Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

StarWars Battlefront full extraction scripts

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
elementofprgress
n00b

StarWars Battlefront full extraction scripts

Post by elementofprgress »

This script will extract all of the data/files from SWBF. Including the Patch and Update(xpack) data. There is still work to do on it. I eventually plan on it being able to get more data/files, like unpacking the initfs_Win32 and some other fun stuff.

Everything should be compatible with Daemon1's tools(https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13584). The FB3decoder is included in the rar file.

I'm posting this here instead of an existing thread so you guys can let me know if anything isn't working and keep a change log as I update it.

If you are looking to get just the EBX data you can comment out the marked section(line 207-251)

SWBF Extraction Scripts v1:
https://mega.nz/#!ml53iTzS!Bt5j_dJ03IHk ... nKmdO9GVcM
Symthic.com - elementofprgress
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: StarWars Battlefront full extraction scripts

Post by daemon1 »

Again I recommend using my XAS decoder, because Frank's dll makes 32-bit WAV files, and you will get, say, 40GB of wavs instead of 20GB, and that's 20GB of useless data.
elementofprgress
n00b

daemon1 wrote:Again I recommend using my XAS decoder, because Frank's dll makes 32-bit WAV files, and you will get, say, 40GB of wavs instead of 20GB, and that's 20GB of useless data.
I saw some differences in the fb3decode.py and such but were not sure what they were. I know little about the difference between XAS output vs 32-bit wave output. If it can save that much room and not lose any quality, the multi channels and all that I can't recommend using your XAS decoder enough. It also looks your tool can target audio from specific ebx?

I may just remove the fb3decoder from the rar. When writing this script res files, and chunks were all secondary to EBX files, patched versions of files, and making sure none of that slips through the cracks because at Symthic.com that is really what we are interested in.
Wobble
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Wobble »

[out]
Last edited by Wobble on Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
JakeGreen
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by JakeGreen »

You guys messed up the mesh format and switched it to meshset and now the chunk and mesh tool will not work with the files.

I'm in the process of trying to edit it, but why did you guys just not leave it to .mesh?

EDIT: Here is the updated mesh and chunk tool, i updated it to support the .meshset so if you use meshset this should work just fine with all other frostbite games that are listed on the program.

I also changed a few things on it,gave it a icon and a rename cause i never understood why it was named BF3 after it started getting more games added to the program so it's now named Frostbite mesh and chunk tool.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6orou ... Reader.rar
Last edited by JakeGreen on Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
elementofprgress
n00b

JakeGreen wrote:You guys messed up the mesh format and switched it to meshset and now the chunk and mesh tool will not work with the files.

I'm in the process of trying to edit it, but why did you guys just not leave it to .mesh?

EDIT: Here is the updated mesh and chunk tool, i updated it to support the .meshset so if you this works just fine with all other frostbite games that are listed on the program.

I also changed a few things on it,gave it a icon and a rename cause i never understood why it was named BF3 after it started getting more games added to the program so it's now named Frostbite mesh and chunk tool.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6orou ... Reader.rar

That was my bad, I don't really mess around with meshs or the mesh tool all that often and didn't even think about the mesh restype. :[ So yeah, its not like there was decision or something to change it to MeshSet . I just have my res list match what ever he is using because I use his tools too and figure most people do. However, I can't say I ever extracted and rigged up a mesh.

That is awesome that you updated the mesh tool. I've had to do that in the past for textures while its not the hardest thing in the world, damn it can be tedious. I was just gonna fix the script real fast and upload it again but now that you've made this I think I'm just gonna make note of it in the op and remind people to check what tool they are using and the res list.

Thank you for letting me know it was set wrong. If you notice anything else wrong with the script, let me know. That or have and suggestions or ideas on what else I can have the script do.
JakeGreen
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by JakeGreen »

Ah alright no problem.

I'm still having problems with some of the textures mainly the head and hair i can't figure out the hex value for their format does anyone know it?
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

JakeGreen wrote:Ah alright no problem.

I'm still having problems with some of the textures mainly the head and hair i can't figure out the hex value for their format does anyone know it?
Can you send examples?
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

elementofprgress wrote:I saw some differences in the fb3decode.py and such but were not sure what they were. I know little about the difference between XAS output vs 32-bit wave output. If it can save that much room and not lose any quality, the multi channels and all that I can't recommend using your XAS decoder enough. It also looks your tool can target audio from specific ebx?
My tool is a generic XAS decoder. And it supports multichannel too. I'm just running it from fb3decode.py with parameters, such as file name, offset, etc, just like it was with Frank's XAS.dll.

But in case of 4-bit ADPCM files (which XAS actually is) it is a waste of space making 32-bit WAVs of them.
JakeGreen
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by JakeGreen »

daemon1 wrote:
JakeGreen wrote:Ah alright no problem.

Can you send examples?
Here you go http://www.mediafire.com/download/uv77m ... exture.rar
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

The format is right. The problem is in chunk extraction or maybe something else is wrong.

This is your t_heads_leia_cs texture:

It is 256x256, and the header says it is 2048x2048 (what i think its supposed to be). But in this case the file must be 2Mbytes, not 86k like you send me.

Same with teeth & eyes, they are 128x128 instead of 256x256

What did you use to dump these files? Can you send me the corresponding .texture files?
JakeGreen
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by JakeGreen »

I used the scripts on here to re-extract everything that I had extracted with your scripts but after I got everything extracted again I used your edited batch texture converter to get all the textures. When I get home from work later I'll get you the .texture files.
elementofprgress
n00b

daemon1 wrote:The format is right. The problem is in chunk extraction or maybe something else is wrong.

This is your t_heads_leia_cs texture:

It is 256x256, and the header says it is 2048x2048 (what i think its supposed to be). But in this case the file must be 2Mbytes, not 86k like you send me.

Same with teeth & eyes, they are 128x128 instead of 256x256

What did you use to dump these files? Can you send me the corresponding .texture files?
This is the issue I had when trying to get at textures during the beta.(with an eye texture IIRC) It makes me think that the chunk is a mipmap of the full sized texture, just as a texture itself. Instead of generated?? don't know, is that how they work or could work? and that the full size texture is in another chunk somewhere.

or chunks with certain res meta data might need to be combined in some way. IDK i'm taking total shots in the dark.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

I just made a check with .res files extracted with my version of Franks's scripts

I took the mentioned t_eyes_black_c .texture file, and found that is points to only one chunk 75kb in size, that is the proper size. Not the 22k extracted with your script. I don't know what is wrong with your script, but something's definitely wrong. Maybe something's got messed after all the updates, I don't have them, but people still have teeth in the game, right?

So I'd recommend JakeGreen to re-extract everything back with my script and check if all textures are ok.

p.s. Also checked Leia's head, and its texture chunk is also 2,5MB as expected.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

elementofprgress wrote:It makes me think that the chunk is a mipmap of the full sized texture, just as a texture itself. Instead of generated?? don't know, is that how they work or could work? and that the full size texture is in another chunk somewhere.
That makes me think that maybe its time to give me all of the game files, or at least one full CAS folder. So I can finally see whats happening there.