Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
paulscottttt
beginner

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by paulscottttt »

Solidcal wrote:
paulscottttt wrote:
Solidcal wrote:Qucik question. Did the ftextool get updated recently as I am trying to unpack the ps3 TPP textures in hopes the day one dlc outfits are there. I want to import the over already exsisting camo scarf outfits so they can be used in TPP pc. But when I unpack any of the ftex files, ftex tool crashes. So not sure if the one I have is outdated. Thanks.
ive already made the console exclusive fatigues "ocelot black, blue urban, grey urban and all purpose dryland" if thats what your mean?
http://www.nexusmods.com/metalgearsolid ... D244&pUp=1
No what I was asking was if the ftex tool got updated. As I wanted to grab the day one dlc outfits textures from the console files. But yeah saw you did them so I guess I don't need to bother with the console textures now. :) Though has it been updated at all? The ftex tool I mean.
ive no clue i have 0.3.1
frozensushi
ultra-n00b

Post by frozensushi »

BobDoleOwndU wrote:Here's what I learned today: MGO textures are stored a bit differently than TPP ones.

Unlike TPP, the full texture files for outfits aren't stored together in the texture.dat files. Like in TPP, MGO stores the <hash>.ftex file and the <hash>.1.ftexs file in the pftxs file of the outfits. However, unlike TPP, the <hash>.2.ftexs and <hash>.3.ftexs are stored in texture0.dat without <hash>.ftex and <hash>.1.ftexs. If you want to view the full texture, you need to get the files from both the pftxs and texture0.dat.

Also, not sure if this is already known, but it's possible to inject a full texture into a pftxs file if you add the missing ftexs files and add entries for them in the xml GzsTool generates.
Thank you for sharing this great info!! It's appreciated. :)
Higus
advanced

Post by Higus »

Solidcal wrote:
HeartlessSeph wrote:
SuperflyJohnson wrote:Has anyone figured out how to get glasses/hats to go on models heads instead of sliding around on the ground next to their feet like most of them seem to do?
I think that may be stored in the frdv of the file but I can't be sure. I think that Fraridr got items like that working but now I don't know any way to contact him.
Yeah I believe you are right about the frdv being the file that contains the placement of models. I believe the user tao lung or someone of the same has been able to get glasses appearing properly on venom's face and such. But as I recall he was banned from the nexus but made a blog spot to still post his and others modding works. So you could always contact this guy about how he did the proper placement of glasses on the face. But if I recall English is not his first language.
Actually I did that. I got Kazuhira's GZ model from the "Sahelanthropus" mission and manually nulled out all the bytes surrounding the glasses, then set it as the arm model. Then your friend Tao Lung just stole it and made a couple of mods out of it without crediting me. Maybe that kinda stuff is one of the reasons he got banned.
crash!
ultra-n00b

Post by crash! »

Higus wrote:Maybe that kinda stuff is one of the reasons he got banned.
Officially he was banned for admitting to Piracy lmao, guy didnt read rules now hes mad at nexus.
Higus
advanced

Post by Higus »

http://www.nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/237/?

Somebody on nexus found a way to mod the camera.
BobDoleOwndU
advanced

Post by BobDoleOwndU »

Higus wrote:http://www.nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/237/?

Somebody on nexus found a way to mod the camera.
Infinite Heaven lets you control a freecam now. I think the camera control was added to Infinite Heaven based on the mod you linked to.
Solidcal
beginner

Post by Solidcal »

Higus wrote: Actually I did that. I got Kazuhira's GZ model from the "Sahelanthropus" mission and manually nulled out all the bytes surrounding the glasses, then set it as the arm model. Then your friend Tao Lung just stole it and made a couple of mods out of it without crediting me. Maybe that kinda stuff is one of the reasons he got banned.
Yeah I figured that out a little later. Also he is not a friend. Makes mroe sense why he got banned other than the piracy stuff. But if someone ever get's a chance they need to look at the frdv and see if that can be manually edited that way as I know the only other way to get classes to appear on the face correctly for venom is well a model editor which I know we don't have right now sadly.
paulscottttt
beginner

Post by paulscottttt »

anyone know where the players gun models are?
BobDoleOwndU
advanced

Post by BobDoleOwndU »

Does anybody know how to display custom messages in the log?

I found the function; it's TppUI.ShowAnnounceLog(). I can get it to display the messages that are already in game, i.e. TppUI.ShowAnnounceLog("fobRivalArrive") shows the "Rival Arrived" message. I can't figure out where it actually loads the text from though. I went into TppUI.lua, and the only reference to "fobRivalArrive" is fobRivalArrive="announce_fob_helper_arrive" and I couldn't find a reference to announce_fob_helper_arrive in any of the lua scripts. All of the other variables for the log are similar, all starting with "announce" but I can't find a reference to any of them.
Higus
advanced

Post by Higus »

BobDoleOwndU wrote:Does anybody know how to display custom messages in the log?

I found the function; it's TppUI.ShowAnnounceLog(). I can get it to display the messages that are already in game, i.e. TppUI.ShowAnnounceLog("fobRivalArrive") shows the "Rival Arrived" message. I can't figure out where it actually loads the text from though. I went into TppUI.lua, and the only reference to "fobRivalArrive" is fobRivalArrive="announce_fob_helper_arrive" and I couldn't find a reference to announce_fob_helper_arrive in any of the lua scripts. All of the other variables for the log are similar, all starting with "announce" but I can't find a reference to any of them.
Well since the game has multiple text language support, I imagine you'd likely find that there are separate file banks for what "announce_fob_helper_arrive" means in files for different languages, and devs don't usually mass-store string in LUA-type script files, but in more like XML files.

