Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

[Mac OS X, Windows] Riveal

General game file tools that are useful for more than one game
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: [Mac OS X, Windows] Riveal

Post by Mirrorman95 »

Is there a converter? If not, can a modern Mac actually view them, or are they broken?
BBSFM and KH2FM+ saves are compatible with KH2.5. viewtopic.php?t=13424
RonHayter
beginner

Post by RonHayter »

Mirrorman95 wrote:Is there a converter?
On Windows? Not that I know of.
Mirrorman95 wrote:If not, can a modern Mac actually view them, or are they broken?
QuickLook in the current Mac OS X Finder works fine. (Select a file and press the spacebar.)

The only app I have that can view and convert PICTs is GraphicConverter.
RonHayter
beginner

Post by RonHayter »

I updated the first post again for Riveal 10.4.2, now hosted on my new website.

Ron
RonHayter
beginner

Post by RonHayter »

Updated again for Riveal 10.5.

Ron
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

I recently used Riveal to extract the sounds and textures from realMyst iPad, which worked so well I tried it with another iPad app made with Unity, The World Ends With You -Solo Remix-. This too was a success, except that for many of the resource-assets images, they were purple with a yellow background, perhaps because the program interpreted them as three-color images, rather than four-color images. It did not understand that the fourth color was transparency, so it shifted the pallet in an erroneous way such that it showed yellow in the areas in which the images were supposed to be transparent, or at least that's my theory. Is there any way to amend this error, or is it of no consequence because it is not a Cyan game? I only ask because Riveal 10.5.1 is the only program I know that can extract resources from Unity iOS apps.

Here are example images:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mirro ... _rdm_f.png
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mirro ... splash.png
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mirro ... t_text.png

The last two images are from Unity's default resources, which were also in realMyst.
RonHayter
beginner

Post by RonHayter »

You have discovered an unannounced feature. :)

I haven't tested Riveal much with apps other than Cyan's, so I'm not surprised that there is a problem with one of the 10 or so texture formats Unity iOS apps use. It also looks like different apps have different versions of Unity's default resources.

We should take this tech support incident to e-mail. I'm a guest here on XeNTaX and I think this forum is meant for announcements. Please contact me. I will post an update here when I've fixed the problem.

Ron
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

RonHayter wrote:You have discovered an unannounced feature. :)

I haven't tested Riveal much with apps other than Cyan's, so I'm not surprised that there is a problem with one of the 10 or so texture formats Unity iOS apps use. It also looks like different apps have different versions of Unity's default resources.

We should take this tech support incident to e-mail. I'm a guest here on XeNTaX and I think this forum is meant for announcements. Please contact me. I will post an update here when I've fixed the problem.

Ron
I have sent you a message at that contact link, and hope you can respond soon. I didn't know this feature was unannounced, but I'm glad you're taking the time to look at the problem I am describing.
RonHayter
beginner

Post by RonHayter »

Version 10.5.2 of Riveal fixes the problem found by Mirrorman95. Thanks for your help!

Ron
RonHayter
beginner

Post by RonHayter »

I've updated the initial post for the release of Riveal 11.0.

Ron
RonHayter
beginner

Post by RonHayter »

I've updated the first post again for Riveal 11.1.

Ron
Staminaboy
ultra-n00b

Post by Staminaboy »

Sadly, it appears that Ron Hayter passed away earlier this year.

I'm reaching out to see if anyone possibly still has access to the PC version of Riveal. The Mac version appears to live on in several iterations, but all links that I have been able to find to the PC version go to the creator's page, which is now lost. Any help to those looking now or in the future would be greatly appreciated.
F119
ultra-n00b

Post by F119 »

Staminaboy wrote:Sadly, it appears that Ron Hayter passed away earlier this year.

I'm reaching out to see if anyone possibly still has access to the PC version of Riveal. The Mac version appears to live on in several iterations, but all links that I have been able to find to the PC version go to the creator's page, which is now lost. Any help to those looking now or in the future would be greatly appreciated.
I used to have the windows version but unfortunately I deleted it after some clean up of the older game version.
Now I'm forced to work in Mac which causes me some trouble...
Moleculor
ultra-n00b

Post by Moleculor »

I just so happen to have a copy of Riveal 10.5.2 for PC sitting on my machine that I downloaded back in March 2013. (Hurrah! My hoarding ways are useful!)

The dates on the program itself appears to be September 2012.

I suspect this isn't the latest version released, but it might help?

I just need a place to put the file. I don't have a file host.
Otto Grainer
ultra-n00b

Post by Otto Grainer »

Hey Moleculor, I just signed up now to try and encourage you to upload your version if you still can. It would really help me out with inspecting the sound effects in Dishonoured and other Unreal games. I'm an avid sound designer and even do foley work for animation series, but I just love unique sci-fi noises in games generally, so I'd definitely appreciate it. I know that 4shared, MediaFire, Mega and Dropbox all allow free file hosting, though I think they all require a registration. Let me know if you ever get a chance anyway, I cannot find a working link to this application either.
Staminaboy wrote:Sadly, it appears that Ron Hayter passed away earlier this year.
Oh man, really? How did you find out? That sucks a lot, he was such a cool guy to create the program and even visit here for so many years updating us on the post. It's a bugger that I only just discovered his work as well, wish I'd known about it in 2009. And I agree, I'd be grateful to anybody who may still have a copy of Riveal available, it's just too useful to be left isolated.
KeyserSoze
ultra-n00b

Post by KeyserSoze »

Does anyone have a copy of the latest version that they can upload?

Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated,