Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

SW Battlefront 2015 model files

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
urgarulga
n00b

Re: SW Battlefront 2015 model files

Post by urgarulga »

Wobble wrote:Thanks, tried it again. I think I got it this time. No itextures though.
It moved chunk files and renamed all of my meshes. I didn't care for that. :)

Is there a video or instructions for the iTexture Converter? Tried it, and it doesn't work for me.
The "Select Itexture folder" isn't doing anything for me. "Count" field doesn't change.
same story when it comes to the texture converter. You got to use the correct tool for that. I used the Batch_Itexture_Converter.exe included in swbf.rar found here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13584.

After selecting the two folders and hitting get dds files the program will freeze but it will start to find the proper dds and place them in folders like the picture I posted earlier (takes a while).
Wobble
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Wobble »

[out]
Last edited by Wobble on Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
urgarulga
n00b

Post by urgarulga »

Wobble wrote:Thanks, that one worked! The other was a dud. They don't make this easy without instructions. :)
took me quite some trial and error too. I guess you already know the dds are some kind of newer DX10 format and need a special viewer/converter for these, just want to mention it anyways.
Wobble
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Wobble »

[out]
urgarulga
n00b

Post by urgarulga »

Wobble wrote:
I see "DX10" embedded in all of the DDS files. I think it's been around since 2010, so it shouldn't be that hard to find source code for a DX10 decoder.
I used PicoPixel (http://pixelandpolygon.com/) to preview them and used a converter to get them in a common readable format: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/881 ... verter.rar.
JakeGreen
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by JakeGreen »

Wobble wrote:Thanks, tried it again. I think I got it this time. No itextures though.
It moved chunk files and renamed all of my meshes. I didn't care for that. :)

Is there a video or instructions for the iTexture Converter? Tried it, and it doesn't work for me.
The "Select Itexture folder" isn't doing anything for me. "Count" field doesn't change.
Okay here is what you wanna do,

When it tells you to select the Itexture folder that is the Res folder and than just select the chunk folder it's really not that hard.

But if it can get the Meshes,UVs and Bones why not just go ahead and release it?
urgarulga wrote:
Wobble wrote:
I see "DX10" embedded in all of the DDS files. I think it's been around since 2010, so it shouldn't be that hard to find source code for a DX10 decoder.
I used PicoPixel (http://pixelandpolygon.com/) to preview them and used a converter to get them in a common readable format: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/881 ... verter.rar.
No this method is probably the most stupid and most time consuming.

What you wanna do is when it dumps the textures you wanna open them in MS Visual Studio 2013 (which is free) that is the best program atm that works with the textures and you can than save them as png (don't save as anything else) and load them in XNview and export them back out as DDS files so it separates the alpha layer from the RGB channel.
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

It's not shocking to see confusion about extracting files from this game correctly, there is 7 threads here talking about it and everyone is giving different advice and sharing different versions of the same tools... :eek:
Wobble
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Wobble »

[out]
urgarulga
n00b

Post by urgarulga »

Wobble wrote:
Anyway, the DDS Converter tool fails on half of the .dds files. And PicoPixel crashes on some of them too.

I'm guessing the iTexture Converter finds the texture chunk and adds its own DX10 header? Perhaps it's setting the wrong pixel format? Which could explain why PicoPixel is crashing. I don't know.
yeah the Batch_Itexture_Converter should just add its stuff and spit it out as DDS then it should be viewable with PicoPixel. After that I just recursively ran the DDS converter through the dumped content I wanted.

Which dds files didn't work for you? So I can see if it works on my side.
Wobble
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Wobble »

[out]
artworkplay
veteran

Post by artworkplay »

The Batch iTexture converter I think renames chunks to the appropriate file name but from what I read I'm just assuming you need to use the right converter for the appropriate game (BF3 converter doesn't work for BF4 and Hardline and vice-versa) so you'll need to use the converter for SWBF for the SWBF files. I'm guessing the chunks got renamed differently when you used the previous converter but that's just a guess on my part.
Wobble
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Wobble »

[out]
JakeGreen
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by JakeGreen »

Wobble wrote:Well, I deleted everything and started over. Ugh.

Question:
Should SWBFdumper.py execute successfully to the end?
After extracting almost 40GB, the script ended in a KeyError.

I skipped using the management tool. Didn't want my files renamed.

Tried the texture converter again, and the vader folder only created 86kb .dds files.
I think those are all failed textures.

Why don't they bundle these programs together, so we know they *all* work together?
Or at least have one Python script that does it all, so we don't have to screw around with this?
You want the texture tool from this thread and it's in the first post with the rest of the scripts.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13584
Wobble
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Wobble »

[out]
Last edited by Wobble on Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
artworkplay
veteran

Post by artworkplay »

@Wobble
I have to ask, did you encounter any problems with getting head meshes to import properly? dainiuxxx's Frostbite mesh importer maxscript had problems extracting head meshes and since SWBF is a Frostbite game, well... I'm just assuming they'd have the same format problems.