Perhaps in these places?
chunk0\Assets\tpp\pack\ui
chunk0\Assets\tpp\pack\ui\lang
BobDoleOwndU
advanced

Post by BobDoleOwndU »

Higus wrote:Well since the game has multiple text language support, I imagine you'd likely find that there are separate file banks for what "announce_fob_helper_arrive" means in files for different languages, and devs don't usually mass-store string in LUA-type script files, but in more like XML files.

Perhaps in these places?
Thanks! The strings are indeed in the location you pointed out, but in 0/00.dat; for English, they're in 0\00_dat\Assets\tpp\pack\ui\lang\lang_default_data_eng_fpk\Assets\tpp\lang\ui\tpp_announce_log.eng.lng2 to be specific. I figured there was probably language definitions for the strings, but I couldn't figure out where it was.

So far, I've only managed to make custom strings by hardcoding the existing strings themselves. The strings themselves are identified by key values, so there's probably another file referencing them somewhere that would need to be edited to add completely custom strings. Also, trying to pass parameter values to the existing strings just seems to make the game crash; I'll need to look more into this.

On a side note, in the announce log there seems to be some unused strings from cut content.
Time trials of some sort:
<Entry Key="4043829318" Color="8" Value="Added trial:" />
<Entry Key="2210320133" Color="8" Value="New trial record:" />
<Entry Key="1516481085" Color="7" Value="Canceled trial:" />

Quiet's commands popping up on the log:
<Entry Key="4227630274" Color="5" Value="Quiet: Has a shot" />
<Entry Key="825275856" Color="5" Value="Quiet: Ready for grenade ricochet" />
<Entry Key="733844849" Color="5" Value="Quiet: Unable to fire" />

Visitors being allowed to go to Motherbase (there were also similar lines for FOBs, so it looks like they were at one point supposed to be allowed to go to Motherbase as well):
<Entry Key="3760002448" Color="5" Value="Visitor at Mother Base" />

This is the one I found the most interesting, not sure if it was supposed to be used for Mission 45, or something different altogether:
<Entry Key="622141776" Color="6" Value="Quiet: Requesting rescue" />
Solidcal
beginner

Post by Solidcal »

BobDoleOwndU wrote:
Higus wrote:Well since the game has multiple text language support, I imagine you'd likely find that there are separate file banks for what "announce_fob_helper_arrive" means in files for different languages, and devs don't usually mass-store string in LUA-type script files, but in more like XML files.

Perhaps in these places?
Thanks! The strings are indeed in the location you pointed out, but in 0/00.dat; for English, they're in 0\00_dat\Assets\tpp\pack\ui\lang\lang_default_data_eng_fpk\Assets\tpp\lang\ui\tpp_announce_log.eng.lng2 to be specific. I figured there was probably language definitions for the strings, but I couldn't figure out where it was.

So far, I've only managed to make custom strings by hardcoding the existing strings themselves. The strings themselves are identified by key values, so there's probably another file referencing them somewhere that would need to be edited to add completely custom strings. Also, trying to pass parameter values to the existing strings just seems to make the game crash; I'll need to look more into this.

On a side note, in the announce log there seems to be some unused strings from cut content.
Time trials of some sort:
<Entry Key="4043829318" Color="8" Value="Added trial:" />
<Entry Key="2210320133" Color="8" Value="New trial record:" />
<Entry Key="1516481085" Color="7" Value="Canceled trial:" />

Quiet's commands popping up on the log:
<Entry Key="4227630274" Color="5" Value="Quiet: Has a shot" />
<Entry Key="825275856" Color="5" Value="Quiet: Ready for grenade ricochet" />
<Entry Key="733844849" Color="5" Value="Quiet: Unable to fire" />

Visitors being allowed to go to Motherbase (there were also similar lines for FOBs, so it looks like they were at one point supposed to be allowed to go to Motherbase as well):
<Entry Key="3760002448" Color="5" Value="Visitor at Mother Base" />

This is the one I found the most interesting, not sure if it was supposed to be used for Mission 45, or something different altogether:
<Entry Key="622141776" Color="6" Value="Quiet: Requesting rescue" />
That's pretty cool with the unused stuff. I guess they saw how annoyed people got with the trials and stuff to get 100% in GZ and just decided to get rid of them. Though I wonder if the Quiet related stuff could be added back in, in some way as it seems pretty interesting. :)
BobDoleOwndU
advanced

Post by BobDoleOwndU »

Alright, I found a better function for printing custom strings to the log. It's TppUiCommand.AnnounceLogView(). It allows you to print whatever string you enter between the parentheses. No messing around with strings in the language files. I.e. TppUiCommand.AnnounceLogView("Hello World!") will print "Hello World!" without the quotes in the log.
Solidcal wrote:That's pretty cool with the unused stuff. I guess they saw how annoyed people got with the trials and stuff to get 100% in GZ and just decided to get rid of them. Though I wonder if the Quiet related stuff could be added back in, in some way as it seems pretty interesting. :)
Yeah, Quiet's commands popping up in the log would be cool. I'm currently looking through all of the scripts, trying to format them properly and semi-deobfusticate them. If I come across the functions relating to Quiet's commands I'll see if I can add the command pop-ups to the log.
Higus
advanced

Post by Higus »

BobDoleOwndU wrote:I'm currently looking through all of the scripts, trying to format them properly and semi-deobfusticate them.
Please do update us with your findings, or as much as possible. Although I'm very interested in it myself, I don't have the time to study through the TPP code like you seem to. Good luck with your findings!
BobDoleOwndU
advanced

Post by BobDoleOwndU »

Higus wrote:Please do update us with your findings, or as much as possible. Although I'm very interested in it myself, I don't have the time to study through the TPP code like you seem to. Good luck with your findings!
Will do! Thanks!