Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Any One Volunteering to make a tool/script for this format?

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
eri619
veteran

Any One Volunteering to make a tool/script for this format?

Post by eri619 »

It has always been my aspiration to learn 3d model reversing.I have zero knowledge about 3D Modes as of now.I've decided to explore the model file of WWF RAW,I've modded RAW For many years before i stepped onto SVR and 2K.I will post any information i know about the format here.
As of now here is what i know,the game has 3 different model files for each wrestler.
C0XXH.FML
C0XXL.FML
C0XXM.FML
These files are located inside the character folder inside FF.XPK File.You'll require XPKGUI.exe to open and extract game files.

Where XX-Stands for the Wrestler/Character ID
H-High Poly Version of the model for inring
L-Low poly version of the model,when the wrestler is viewed far away
M-Medium Poly Model.

The model file has a small header,after the header it has a TOC(Table of Contents) which has the names of objects inside the model which includes the bones.The TOC doesn't contain any offsets to indicate their starting positions.However the data starts with the object name.
The model file contains 9 different head objects for different facial expressions
n_Head-Normal Head
The ones from H_HEAD00->H_HEAD07(Are for different facial expressions,for example for open mouth,closed eyes etc)
Although they have removed blood from the game just before release,the model file does have 5 separate head objects for blood animations.
n_BLOOD
BLOOD00->BLOOD05
When its time for the wrestler to bleed a red flash appears on the screen to indicate that the wrestler starts to bleed,however the wrestler doesn't bleed.What i believe is that they have taken out the U-V Mappings off the blood objects.

After the TOC,The material assignments begin.
just after the material assignments,the list of textures used have been listed.
After the texture listing begins the bones/armature.

n_CTR
o_body
j_chest
o_sako_l
j_u_arm_l
j_f_arm_l
HAND_L
o_sako_r
u_arm_r
j_f_arm_r
HAND_R
j_neck_a
j_neck
n_waist_b
j_thigh_l
j_leg_l
L_FOOT
j_thigh_r
j_leg_r
R_FOOT
Just after the end of bones begins the mesh data which is named after the corresponding body part which begins with
H_SKIN
n_HANDL
H_HANDL00->H_HANDL21
H_HANDR00->H_HANDR21
H_HANDL00
n_BLOOD
BLOOD00->BLOOD05
n_head
H_HEAD00->H_HEAD07

Each object contains the mesh data,UV-Data,faces,vertices,face indices and so on.I have attached a sample model file of The Rock below
https://archive.org/download/TheRock_20 ... e_Rock.rar
Last edited by eri619 on Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Re: WWF RAW Model Format Research(.FML)

Post by Acewell »

last submesh (head) in 000H.FML, each submesh is clearly separated in the file

the test previews don't render backfaces but you can unify the normals in Blender after saving the mesh

h2o

Code: Select all

0xE66B1 1568
Vb1
43 28
0xE05EF 576
0x0 255
:D
eri619
veteran

Post by eri619 »

AceWell wrote:last submesh (head) in 000H.FML, each submesh is clearly separated in the file

the test previews don't render backfaces but you can unify the normals in Blender after saving the mesh

h2o

Code: Select all

0xE66B1 1568
Vb1
43 28
0xE05EF 576
0x0 255
:D
Could you possibly write a max script/blender script to handle these models.I'm willing to pay an amount if you do.
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

Sorry man i'm not a programmer, thats not what i do, and if i could program i sure wouldn't do this for money, everything i do here is for fun and just a hobby.
I posted the H2O example because i saw your post in the tutorial thread and thought i'd take some of the load off shakotay because he is probably a busy guy. :)
eri619
veteran

[Request]Import and Export Script for the model format

Post by eri619 »

If anyone who knows maxscript or blender scripting and is free,could you please script an import export script for this format.I have posted all the details i know here
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13978

Sample Model Files
https://archive.org/download/TheRock_20 ... e_Rock.rar
Gh0stBlade

Re: [Request]Import and Export Script for the model format

Post by Gh0stBlade »

I've been looking at this format for you. I've gotten pretty far except there are some issues with the vertices. Looks like multiple vertex formats however, I cannot see a flag of some sort to distinguish between specific vertex types. Very strange, maybe it's stored in another file, are there any other files?
Click the thanks button if I helped!
eri619
veteran

Post by eri619 »

Gh0stBlade wrote:I've been looking at this format for you. I've gotten pretty far except there are some issues with the vertices. Looks like multiple vertex formats however, I cannot see a flag of some sort to distinguish between specific vertex types. Very strange, maybe it's stored in another file, are there any other files?
Here are all the model files,also could you record a video while analysing the model and writing max/blender scripting so that i could learn tricks of the trade :)
If you know blender script,i'd suggest writing it,or if you don't know that then do it over max script.I recommend blender because its the easiest tool to work around with.

https://app.box.com/s/dsd5zaizx5qlwrqlda23jisa92th63sk
Gh0stBlade

Post by Gh0stBlade »

I'm actually writing a Noesis importer script.

Anyhow, the entire format is terribly hacky or I'm mis-understanding this.
If we take a look at the bone hierarchy here: Clicky - 000H.FML
The last "L_SKIN" bone is parented to nothing which makes no sense at all. So this breaks my bone loading code....

I'm going to take a look at loading the vertex buffers again but this format is very weird/hacky. :ninja:
eri619
veteran

Post by eri619 »

Gh0stBlade wrote:I'm actually writing a Noesis importer script.

Anyhow, the entire format is terribly hacky or I'm mis-understanding this.
If we take a look at the bone hierarchy here: Clicky - 000H.FML
The last "L_SKIN" bone is parented to nothing which makes no sense at all. So this breaks my bone loading code....

I'm going to take a look at loading the vertex buffers again but this format is very weird/hacky. :ninja:
Great progress man,my doubt is whether its possible to edit the model and import the edited mesh back into the model,is it possible using noesis?
eri619
veteran

Post by eri619 »

Gh0stBlade wrote:I've been looking at this format for you. I've gotten pretty far except there are some issues with the vertices. Looks like multiple vertex formats however, I cannot see a flag of some sort to distinguish between specific vertex types. Very strange, maybe it's stored in another file, are there any other files?
@Ghostblade any update buddy?

You can find me here
http://s15.zetaboards.com/legendsofmodding/index/
Gh0stBlade

Post by Gh0stBlade »

eri619 wrote:

You can find me here
The model format has not been fully solved. There issue with vertex buffers still remains, it seems that there is a weird data alignment in place or the devs hardcoded some things because there's a lot of inconsistencies.

The skeletons can be loaded fine now.

Regards.
eri619
veteran

Post by eri619 »

Gh0stBlade wrote:
eri619 wrote:

You can find me here
The model format has not been fully solved. There issue with vertex buffers still remains, it seems that there is a weird data alignment in place or the devs hardcoded some things because there's a lot of inconsistencies.

The skeletons can be loaded fine now.

Regards.
Great Progress you are making :D

In noesis is it possible to convert the mesh to obj,make edits and then import the edits back inside the model?
Gh0stBlade

Post by Gh0stBlade »

eri619 wrote:
In noesis is it possible to convert the mesh to obj,make edits and then import the edits back inside the model?
Only exporting is supported. Importing won't be possible.
eri619
veteran

Post by eri619 »

Gh0stBlade wrote:
eri619 wrote:
Only exporting is supported. Importing won't be possible.
Damn! i really want to make edits to these models and make a renovated game.A help which you can do is make a documentation about this format which will help someone who is willing to make a max script or something.
eri619
veteran

Post by eri619 »

Could you please post the previews of what you have achieved so far?