Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Rosalin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Rosalin »

It seems 403351 has some another sort of encryption.

any solutions? I can't see the TMC.
navmesh
beginner

Post by navmesh »

Rosalin wrote:It seems 403351 has some another sort of encryption.

any solutions? I can't see the TMC.
i use archive tool latest version and it works fine with me
Rosalin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Rosalin »

@navmesh

Oh, thank you :):):):):):)
navmesh
beginner

Post by navmesh »

@rosalin : you are welcome :)
and happy new year :D :D :D
bbbmods
beginner

Post by bbbmods »

Any way of extracting the new dlc? I have a tengu to de-wing.

EDIT- nvm, lnk_reshuffle can do it
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

bbbmods wrote:Any way of extracting the new dlc? I have a tengu to de-wing.

What's the scoop on lnk_reshuffle? I'm not sure how to do so using that. I think I have 4.2.7...
bbbmods
beginner

Post by bbbmods »

Protocol X27 wrote:
bbbmods wrote:Any way of extracting the new dlc? I have a tengu to de-wing.

What's the scoop on lnk_reshuffle? I'm not sure how to do so using that. I think I have 4.2.7...
lnk_reshuffle is on 4.4 now which supports the latest update.

features it includes.

-adding new hairstyles/faces without sacrificing an existing one.
-swap an existing file in game, dlc and non dlc.
-enables the ability to see the detail toggle in the select screen.
-option to enable glasses on costumes that have them disabled, or on characters that don't have them at all.
-any change done in lnk_reshuffle can be reverted to default with a click.

here is the latest version

http://w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11420722/1/

here is a guide to adding new hairstyles/faces

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/pc ... ost-288333

for dlc swapping, the post says you need to do a trick, but you don't need to. to swap dlc, you just have to do it the same way as adding a new hair by replacing it with an obsolote before swapping.

also, I'm not sure if you are aware, but your MeshReactorDual feature has been included in tmc object tool. just have to right click the mesh and choose add. it will automatically duplicate it and makes it empty.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/78y07 ... 0.12.0.zip
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

Thanks, bbb!

Good to know about the mesh reactor includes. I think tool creator's have surpassed my knowledge by far, so it's actually a good thing that I can free up time for other projects I'm working on. After about 3 years straight of doa modding, I'm due for a small break, lol. I'm working on some porting projects in the mean time which is indirectly related anyway to getting some models to put into the game. After those are done hopefully I can get back to looking into skeleton inserts... that is unless that's already been done too XD (edit: gee, looks like it has XD, guess I should spend more time on sfxt)

Edit:
I'm missing one thing, I tried to extract the new stuff, but it doesn't seem to recognize the new pack. Is there are reference file that needs to be updated like with older apps?
bbbmods
beginner

Post by bbbmods »

Protocol X27 wrote:Thanks, bbb!

Good to know about the mesh reactor includes. I think tool creator's have surpassed my knowledge by far, so it's actually a good thing that I can free up time for other projects I'm working on. After about 3 years straight of doa modding, I'm due for a small break, lol. I'm working on some porting projects in the mean time which is indirectly related anyway to getting some models to put into the game. After those are done hopefully I can get back to looking into skeleton inserts... that is unless that's already been done too XD (edit: gee, looks like it has XD, guess I should spend more time on sfxt)

Edit:
I'm missing one thing, I tried to extract the new stuff, but it doesn't seem to recognize the new pack. Is there are reference file that needs to be updated like with older apps?
in lnk_reshuffle 4.4, just click on the file, then click extract

it should show up in the out folder in the lnk_reshuffle folder.

did you install the latest doa patch 1.4.4 hotfix? or did you copy the new dinput8.dll in the game folder?
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

Mine would not let me extract, and it is likely because I don't have the hot fix. It hasn't been updated since hotfix 3. I tried lookin on sfxt, but didn't know which thread I was lookin for.
bbbmods
beginner

Post by bbbmods »

Protocol X27 wrote:Mine would not let me extract, and it is likely because I don't have the hot fix. It hasn't been updated since hotfix 3. I tried lookin on sfxt, but didn't know which thread I was lookin for.
http://w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/top ... 94/32/#new
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

Thanks, that did it. Modding sure is easier on PC, but keeping up with apps & updates is a pain compared to the Xbox days, lol. Back then it was just get the DLC and wait for someone to post the Title Update XD
weetold
ultra-n00b

Post by weetold »

Anyone still have the tools for extractors Dead or Alive 4, or Xtreme 2 models?
SleepySea
n00b

Post by SleepySea »

How's everyone doing?

I recently got interested in DOA5 modding again after a long hiatus and made a character transformer tool out of curiosity that turned into a few days of coding frenzy. I've finally made it work pretty well, and it seems to be in a relatively stable state to be used as a fun tool or supplement in modding.

Here's the link to my post with instructions and stuff: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/50997-do ... ?p=1460252
or (if it is down, which happens quite often :))
https://www.undertow.club/threads/doa5l ... ost-115749

It basically allows one to take any female's costume and transform it to fit any other female body type with a few clicks. I've made it so that it has very good performance with a simple user interface that is easy to understand and use. Please let me know if you have any questions. I have pretty detailed instructions and update logs in the link above.

I've also updated my OBJ converter to deal with "rotated" (transformed) objects. It can now accurately show where objects should be, and it can put all the changes back in after editing it in an editor like 3ds max without having to reset their transformation matrices. I figured there must still be a few people who prefer doing things in 3ds max, and this tool of mine could find a niche market :)

my converter can be found here http://www.loverslab.com/topic/50997-do ... ?p=1346825
or
https://www.undertow.club/threads/doa5l ... ost-114712

I've added a section called "TMC post processing" which includes functionality to recalculate normal vectors (if they are broken for some reason), smooth seams (that is the same as the current version to remove seams/gaps on models) and now it can automatically fix neck vertices for you after using the recompute normal vectors to remove neck seam. The recompute normal vector functionality calculates normal vectors while taking into account neighboring triangles to achieve the same kind of smoothness you see in things like 3ds max. Please let me know if you have any questions.
TeridaxXD001
ultra-n00b

Post by TeridaxXD001 »

I'm interested in the DOA2 Arcade/Dreamcast models, if anyone can take a look at those.