Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by Acewell »

If you're looking for an easy way to find outfit sets, you will be disappointed.
Sometimes you get lucky and the set might have the character name in the filename like shae or thexen, but most of them have an alpha numeric outfit ID like a09 for example.
I usually start with an image of the outfit then i browse through the models, usually the helmet or chest piece first until i find something that looks the same and take note of the outfit ID. If the gr2 file has no name you can open it with a hex editor and look near the bottom for the outfit ID and follow the breadcrumbs to get the rest of the outfit. :)
Doctor Loboto
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Doctor Loboto »

So in your opinion which should I start with, like, folder wise?

Moreover...can you uh...give a tutorial of sorts for extraction, like what program to use for the .tor archives, an updated hashlist, and how to extract models properly? Apparently I've been doing it wrong.
KaosXIV
ultra-n00b

Post by KaosXIV »

Doctor Loboto wrote:Hey all, I've been perusing this thread regularly, searching for some help for my project. I want to extract the models and textures of the various 'forms' of Emperor Vitiate, starting with his most 'human' appearance. Can someone point me in the right direction, or let me know what files I should be looking for?
http://swtor.jedipedia.net/en/npc/the-emperor
http://swtor.jedipedia.net/en/npc/the-emperor-7
http://swtor.jedipedia.net/en/npc/vitiate-2
http://swtor.jedipedia.net/en/npc/vitiate

There's probably more there, but that should be what you want.
Doctor Loboto
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Doctor Loboto »

Awesome, that really helps!

Now sorry if this is an annoying question, but which is the most updated hash list?

Also, a download for EasyMYP 3.6? The past ones aren't working. I keep getting an exception error.
vertalius
n00b

Post by vertalius »

I'm certainly not an expert but you might get an error because Bioware changed the structure of the files since the patch 4.x as the new addon was released. Someone warned about this few post (or pages?) ago, so you have to find somewhere old client (version <4.x) while waiting for the new extractor, if someone will recompile it.
KaosXIV
ultra-n00b

Post by KaosXIV »

vertalius wrote:I'm certainly not an expert but you might get an error because Bioware changed the structure of the files since the patch 4.x as the new addon was released. Someone warned about this few post (or pages?) ago, so you have to find somewhere old client (version <4.x) while waiting for the new extractor, if someone will recompile it.
This is half true, the format of the Area files was changed, the models etc. remain the same.
I'm still able to extract everything like normal, but the area.dat files are now in a binary format.
Amzadi
ultra-n00b

Post by Amzadi »

Hi, long time lurker.

I have been wondering if anyone has found an easier way to find the likes of static and non character dynamic model names, other than looking through Noesis, one model at a time trying to guess what the name and directory might be from the node data?

So far I have not found anything like the index.xml files and it is driving me crazy at the moment.

Regards,
LordJypx
ultra-n00b

Post by LordJypx »

where to Download : EasyMYP?
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

Amzadi wrote:I have been wondering if anyone has found an easier way to find the likes of static and non character dynamic model names...
Nope, i wish there was. maybe one of the other guys posting in this thread will eventually share their name-finding tools but i won't get my hopes up. :(

just for kicks and practice with Hex2obj :D
veh_imp_walker_prototype_a01.gr2
SithAssassin
ultra-n00b

Post by SithAssassin »

Hey, I have been looking for ways to extract models from this game for a long time, could anyone give me a tutorial on how to find the gr2 files? I have extracted multiple .tor files, but none of them seem to contain any .gr2 files. Sorry for my ignorance concerning this topic.
Kualan
n00b

Post by Kualan »

I bought a new PC recently, and only just got around to trying to tinker around with SWTOR again. I redownloaded the EasyMYP files from this thread (the latest version) and the up-to-date hash file, but now every time I try to open a .tor file EasyMYP runs into an unhandled exception error? I can see from this thread that others have run into this issue in the past but the solution was never actually posted - anyone able to enlighten me? Hope you can help!
olli9000
advanced

Post by olli9000 »

Hi,
Iam searching the following model/ship/vehicle in the .tor files of swtor:

X-70B Phantom (Imperial Agent Ship)

I found this only as mini-model in swtor_main_art_vehicle_1.tor, but its a very low poly model.
Does someone find a high-poly version of this model or anybody knows, if there are many models not included in the standard download of the game??

Regards,
olli
barabelmaster
ultra-n00b

Post by barabelmaster »

Hey I have easy myp and can open .tor files but there are no models in my files, is there anyway to get them, I am trying to export alien heads as well as the hair models for humans in the game, how can I get models out?? Thank you
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

olli9000 wrote:Iam searching the following model/ship/vehicle in the .tor files of swtor:
Does someone find a high-poly version of this model ....
The higher poly player ships are in this folder after extraction
\resources\art\static\area\spc_space\playership

i don't remember which tor file they are stored in though :oops:

@barabelmaster
EasyMyp extracts everything from the tor file whether it is named or not, maybe check the unnamed files for gr2 extension?
barabelmaster
ultra-n00b

Post by barabelmaster »

AceWell wrote:
olli9000 wrote:Iam searching the following model/ship/vehicle in the .tor files of swtor:
Does someone find a high-poly version of this model ....
The higher poly player ships are in this folder after extraction
\resources\art\static\area\spc_space\playership

i don't remember which tor file they are stored in though :oops:

@barabelmaster
EasyMyp extracts everything from the tor file whether it is named or not, maybe check the unnamed files for gr2 extension?

Yeah I have extracted all the files and the only folders there are; are dds xml and text all with files of that format