Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
paulscottttt
beginner

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by paulscottttt »

does anyone know how to make a spec map for a texture (i believe its a spec map)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc »

paulscottttt wrote:does anyone know how to make a spec map for a texture (i believe its a spec map)
What do you mean? That's not the actual texture for the patch. What are you looking for?
paulscottttt
beginner

Post by paulscottttt »

XrayDoc wrote:
paulscottttt wrote:does anyone know how to make a spec map for a texture (i believe its a spec map)
What do you mean? That's not the actual texture for the patch. What are you looking for?
its one of three its called sna2_pacth0_def_srm. i maybe wrong but i think this tells the game how light reacts to the patch. as i have edited sna2_pacth0_def_bsm_alp & sna2_pacth0_def_nrm. and i removed sna2_pacth0_def_srm but now light reflects oddly now on the patches.
XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc »

paulscottttt wrote:
XrayDoc wrote:
its one of three its called sna2_pacth0_def_srm. i maybe wrong but i think this tells the game how light reacts to the patch. as i have edited sna2_pacth0_def_bsm_alp & sna2_pacth0_def_nrm. and i removed sna2_pacth0_def_srm but now light reflects oddly now on the patches.
Not sure why you would need to know which one affects the light of the patch, but if you do I don't know anything about it.
paulscottttt
beginner

Post by paulscottttt »

thats not what i was asking. i was asking how to make something like the pic i uploaded.
XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc »

paulscottttt wrote:thats not what i was asking. i was asking how to make something like the pic i uploaded.
Well I'm not sure about that either, lol
HeartlessSeph
advanced

Post by HeartlessSeph »

DarknessValtier wrote:HAHA!!!!
female Avatar editable is comming!!!!!
Well that seems pretty cool. Now we have to figure out how to actually swap voices instead of simply making the character silent.
imarceldoe
n00b

Post by imarceldoe »

Would anyone happen to know the filepath to the weapon models?

better yet would anyone be willing to get paid to port some models for me? baha
artworkplay
veteran

Post by artworkplay »

Hopefully this is just a simple request... could anyone point me to where the MGO textures are?
paulscottttt
beginner

Post by paulscottttt »

artworkplay wrote:Hopefully this is just a simple request... could anyone point me to where the MGO textures are?
im guessthing the folder in the MGSV folder calls "MGO" it has chunk0 & texture0 in there.

any one know how to edit textures for the left arm? i found the textures in texture0 but cant see a pftex for it. also nothing changes in game.
XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc »

artworkplay wrote:Hopefully this is just a simple request... could anyone point me to where the MGO textures are?
They might also be under the 1 folder in master, but they are definitely in the mgo folder in the texture0.dat file.
artworkplay
veteran

Post by artworkplay »

XrayDoc wrote:
They might also be under the 1 folder in master, but they are definitely in the mgo folder in the texture0.dat file.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong because nearly all the textures I extracted from the mgo folder are either for the head meshes or icon graphics, none for the parts.
DarknessValtier
beginner

Post by DarknessValtier »

artworkplay wrote:
XrayDoc wrote:
Maybe I'm doing something wrong because nearly all the textures I extracted from the mgo folder are either for the head meshes or icon graphics, none for the parts.
the characters texture stay inside the files "pftxs"
paulscottttt
beginner

Post by paulscottttt »

as i did not like the watch on the "Default" arm re done it based off the bionic arm that came with the limited edition.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
paulscottttt
beginner

Post by paulscottttt »

another screen