Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

F.E.A.R Online models (+attach file, can't open .mdl&.tex)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
banlu
n00b

F.E.A.R Online models (+attach file, can't open .mdl&.tex)

Post by banlu »

hello, i have files from F.E.A.R Online , the files are in ".arch01" and i used Arch Extractor(Fear 2 tool) to extract them and got .mesh, .mdl, .tex files for each models

but the problem is i can't use programs(that support .mdl) including Noesis to open\view these .mdl at all (i get error or crash on them), i would like to ask if anyone know how to open these files

here is 1 of the models from the game , i have no idea what model is this since i can't open it
mega:///#!IBsCDBKL!lS5R5fCfEFrWZoV5tlFSqLW8F_OkNEfSDfaMmgKn5Fk

thank you
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: F.E.A.R Online models (+attach file, can't open .mdl&.te

Post by zaramot »

.tex files are .dds files just delete first 12 bytes and any tool for .dds images will open them (just rename .tex to .dds) .mdl is skeleton and .mesh is actual model. If no one is working on this already, I'll make a maxscript for model import
http://s8.hostingkartinok.com/uploads/i ... f7c1e9.jpg
Making model-import scripts, PM
banlu
n00b

Post by banlu »

zaramot ....

THANK YOU SO MUCHHHHH <333

i made a thread at facepunch first but people directed me here because it seems like nobody there has managed to open FEAR mesh before because it's hard to do it, this would be perfect for people who would love to work with FEAR 2 \ FEAR Online models

thank you sir!
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Stuff is going pretty well, can you send me more models? Characters, no textures if it's not hard :)

banlu
n00b

Post by banlu »

mesh only yes? okay give me sometimes, i will extract and upload them, lucky that they arn't so big

you are superb!
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

.mdl files (skeleton) would be nice too. I'm implementing rig support (bones+weights), because who wants static models, right? :)

banlu
n00b

Post by banlu »

thank you so much zaramot,i wish i could give you something in return for doing all these,i have a lot of models(mostly games,mmd) i've been collecting and some ripped myself in case you are looking for any specific ones

and here is the models i would like first , i would upload more but i don't really want to disturb you much so i picked just some
https://mega.nz/#!FANj2Zbb!WuFssbvPiq_L ... xb8qSMDfnc

there are 3 male and 4 female characters ,6.3mb overall , hope its not too much ^^

thank you again!!!! :D

ps. if you see any models you would like in fear online, i will be happy to look for it and send right away!
from here for example:
http://fear.wikia.com/wiki/Category:F.E ... characters
ps2. if you don't have much time, its ok for the rigging part, i feel bad enough to have you work on the model alone xD
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Hi guys! Here's maxscript to import F.E.A.R Online PC models with bones+weights (3ds max 2009-2014). Script is "fresh" lol, so feel free to test it and send bug-reports here!

Last edited by zaramot on Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
banlu
n00b

Post by banlu »

it works flawlessly! i can open it just fine with your work on rig, also exported as .obj and open in blender perfectly fine as well

thank you so very much Zaramot! i'm gonna post this back in my thread on facepunch just in case, wish i could do something for you man, as i said, if you need anything you can pm me anytime!!!
DXFan619
beginner

Post by DXFan619 »

Here to report some bugs.

For me, this script only seems to work with models that banlu uploaded as test samples. Any other model I attempt, and the script hangs and Max crashes. I've tested it with Max 10 and Max 13. At first, I thought this was a problem with the way that I extracted the models. I initially used Dragon UnPACKER for the .arch01 files. But that wasn't it. I then extracted it with the Archextractor, and most models still didn't work. I tried it with "Assassin," which was included in the sample files, and it worked, but it wouldn't with anything else.

Even stranger, I was able to import a head mesh from one of the models not included in the test files, but none of the rest of the body.

On a positive note, this script works with FEAR 2 models. The Assassin model is from that game. This script could also potentially work with Condemned 2: Bloodshot models as well. I think they're the same file type, running on the same version of the same engine.
banlu
n00b

Post by banlu »

mmm yes, the 7 models in the "picked.rar" work perfectly fine but now that Dxfan619 mentioned it, i have tried other models and 3dsmax freeze on importing those as well

but its awesome though those 7 models were my most wanted <3
DXFan619
beginner

Post by DXFan619 »

banlu wrote:mmm yes, the 7 models in the "picked.rar" work perfectly fine but now that Dxfan619 mentioned it, i have tried other models and 3dsmax freeze on importing those as well

but its awesome though those 7 models were my most wanted <3
Good to know it wasn't only me, haha.

I'm pretty interested in what I found in some of the Alma files. Two different textures for Alma models that aren't in either FEAR game. Caught my eye very quickly.

But it really is very good that there's progress on this. Back in 09', and 2010, this format wasn't extractable at all.
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Feel free to post here (or maybe better in PM?) files which doesn't work. Also, you can send FEAR 2 models, I will try to make script compatible or separate script for this game too. It's a common thing for a MMO to have a lot of file variations, some tiny differences but they means a lot during import
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Updated script, should import more models.

EDIT: Tiny fix with Alma model
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DXFan619
beginner

Post by DXFan619 »

zaramot wrote:Updated script, should import more models.

EDIT: Tiny fix with Alma model
Updated script has worked flawlessly so far, very big thanks. Will try this out on Condemned 2 models as soon as I can and report back.