Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Rainbow Six: Siege AudioKinetic PCK container

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
Vosvoy
veteran

Rainbow Six: Siege AudioKinetic PCK container

Post by Vosvoy »

Hi mates,

I was wondering if someone was curious enough to look into the .pck audio containers from this game because it's pissing me off.
Indeed, it appears that different audio format are used in a same .pck container: like Wwise OGG Vorbis and Wwise IMA ADPCM (not sure for this one).

I already tried multiple tools and techniques on those files:

_Nova Extractor (works, but doesn't recognize different formats).
_Riveal (works too, can make the difference between Wwise OGG and Wwise IMA ADPCM, makes correct folder, but doesn't extract all the files).
_Ravioli scanner and extractor (doesn't work at all).

So, if one of you guys got a better way to correctly convert those files, I'll take it.

Many thanks in advance.
Vosvoy
spider91
advanced

Re: Rainbow Six: Siege AudioKinetic PCK container

Post by spider91 »

Try this for extracting PCK. For decoding Wwise Vorbis use ww2ogg, for Wwise APDCM use this, and this for Wwise PCM.
Vosvoy
veteran

Post by Vosvoy »

Alright, thanks spider91.

Now, I've got some questions:

I've got, at least, 4 containers extracted from .pck (with this func_getTYPE.bms from the .pck archive extractor you gave me):

-at3 (don't know anything about this format at all)
-lwav (don't know much about this format too)
-wwise (can't make the difference between Vorbis and/or ADPCM)
-bnk (ok, no big deal for this one)

My first question: is it possible to create correct subfolders via bnkextr.exe during exraction (like "BNK_S_W_Assault_RemingtonR4" subfolder, "BNK_S_W_pistol_FN57USG" subfolder, "BNK_VO_Hostage" subfolder, etc...) Like "Riveal" do?

Second question: is it possible to distinguish Wwise Vorbis and Wwise ADPCM during extraction with the pck extractor script?

If I ask those questions it's because it'll take me ages to know which tool I'll have to use on each format...

PS: one of those screwed up format that I couldn't convert with the tools you gave me: attached!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vosvoy
spider91
advanced

Post by spider91 »

-at3 - i guess it's wwise pcm.
-lwav - upload some samples.

Don't know about subfolders.

Yes, it's possible, but script need to be modified to do that. Maybe i'll do that in future, don't have much time now.

Sometimes files inside .bnk are only small parts from original .wwise files inside .pck. That's your case, so you can't convert that files and don't need to, cause you have full versions of that files in .pck. Also you can use this script to extract .bnk too.

As about discovering each fomat. Why should it take ages? Just run ww2ogg batch file for *.wwise than same with wwise_adpcm tool and you will get all files converted.
Vosvoy
veteran

Post by Vosvoy »

Ok thanks mate I'll try it.

I've attached some lwav samples and one at3 file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vosvoy
spider91
advanced

Post by spider91 »

.at3 - wwise pcm
.lwav - wwise adpcm
Vosvoy
veteran

Post by Vosvoy »

Nice,

I noticed that some (not all of them) at3 files are correctly converted but can't be played by any audio software.
Vosvoy
spider91
advanced

Post by spider91 »

I see where is the problem, it's about additional chunks. Will update script a bit later, now i need some sleep.
spider91
advanced

Post by spider91 »

Here you go

Code: Select all

idstring "RIFF"
get DUMMY long
idstring "WAVEfmt "
get CHUNK_SIZE long
for CHUNK_NAME = "" != "data" 
	goto CHUNK_SIZE 0 SEEK_CUR
	savepos CHUNK_POS 0
	getdstring CHUNK_NAME 4 0
	get CHUNK_SIZE long 0
next
math DATA_OFFSET = CHUNK_POS
math DATA_SIZE = CHUNK_SIZE
math DATA_SIZE += 0x8
math RIFF_SIZE = DATA_SIZE
math RIFF_SIZE += 0x1C
log MEMORY_FILE 0 0
append
log MEMORY_FILE 0 0x24
log MEMORY_FILE DATA_OFFSET DATA_SIZE
append
putVarChr MEMORY_FILE 0x04 RIFF_SIZE long
putVarChr MEMORY_FILE 0x10 0x10 long
putVarChr MEMORY_FILE 0x14 0x01 short
get SIZE asize MEMORY_FILE
get NAME basename
string NAME += ".wav"
log NAME 0x00 SIZE MEMORY_FILE
Vosvoy
veteran

