Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Farphignougen
ultra-n00b

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Farphignougen »

After I grabbed that updated DLC Tool, it doesn't start for me anymore. I don't even get to the user permission prompt, and I wind up with three "DLC Tool.exe" processes in the Task Manager that can't be killed in Windows 7. Is it just me, or has anyone else had this happen?
hulkspidey
ultra-n00b

Post by hulkspidey »

Farphignougen wrote:After I grabbed that updated DLC Tool, it doesn't start for me anymore. I don't even get to the user permission prompt, and I wind up with three "DLC Tool.exe" processes in the Task Manager that can't be killed in Windows 7. Is it just me, or has anyone else had this happen?
I got the same issue but not all the time. Same case with the latest Archive Tool as well.
Farphignougen
ultra-n00b

Post by Farphignougen »

Archive Tool 1.2 works properly for me, but the updated DLC Tool 1.1 has never started.
sf234
advanced

Post by sf234 »

DLC Tool 1.1.2:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ec6hz31s15fof/5LRTools

Changes:
  • Since version 1.1 of DLC Tool if new DLC wasn't saved completely its target folder will be automatically deleted with all contents. This was implemented to prevent game from crashing (which happens when it tries to load incomplete DLC files). Such approach is rather unsafe - as was pointed out in bbspink's discussion. From now only ".bcm" file will be automatically deleted, which should be enough to prevent the game from crashing.
Farphignougen, hulkspidey
I can't replicate this. Tested on Win7 x64 with .NET 4.5.2 under user account and on WinXP SP3 with .NET 4 Client Profile in VirtualBox. Everything works fine.
The only major change that was made between these releases is that old ones was compiled with the Visual Studio 2010 SP1 and latest ones is compiled with the Visual Studio 2013 Update 5.
hulkspidey
ultra-n00b

Post by hulkspidey »

@sf234

Don't know why, but both Archive Tool and DLC Tool work fine now, no more stuck during launching. And it's same too for DLC Tool v1.1.2. Thank you.
Farphignougen
ultra-n00b

Post by Farphignougen »

I get the same result, but it's most likely something on my end, and version 1.0 works just fine.
Mimoji
ultra-n00b

Post by Mimoji »

Hi
I was soo busy in the last days.
so I was not see a new posts here.
I have a small problem!

in DOA5U, I downloaded the game for X360 and using Xbox Backup Creator to extract (lnk and bin), and extract (tmc tmcl).
About DLC, I was download Jtag files and extract (bin, lnk) from it.

But now, I'm confused. I want to extract (bin, lnk) from DOA5LR, but I don't know how.
And what are programs should I use to do it. Also for DLC, whare can I download it to extract (bin, lnk)

I have seen many people ported DOA5LR DLC costumes!!

Can anyone help me please.
sf234
advanced

Post by sf234 »

Updated fil5lr.dat and costume slots info:

Farphignougen
You can check if there is something in Application/System event logs with Event Viewer.

hulkspidey
I didn't made any changes, so your problem can reappear any time I guess. It's quite strange in the first place that program works sometimes.

Mimoji
If you mean xbox's 5LR, use doa5Uarchivarius18 with this doa5Uarchivarius.dat. Note, that it doesn't support few latest DLCs.
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

BodyShop Toolkit Update

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6w34s ... itV3.0.zip

What's New:
OptionReactor: Built this a while back per request, it will add an item in the nodecp and add a toggle-able option. This doesn't fully help add new ObjGeo blocks or automatically make the item optional, BUT if a costume already has an ObjGeo that you want to toggle, you can point it to the new option added by this util. I'll have to explain better later.

MeshInjectorAdvanced replaces MeshInjectorDual: I've done a few tests and it 'seems' stable. It can now inject xbox/demo/ng meshes into PC. I had to do some extra rebuilding, but if you find issues please let me know. I get less time to fully test / mod these days.

Misc: Added DataBlock, TMC, TMCUtility files. I apologize for the surplus files right now. My coding methods are improving, but I don't have the time to completely clean everything up. I've updated some stuff to pave the way for ObjGeo injection, so some of these will help with that and made the Xbox > PC happen.

@sf234 Thanks for the update. Good timing because I didn't know what the new method was without using the BLP Converter. XD

@Mimoji If you're trying to get the core game files you may need to use a 360 utility to get the ISO, if you're only working with the DLC files then you can use an app like Horizon. I've heard LeFluffie works similar as well.
hulkspidey
ultra-n00b

Post by hulkspidey »

@sf234
I notice in recent version of Archive Tool you don't include the file "dinput8.dll" anymore, does it mean that we don't need it anymore or you simply forget to include the file?

EDIT: Nvm about this, as immi has released his lnk_reshuffle-v4.
Last edited by hulkspidey on Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cghde
ultra-n00b

Post by Cghde »

navmesh
beginner

Post by navmesh »

Doutoku's tmc object tool https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9zi2gt8dyllaj/doa5mod can toggle object groups to be hidden/visible ,but it can't toggle a specific object
For example all objects with the name WGT_Body_xx will be toggleable , but you can't make only WGT_Body_01 toggleable
Is it possible to add/clone an object group (like Protocol X27's tool which allow us to clone meshslot to TMC) and inject the meshslot -that we want to make it toggleable- into that group, so that we can toggle any mesh we want ?
Last edited by navmesh on Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
navmesh
beginner

Post by navmesh »

sf234 wrote:Texture Tool 1.3:

Changes:
  • Textures now can be inserted in H/HL files.
I have a problem when swapping texture in .--H files ,the texture i use to swap is the texture i extract from that .--H file itself
(CHRISTIE_COS_003_001.--H)
sf234
advanced

Post by sf234 »

Updated costume slots info:

Protocol X27
BLP Converter is already deprecated.

hulkspidey
I just forgot to add dlls.
They are now included, together with updated file5lr.dat.

navmesh
I'll look into this, although don't know when.
navmesh
beginner

Post by navmesh »

Thank you very much sf234