Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

3D Model Viewer

General game file tools that are useful for more than one game
TaylorMouse
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

3D Model Viewer

Post by TaylorMouse »

Hi guys,

I just wanted to show the 3D Model viewer or browser I've been working on.

The initial idea behind this project was to quickly browse to multiple models very quickly so you do not need to import them each time using script, cause it just takes too much time and clicks to achieve this.

Side note: support for textures is removed, it slowed everything down.

Browsing for games:
  • Diablo III (.app)
    Heroes of the Storm (.m3)
    Starcraft II (.m3 )
    World Of Warcraft (.m2 & wmo )
Supports:
  • Disney's Infinity (.ibuf & .vbuf)
    Ninja Ripper (.rip)
    Orcs must Die (.model)
    Silver (.as)
    Wavefront (.obj)
    3D Studio (.3ds)

Anyways, here are some screens and here you can download it : 3D Model Viewer 2.1

Find all the details here

Enjoy

T.
Swift12
n00b

Re: 3D Model Viewer

Post by Swift12 »

Please can you explain how to load textures and animations with this? I managed to extract everything and it loads the bare 3D models, but not the textures, no matter what I do... :(
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

Its a model viewer not a model and animation viewer, and..
TaylorMouse wrote:support for textures is removed, it slowed everything down.
:)
Swift12
n00b

Post by Swift12 »

AceWell wrote:Its a model viewer not a model and animation viewer, and..
TaylorMouse wrote:support for textures is removed, it slowed everything down.
:)
Ok, but then it kinda makes it pointless. Plus the preview pictures he posted shows textures loaded. Sorry I wasn't checking the description, I had this model viewer downloaded already, I just wanted to find a thread about it.

So then are there ANY other Diablo 3 model viewers? I cannot believe that the crappy CainsAide is the only one people made, when WoW has like even an online model viewer which shows animations. :(

To make it more clear - I am not a modeller, I tried this 3DMax importing and I fail hard at it. I am just a gamer who wishes to have a tool that lets me view the in-game models of the PCs and Monsters, rotate the model, and apply any of the in-game animation to it. That's all I want. WoW has had such a tool for years now... I imagined D3 would be easy to make too, but it seems there are less people interested in making it.
TaylorMouse
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by TaylorMouse »

The "initial" reason I made this, was for personal use only.

Added the possibility to browse through the models by just clicking the green left and right button was the whole idea, even the tree view with the set of models came afterwards, so I did not need to run a script to open each model seperatly and select it, etc. It is particularly helpfull if you use Ninja Ripper, it has tons of usefull and less usefull mesh_xxx.rip files. So to go through them quicly, I think this is ideal.

It made sence to me to quickly browse them and once I found what I was looking for, just right click the entry, select copy full path, and then use it in the real import script of 3DS Max.

I never wanted to implement animation, or the textures, but got carried away at some point that I added the "Load texture" feature, but it did more evil stuff than good, so I removed it.
The picture with anub'arak is one of few (read: very few) where the texture made sence...

On the Diablo topic, animations differ a lot from WoW's, there are sets of animations that are used in multiple sets of objects, I was always interested to find the link between the models and the animation files, but never got to finish it. Altough I did finish an animation and model importer for 3DS Max for it. ( Diablo III .app & .ani ) But you need to import them one by one.

T.
Swift12
n00b

Post by Swift12 »

Thanks. sadly that doesn't help me much. I downloaded 3Dsmax once but could not made heads or tails of that program, it's so compicated, let alone to run scripts on it.
Vindis
advanced

Post by Vindis »

Hi TaylorMouse,

Do you still working on the model viewer?
I've downloaded the latest version (3.2), but every Overwatch model gaves me the same error message.

"Unable to load model" It got some problem with the end of datastream.

Without your tool, finding a model is tedious :D
DiMickfoxed65
n00b

Post by DiMickfoxed65 »

Hello, im need to rip a woody model, but i needed to download the wii vercion because is more easy for extract the files, my problem is when i oppen the file these, Spawns a error "same error appears in the Disney infinity model extractor" with says "you can't read beyond the sequence" i need help! :[