia models to mess around with.
Use the "Console" version of the script for those. They didn't byteswap the models for Fairy Fencer F's PC version like they did for the Neptunia games, they're just a 1-to-1 copy of the PS3 version's files.

...but you're going to want to use the texture files from the PS3 version anyway, the ones for the PC version are horribly compressed in comparison. :bleh:
samasama76
ultra-n00b

Post by samasama76 »

can someone make 3DSMAX script for Export ism2 files?
Mugenh
ultra-n00b

Post by Mugenh »

RandomTBush, you happen to have another download link to your Maxscript for this? The link that is up in the thread seems to not work. Sorry for bringing up an old topic, but I'd appreciate it. :P
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

Mugenh wrote:RandomTBush, you happen to have another download link to your Maxscript for this? The link that is up in the thread seems to not work. Sorry for bringing up an old topic, but I'd appreciate it. :P
The MediaFire link seems to be working for me, but regardless:
https://mega.nz/#!nlQAAK4S!KtUqFVFcaJD0 ... nwsCDesAwU
Last edited by RandomTBush on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mugenh
ultra-n00b

Post by Mugenh »

RandomTBush wrote:
Mugenh wrote:RandomTBush, you happen to have another download link to your Maxscript for this? The link that is up in the thread seems to not work. Sorry for bringing up an old topic, but I'd appreciate it. :P
The MediaFire link seems to be working for me, but regardless:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/278 ... t_ISM2.zip
Ah, alright, in that case, my apologies, no idea why it would not work for me. I do appreciate it, though, thank you very much. :)
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

The title of this topic is misspelled. It should be "Hyperdimension", not "Hyperidmension".
BBSFM and KH2FM+ saves are compatible with KH2.5. viewtopic.php?t=13424
ssringo
veteran

Post by ssringo »

Hey Random, do you think you could take a look at the newly released (on PC) Neptunia U? While in game looks just like the other games, they changed the format a bit and are using .cat files. I'm hoping it's not a major change and easily figured out.

I wouldn't even bother asking if not for the 2 new characters and clothing break (which I'm guessing is just a texture swap). <3 that recycling of assets :D

Here's several of the .cat files from the character/costume directory in case you don't have the game.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/h66db ... g00c00.rar
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 »

ssringo wrote:the newly released (on PC) Neptunia U? While in game looks just like the other games, they changed the format a bit and are using .cat files. I'm hoping it's not a major change and easily figured out.
Is a major change (vertices as floats now) but easy to obtain:
n00c00_cat_75perc.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tuts: a) Bigchillghost, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
b) Extracting simple models: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
"Quoting the whole thing. Would u ever stop this nonsense?"
wordhg
advanced

Post by wordhg »

shakotay2 wrote:
ssringo wrote:the newly released (on PC) Neptunia U? While in game looks just like the other games, they changed the format a bit and are using .cat files. I'm hoping it's not a major change and easily figured out.
Is a major change (vertices as floats now) but easy to obtain:
n00c00_cat_75perc.jpg
Societ use of this WordUV
thanks!
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

ssringo wrote:Hey Random, do you think you could take a look at the newly released (on PC) Neptunia U? While in game looks just like the other games, they changed the format a bit and are using .cat files. I'm hoping it's not a major change and easily figured out.

I wouldn't even bother asking if not for the 2 new characters and clothing break (which I'm guessing is just a texture swap). <3 that recycling of assets :D

Here's several of the .cat files from the character/costume directory in case you don't have the game.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/h66db ... g00c00.rar
I already have the game, heh. Got gifted it the hour it was released. :P

But yeah, Neptunia U uses a completely different model format (well it was developed by a different company, so it's not that surprising), I'll be working on making a MaxScript for that game's model format sometime sooner rather than later.
samasama76
ultra-n00b

Post by samasama76 »

.cat file format is using not only models, but also text, texture and ui.
I think .cat is archive file.
I tried this script viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13001&p=114549&hilit=.cat#p114549 (Developer is same TamSoft)
But I cant extract any files.
Can someone make quickBMS Script for .cat file formats?
maharnavi
n00b

Infinite Crisis

Post by maharnavi »

Hello can anyone help me with the .rp files.They are the files of Infinite crisis.I want to decompress models and animatins and vfx files.
mikulover39
advanced

Post by mikulover39 »

Quickbms scripts for the .cat archives and .gxt textures.
They don't have any file names and I only programmed it to detect 3 different file formats inside the .cat archive.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

My model-importing MaxScript for Neptunia U is almost ready, I just need to fix up the weighting first. And see if I can at least find the material numbers, but that's not completely necessary for characters since they only have like two or three each.
Last edited by RandomTBush on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

MaxScript's done! Doesn't import the materials automatically since there's no filenames for me to work with, but it does give the IDs which is better than nothing.

https://mega.nz/#!ulpnmaJS!ffrdVu0T81lK ... 8Ac8hYL6FM

Needless to say, use the QuickBMS scripts that mikulover39 posted above to unpack the *.CAT files first, then use the MaxScript on the *.TMD files. And as always, lemme know if things don't work right.
Last edited by RandomTBush on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.