Post by Vosvoy »

Okay thanks mate. I'll give it a shot tomorrow.
Vosvoy
FatalBulletHit
beginner

Post by FatalBulletHit »

Hey there,

I tried to extract all the R6 Siege sound files and after several hours of trial and error I managed to convert all the .lwav and .at3 files into .wav files, however, this does not include any of the voice files (which are all in .Wwise). I also tried to make use of Riveal, but with barely any success (regarding the voice files) either: exactly 3 files were correctly extracted and they were all the same...

I also didn't have any success using ww2ogg to convert the .Wwise (and .wem) files, no matter wether I extracted them of the .bnk files or .pck files, as the converted files don't playback any sound (using VLC). They've however different file sizes (reaching from 4KB to 310KB) but when trying to use Revorb it just crashes.

My question is: did anyone manage to extract and convert these files and if so, what did I do wrong?

tl;dr: .pck files get (apparently) extracted correctly, .Wwise files can (apparently) not get converted correctly, .bnk files are (apparently) useless and .lwav and .at3 files get converted correctly.

Edit:
Took a break, came back and figuered it out within a few minutes: Using ww2ogg with the other codebook converts the .Wwise files correctly and thus revorb doesn't crash either. The .bnk files also contain .Wwise, .lwav and .at3 files which can get converted correctly, too, however, "only" 121'870 of the nearly 400'000 files are convertable.
Last edited by FatalBulletHit on Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
FatalBulletHit
beginner

[OUTDATED] Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege - Audio Extractor

Post by FatalBulletHit »

FatalBulletHit wrote:As it took me quite a time to extract and convert all audio files properly I wrote a batch script which does every step completley automated.

All scripts are included in the archive down below (of course with sources in the ReadMe.txt), QuickBMS and ww2ogg are downloaded automatically, paths can be changed if necessary and you may choose which file formats to extract/convert and/or delete, too.

EDIT

The batch only solution is no longer available as it is outdated, but you can click here for the latest version of the PowerShell based Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Audio Extractor.
Last edited by FatalBulletHit on Thu May 14, 2020 2:54 pm, edited 22 times in total.
agm114d
ultra-n00b

Post by agm114d »

Hello guys, as I have found, all the weapons sounds(the most exciting part) are contained in bnk files.

How ever, I used quick bms code, and different versions of bnkextr.exe, the output are some strange files with different suffix (wem ,wav).

The extracted files can not be played, or converted using ww2oggg or ww_apdcm.

I upload one of the files extracted from a bnk file (which is BenelliM3 Shotgun sound by the name of extracted files). Can anyone find a tool to convert them?
agm114d
ultra-n00b

Post by agm114d »

FatalBulletHit wrote:As it took me quite a time to extract and convert all audio files properly I wrote a batch script which does every step completley automated.

All scripts are included in the archive down below (of course with sources in the ReadMe.txt), QuickBMS and ww2ogg are downloaded automatically, paths can be changed if necessary and you may choose which file formats to extract/convert and/or delete, too.

Thx for the work. However I have to point out that you missed the bnk file, which contains all the weapons sounds.
FatalBulletHit
beginner

Post by FatalBulletHit »

agm114d wrote:Thx for the work. However I have to point out that you missed the bnk file, which contains all the weapons sounds.
Very true indeed, am busy with another project as of now, but if there is demand I may as well just finish this beforehand over the weekend. Will post another reply when the update version is finished and uploaded. :)