Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

ARchive_neXt

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Greenplumbbob
n00b

Re: ARchive_neXt

Post by Greenplumbbob »

So I took a break on trying to figure out to get the 3D viewer and went working with other programs who are a bit like this one, but just for other games, and I came to realise that the programs who were made with some "wrapper" Happen to give me errors or just doesn't open at all when it comes to 3D viewers, so I guess I'm either missing some sort of update and might be the problem instead of the program itself. So I'm going to look somewhat deeper into any 3D helping updates like DirectX and will give some feedback if I found an update that is required for any 3D viewing programs.
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MichaelDarkAngel »

Greenplumbbob wrote:So I took a break on trying to figure out to get the 3D viewer and went working with other programs who are a bit like this one, but just for other games, and I came to realise that the programs who were made with some "wrapper" Happen to give me errors or just doesn't open at all when it comes to 3D viewers, so I guess I'm either missing some sort of update and might be the problem instead of the program itself. So I'm going to look somewhat deeper into any 3D helping updates like DirectX and will give some feedback if I found an update that is required for any 3D viewing programs.
I do have the following listed as a requirement on the download page for ARchive_neXt
DirectX June 2010 Redistributable Runtime

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook
ARchive_neXt v4.03.27.0 Now Available!

"I intend to leave a memory of myself in the minds of others."
Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
Greenplumbbob
n00b

Post by Greenplumbbob »

MichaelDarkAngel wrote: I do have the following listed as a requirement on the download page for ARchive_neXt
DirectX June 2010 Redistributable Runtime

--MDA
After installing this version of DirectX, it did took some time to load instead of immediately ending up with the error, but sadly it still gives me the error. Is there any other software that needs to be used besides NET framework 4.5 and DirectX June 2010 Redistributable Runtime?
Paliha
beginner

Post by Paliha »

@Greenplumbbob

This is false, initialization of a class Viewer3D may occur more than once, and maybe somehow connected with the localization of the operating system. While the author does not switch to OpenGL there will be no progress.
Moonscapes
ultra-n00b

Post by Moonscapes »

o
Last edited by Moonscapes on Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
RunaWhite
veteran

Post by RunaWhite »

I have an issue with the normal maps extraction. I've got the latest ARchive_neXt and my DirectX is updated, but whenever I try to save a normal map using the DX10 to DX5 option I get an error message, which says it can't export the texture 'cause the normal map cannot be found. I still see the Bad Image preview too.

Also, I think there is a problem with DLC Jack The Ripper. Jacob's textures seem to be bad? Not sure if it's just me.
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

RunaWhite wrote:I have an issue with the normal maps extraction. I've got the latest ARchive_neXt and my DirectX is updated, but whenever I try to save a normal map using the DX10 to DX5 option I get an error message, which says it can't export the texture 'cause the normal map cannot be found. I still see the Bad Image preview too.
1. Verify that you are using the latest version (3.2.7.0) -- Click About in the main menu.
2. Is this something that just started happening, or has it always happened.

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce this issue.
RunaWhite wrote:Also, I think there is a problem with DLC Jack The Ripper. Jacob's textures seem to be bad? Not sure if it's just me.
Can you give me a specific texture to look at?

Thanks for your help,

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
RunaWhite
veteran

Post by RunaWhite »

1. Verify that you are using the latest version (3.2.7.0) -- Click About in the main menu.
I just checked to be sure and my version is indeed the 3.2.7.0... so I don't really know what's going on.
I can't tell because this is my first try. I didn't need to extract normal maps until this moment.
Sure! One of the problematic diffuse textures is in dlc_21, ACVI_DLC_CHR_P_JacobFrye_Head_DiffuseMap. However every Jacob texture seems to have the same issue. This is how it looks:

Thanks for your help
Thank YOU for the tool and everything :)
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

RunaWhite wrote:
I just checked to be sure and my version is indeed the 3.2.7.0... so I don't really know what's going on.
I can't tell because this is my first try. I didn't need to extract normal maps until this moment.
I'm going to try a couple of things to see if I can make the error happen.

RunaWhite wrote:
Sure! One of the problematic diffuse textures is in dlc_21, ACVI_DLC_CHR_P_JacobFrye_Head_DiffuseMap. However every Jacob texture seems to have the same issue.
Just wanted to be sure we were looking at the same textures. That looks like a split texture issue. If the DLC isn't doing things the same as the main game, I'll need to do some digging to see if I can find the other half of the texture file.

Thanks

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
A20Group
beginner

Post by A20Group »

Hi
How To decompersing this file with lzo ? (file from Rainbow Six Siege)
I can then write to the header file manually dds
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
defaltdobrasao
ultra-n00b

Post by defaltdobrasao »

Hello there i wrote here some times ago asking for r6 siege support, are still some chanche that you make this for your application? I tried to put some forge from r6 to an ac game folder and of course i got crash but there are a lot of file that has been automatically discovered from the tool(i see a lot of maps mesh)
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

Hello MichaelDarkAngel,

I wonder is there bone or weight support in ARchive_neXt?

thanks
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
Moonscapes
ultra-n00b

Post by Moonscapes »

Do you know if the Bloofer Lady Outfit is able to be extracted yet?
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

defaltdobrasao wrote:Hello there i wrote here some times ago asking for r6 siege support, are still some chanche that you make this for your application? I tried to put some forge from r6 to an ac game folder and of course i got crash but there are a lot of file that has been automatically discovered from the tool(i see a lot of maps mesh)
I do plan to eventually add R6 support, but have recently taken a break from ARchive_neXt to pursue other things. I can't give a specific date for coming back to this, but rest assured, I will come back to it.

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Tosyk wrote:Hello MichaelDarkAngel,

I wonder is there bone or weight support in ARchive_neXt?

thanks
Short answer: Yes and No.

Longer answer: Bones and weights have been figured out for the earlier game(s). The later games changed the format and have yet to be determined. Because of that, I haven't yet written any kind of support into the export routine.

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience