Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

ARchive_neXt

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Paliha
beginner

Re: ARchive_neXt

Post by Paliha »

I wrote that exports to obj, converted fine, but without graphics.The mtl file is empty.And the problem with mesh_viewer not solved.
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MichaelDarkAngel »

Paliha wrote:I wrote that exports to obj, converted fine, but without graphics.The mtl file is empty.
What model are you exporting?
Paliha wrote:And the problem with mesh_viewer not solved.
Never said the mesh_viewer problem was solved. Best reason I can come up with for those of you having that problem is, "It's a hardware issue."

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook
ARchive_neXt v4.03.27.0 Now Available!

"I intend to leave a memory of myself in the minds of others."
Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
Greenplumbbob
n00b

Post by Greenplumbbob »

MichaelDarkAngel wrote:
Paliha wrote:And the problem with mesh_viewer not solved.
Never said the mesh_viewer problem was solved. Best reason I can come up with for those of you having that problem is, "It's a hardware issue."

--MDA
Maybe it's what version of Windows they have? I've noticed that some programs were really buggy in Windows 7 and in Windows 8 (or the opposite) they were just fine. There is also this issue with windows 10 tons of people have since most Directx version just doesn't run on it, except for 12 of course, which leads a lot of programs to not even start up, or giving those 'Object not set to an instance' when it comes to, for example the mesh preview. (I guess there are tons of other errors, but I can't really think of more)
So it might be a interesting way of figuring out if it's only people having trouble on what version of Windows, although it might be a death lead to the problem. I use Windows 7 64x. As far as I know, my computer doesn't have a hardware issue.

Edit: I'm going to test Assassin's creed 3 to test if the preview is just not working with the latest Assassin's creed games.
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Greenplumbbob wrote:Maybe it's what version of Windows they have?
Before it's release I tested ARchive_neXt on the four versions I had available to me.
Windows XP 32-bit - Will not even start
Windows 7 Home 32-bit - Worked (dual-boot PC)
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit - Worked (laptop)
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit - Worked (dual-boot PC, the video on my website was made with this version)

Since then the dual-boot PC has been upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 - Worked
That PC has been given to my daughter, built a new PC for myself.
Windows 8.1 Home 64-bit - Worked (New PC, fresh install)
Now both my laptop and my desktop PC have been upgraded to Windows 10 - Both are working with no issues.

I don't believe it is a Windows version problem.
Greenplumbbob wrote:As far as I know, my computer doesn't have a hardware issue.
By "hardware issue", I mean more of a difference in our hardware. Something in the way our PCs are configured could be different, it could even be a difference in software. Since I can't reproduce the issue, it makes it tough for me to troubleshoot it.
Greenplumbbob wrote:Edit: I'm going to test Assassin's creed 3 to test if the preview is just not working with the latest Assassin's creed games.
Unfortunately, I don't think this will be any different.

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
defaltdobrasao
ultra-n00b

Post by defaltdobrasao »

hello man im costantly visiting this topic waitin for rainbow6 support as i read that u want to add support for it, can u estimate when and if u will do this? thank u so much :wink:
nav00811
beginner

Post by nav00811 »

Why am i unable to download Archive Next V3.19
Greenplumbbob
n00b

Post by Greenplumbbob »

MichaelDarkAngel wrote:
Greenplumbbob wrote:Maybe it's what version of Windows they have?
Before it's release I tested ARchive_neXt on the four versions I had available to me.
Windows XP 32-bit - Will not even start
Windows 7 Home 32-bit - Worked (dual-boot PC)
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit - Worked (laptop)
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit - Worked (dual-boot PC, the video on my website was made with this version)

Since then the dual-boot PC has been upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 - Worked
That PC has been given to my daughter, built a new PC for myself.
Windows 8.1 Home 64-bit - Worked (New PC, fresh install)
Now both my laptop and my desktop PC have been upgraded to Windows 10 - Both are working with no issues.

I don't believe it is a Windows version problem.
Greenplumbbob wrote:As far as I know, my computer doesn't have a hardware issue.
By "hardware issue", I mean more of a difference in our hardware. Something in the way our PCs are configured could be different, it could even be a difference in software. Since I can't reproduce the issue, it makes it tough for me to troubleshoot it.
Greenplumbbob wrote:Edit: I'm going to test Assassin's creed 3 to test if the preview is just not working with the latest Assassin's creed games.
Unfortunately, I don't think this will be any different.

--MDA
Like you thought, it didn't work. I did look around Directx's settings but sadly this didn't work either. But I guess with the fact that I bootcamped my computer, is that my specs aren't that great for either gaming or 3D work. And with that, I mean an Intel HD 4000 as graphics card and a Intel i5 as processor. I don't know if there is a compatibility with graphics and all that comes with the program?
Paliha
beginner

Post by Paliha »

I tried it on another laptop under Win7x64, the result is the same. No handler for Mesh Viewer. Strange, but under the debugger, Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.dll loads of the two distributions:
1.c:\ARchive_neXt\Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.dll
2.c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\DirectX for Managed Code\
Delete any positive result does not give.
May be better to switch to OpenGL ?
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

nav00811 wrote:Why am i unable to download Archive Next V3.19
Not sure. I had a couple people on Facebook tell me they were receiving a 403 Forbidden error when trying to access my website. If you are having the same issue, PM me and I will send the file to you that way.

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

defaltdobrasao wrote:hello man im costantly visiting this topic waitin for rainbow6 support as i read that u want to add support for it, can u estimate when and if u will do this? thank u so much :wink:
Rainbow 6 has changed quite a bit in the forge file format along with file types. They have very little in common with the AC games. So it means I'm starting over trying to find files and determine the exact formats. Be patient as this process takes a little longer.

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
defaltdobrasao
ultra-n00b

Post by defaltdobrasao »

MichaelDarkAngel wrote:
defaltdobrasao wrote:hello man im costantly visiting this topic waitin for rainbow6 support as i read that u want to add support for it, can u estimate when and if u will do this? thank u so much :wink:
Rainbow 6 has changed quite a bit in the forge file format along with file types. They have very little in common with the AC games. So it means I'm starting over trying to find files and determine the exact formats. Be patient as this process takes a little longer.

--MDA
aight man nice to see that u already know whats going on
thanks for reply
Paul44
advanced

Viewing issue...

Post by Paul44 »

I had some crash issues in the past, but those seem to be resolved now. Either the newest release did the trick, or I've done something on my pc that got it working...

That said: when I checked out JacobFrye's outfit, I got this: [ http://imgur.com/a/zckWF ] (1st picture).
So I asked #MichaelDarkAngel, and he told me I had to simply 'open' all Texture Maps related to this body (below, in the same 'branch'). (resulting in 2nd picture).

Request maybe: is it possible to add a context-sensitive option to 'Get Texture Maps'? Ie to collect that info automatically (where it applies)?
I can understand that you do not want to do this immediately, for load_time's sake.

EDIT:
not to mention the fact that they are not always consistent in their naming convention...! Ah, c'est la vie.

ps: FYI: for testing purposes, I had installed another/prev AC game; which I removed yesterday since the app works fine now. But when I launched it again thereafter, it gave me a crash error (but i could continue). Evt figured out that this was caused by the fact that the 'removed game' entry was still "active" in my preference settings. Disabling/restarting arch_next, and error gone...
For those of you who can't 'continue' in such cases, simply renaming/deleting [prefs.arx] should do it as well.
Last edited by Paul44 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Viewing issue...

Paul44 wrote:Request maybe: is it possible to add a context-sensitive option to 'Get Texture Maps'? Ie to collect that info automatically (where it applies)?
I can understand that you do not want to do this immediately, for load_time's sake.
I wish it were that easy. The texture maps are referenced by file id in the model file. However, the file id can only be discovered and indexed once the containing datafile is de-compressed. Unfortunately, I have nothing pointing me to the containing datafile.

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
Greenplumbbob
n00b

Post by Greenplumbbob »

So I got really curious if I was opening the models the wrong way after seeing Paul44's post, because that could have been a possibility, of me and other people selecting the mesh wrong. So after only been able to find the exact branch (as seen in Paul44's images) in the DataPC_12_dlc.forge. (The London.forge and any other .forge files only had the mesh but not the textures, unless I would move to another branch where there is only the texture located and not the mesh).
I opened up what the Texture map said that the mesh needed (except for the average_male_skin) But sadly, after I finally selected the mesh, it still gave me the error:

From there, I just went somewhat deeper into the whole Ezio file itself and took a look at the material (I know this one is really different from the texture set or the maps) But I noticed that the program couldn't find them:

It's not just with the one I selected, but with every file in the material (of the Ezios file at least). I hope this can help you out getting closer to fixing the problems of the 3D preview. I do enjoy the program though!
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Greenplumbbob wrote:So I got really curious if I was opening the models the wrong way after seeing Paul44's post, because that could have been a possibility, of me and other people selecting the mesh wrong. So after only been able to find the exact branch (as seen in Paul44's images) in the DataPC_12_dlc.forge. (The London.forge and any other .forge files only had the mesh but not the textures, unless I would move to another branch where there is only the texture located and not the mesh).
I opened up what the Texture map said that the mesh needed (except for the average_male_skin) But sadly, after I finally selected the mesh, it still gave me the error:
It makes no difference what approach you take to open the mesh. If the model viewer is working you should not get an error. If you go straight to the mesh and open it you should see a white, texture-less model. You can then attempt to find and open the datafiles that contain the textures, go back to the mesh, and upon opening it you should now see a textured model. Or, you could open the texture datafiles first, then open the mesh and it will be textured. Either way, does not matter.

We (Paul44 and myself), have not come to a definitive conclusion as to what has 'fixed' the issue for him.
Greenplumbbob wrote:From there, I just went somewhat deeper into the whole Ezio file itself and took a look at the material (I know this one is really different from the texture set or the maps) But I noticed that the program couldn't find them:

It's not just with the one I selected, but with every file in the material (of the Ezios file at least). I hope this can help you out getting closer to fixing the problems of the 3D preview. I do enjoy the program though!
The material viewer routine was not completed for every game and has no bearing on whether or not the model viewer routine or export routine finds the textures that are required for a model. Its only purpose was more for debugging another routine that I was working on. It will work for all games in the next update. But you will find that it works much like the model viewer and export routines, in that if you do not open the datafiles containing the textures you will see a lot of "Not Found".

Sorry for the confusion.

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience