Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN Ultimate Ninja STORM 4 (*.xfbin)

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
shadowlonely1989
veteran

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN Ultimate Ninja STORM 4 (*.xfbin)

Post by shadowlonely1989 »

Hi everyone! This game just released. Maybe *.xfbin are compressed by new method.

Here is example file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B44CD2 ... sp=sharing

Thanks for anyhelp!
Kristiqn54
ultra-n00b

Re: NARUTO SHIPPUDEN Ultimate Ninja STORM 4 (*.xfbin)

Post by Kristiqn54 »

the whole Patch folder and DataRegion from Launch folder are decrypted by default from unpacking the cpk
the whole other files are encrypted by something else
lelouch06
ultra-n00b

Post by lelouch06 »

https://github.com/esperknight/CriPakTools
it's the start project for decompress xfbin , please someone we need a saviour , and if you want , i can call you jesus XD
shadowlonely1989
veteran

I thinks real text stored in patch folder, messageInfo.bin with other encrypt, start with "CRILAYLA˜-" in per files.
Dakilla
n00b

Post by Dakilla »

shadowlonely1989 wrote:I thinks real text stored in patch folder, messageInfo.bin with other encrypt, start with "CRILAYLA˜-" in per files.
can you please tell me the xor key...
I'm assuming it's xor encrypted ... and also assuming it is a huge key since i managed to get part of it but not all

EDIT: I'm not sure it's an xor encryption anymore, can you please tell me how you broke the encryption so that I can test my CRILAYLA uncompress method
shadowlonely1989
veteran

Dakilla wrote:
shadowlonely1989 wrote:I thinks real text stored in patch folder, messageInfo.bin with other encrypt, start with "CRILAYLA˜-" in per files.
I'm assuming it's xor encrypted ... and also assuming it is a huge key since i managed to get part of it but not all

EDIT: I'm not sure it's an xor encryption anymore, can you please tell me how you broke the encryption so that I can test my CRILAYLA uncompress method
I don't know xor encryption key. I unpack this file from "data\patch\1\data.cpk" folder.
Kristiqn54
ultra-n00b

Post by Kristiqn54 »

Dakilla wrote:

Well the whole Patch folder and DataRegion.cpk from Launch folder contents are decrypted after they get extracted, don't know why
Dakilla
n00b

Post by Dakilla »

shadowlonely1989 wrote:
Dakilla wrote:

I don't know xor encryption key. I unpack this file from "data\patch\1\data.cpk" folder.
how come?... the file you uploaded is from the "launch\data1.cpk".

The file from the patch is way bigger and no encryoted and compressed
lelouch06
ultra-n00b

Post by lelouch06 »

I don't know xor encryption key. I unpack this file from "data\patch\1\data.cpk" folder.[/quote]

The file from the patch is way bigger and no encryoted and compressed[/quote]

no he come from NARUTO SHIPPUDEN Ultimate Ninja STORM 4\data\patch\1\data.cpk that's why you don't have the same size on that file
Kristiqn54
ultra-n00b

Post by Kristiqn54 »

Dakilla wrote: how come?... the file you uploaded is from the "launch\data1.cpk".

The file from the patch is way bigger and no encryoted and compressed
He is using CriPakTools-Master to extract the data, from patch folder data.cpk files come decrypted but in launch folder the data1.cpk extracts encrypted files
btw did you see my PM?
Dakilla
n00b

Post by Dakilla »

lelouch06 wrote:I don't know xor encryption key. I unpack this file from "data\patch\1\data.cpk" folder.

The file from the patch is way bigger and no encryoted and compressed[/quote]

no he come from NARUTO SHIPPUDEN Ultimate Ninja STORM 4\data\patch\1\data.cpk that's why you don't have the same size on that file[/quote]

ahh I see
the crypaktools unpacks the CRILAYLA, thx, this may be a very useful tip
Dakilla
n00b

Post by Dakilla »

I tried every idea I had to decrypt this stuff, since it does not look like I can do this on my own at all :)
I'm telling you everything I know and asking for help...

I'm almost absolutely certain this is some sort of byte for byte operation encryption, that's because every encrypted file starts with the same exact Hexadecimals

Code: Select all

8F CF 31 40 76 41 95 D1
which after decrypted with whatever substitution method translates to

43 52 49 4C 41 59 4C 41 -> CRILAYLA

At first, I thought this would be an XOR encryption and that if I could find the key then it would work...
I have 4 files in the attachments that are basically the same version of 2 files, but one encrypted and another decrypted...
XORing the 2 pairs of files, I would assume that both xor file results would at least share a resemblence and that I could find the XOR key that way but not really.

I'm attaching the files to this post so anyone can try and see if they can break the encryption and tell me how...if not, at least point me in the direction of commonly simple used encryption methods other then XOR so I can see if I can find it myself

Note : The encrypted and decrypted files aren't 100% identical but if you correctly decrypt the encrypted file, you should end with a close enough file to the decrypted I sent you (maybe 99%)
The reason for that is that the decrypted version is a copy of the encrypted one patched with a few changes (the game reads the patched files first rather then the originals)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lelouch06
ultra-n00b

Post by lelouch06 »

Dakilla wrote:I tried every idea I had to decrypt this stuff, since it does not look like I can do this on my own at all :)
I'm telling you everything I know and asking for help...

I'm almost absolutely certain this is some sort of byte for byte operation encryption, that's because every encrypted file starts with the same exact Hexadecimals

8F CF 31 40 76 41 95 D1
which after decrypted with whatever substitution method translates to

43 52 49 4C 41 59 4C 41 -> CRILAYLA

At first, I thought this would be an XOR encryption and that if I could find the key then it would work...
I have 4 files in the attachments that are basically the same version of 2 files, but one encrypted and another decrypted...
XORing the 2 pairs of files, I would assume that both xor file results would at least share a resemblence and that I could find the XOR key that way but not really.

I'm attaching the files to this post so anyone can try and see if they can break the encryption and tell me how...if not, at least point me in the direction of commonly simple used encryption methods other then XOR so I can see if I can find it myself

Note : The encrypted and decrypted files aren't 100% identical but if you correctly decrypt the encrypted file, you should end with a close enough file to the decrypted I sent you (maybe 99%)
The reason for that is that the decrypted version is a copy of the encrypted one patched with a few changes (the game reads the patched files first rather then the originals)
porbably stupied question but crilaya is the key ? and with calculate the difference between compress value and velue of crilaya you can decompile it?
MVEGETA
ultra-n00b

Post by MVEGETA »

I'm interested in this project too.

So far, the only models I was able to extract were Boruto and Salada, probably because those specific xfbins can be decrypted using the old tools that worked for previous Storm games. But maybe the .cpk file that included them (or the .xfbin files for that matter) contains some valuable information about the new .cpk's decryption?

I'm no expert at this but I'm willing to help as much as I can, anyway I can. If anyone needs any files, I'll be more than happy to provide.
Shinteo
beginner

Post by Shinteo »

Hi all.

Hopefully this isn't considered thread necro. It's just that I have kinda hit a wall with this game.
I am new to the whole ripping models from game disk thing, and from google, I have managed to learn how to get to the .xfbin files part. However, I have no idea how to proceed from there. Using Noesis.exe to attempt to view the files result in failure. So I am hoping for some help.

Wouldn't ask for the extracted models, though it would be nice if someone has them lying around. I just need a guide or tutorial on how to do the extraction myself.

Regards
Shinteo