Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Jax765
n00b

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by Jax765 »

DefaultMan wrote:
Jax765 wrote:
DefaultMan wrote:It sure is, made some edits to the MGS3 Fatigues the other night. You need to extract the .ftex and .1.ftexs in the DLC outfit PFTXS (check my post a few pages back for those) and get the .2.ftexs and .3.ftexs from 01.dat and it should extract fine.
Do you know which files correspond to the Boss' sneaking suit?
Just did a quick unpack myself seems to be 1baf5bc564092.ftex /187c943a881ed.ftex & 2e2f8c615698a.ftex / 3e3de5e92e3b.ftex depends on which version of the outfit you wanted retextured
Thanks. So what's the correct workflow? Drag ftex file onto ftex tool, edit dds, save as dxt1, drag back onto the tool, then place the ftex file where it needs to go?
atvaark
advanced

Post by atvaark »

Jax765 wrote:
DefaultMan wrote:
Jax765 wrote: Do you know which files correspond to the Boss' sneaking suit?
Just did a quick unpack myself seems to be 1baf5bc564092.ftex /187c943a881ed.ftex & 2e2f8c615698a.ftex / 3e3de5e92e3b.ftex depends on which version of the outfit you wanted retextured
Thanks. So what's the correct workflow? Drag ftex file onto ftex tool, edit dds, save as dxt1, drag back onto the tool, then place the ftex file where it needs to go?
1. Find the ftex and all ftexs files of the texture you want to edit.
2. Drag the ftex file on the ftex tool or use the tool via command line to specify different options.
3. Edit the texture and save it as dxt5 if it has an alpha layer; else dxt1.
4. Drag the dds to the ftex tool or use the command line.
5. Replace the ftex and ftexs files in the pftxs files (add the pftxs to 00.dat) and add the ftex and ftexs filea to 01.dat.
The pftxs part can probably be skipped if you replace the pftxs archive with an empty one and add them to 00.dat.
Jax765
n00b

Post by Jax765 »

atvaark wrote:
Jax765 wrote:
DefaultMan wrote:Just did a quick unpack myself seems to be 1baf5bc564092.ftex /187c943a881ed.ftex & 2e2f8c615698a.ftex / 3e3de5e92e3b.ftex depends on which version of the outfit you wanted retextured
1. Find the ftex and all ftexs files of the texture you want to edit.
2. Drag the ftex file on the ftex tool or use the tool via command line to specify different options.
3. Edit the texture and save it as dxt5 if it has an alpha layer; else dxt1.
4. Drag the dds to the ftex tool or use the command line.
5. Replace the ftex and ftexs files in the pftxs files (add the pftxs to 00.dat) and add the ftex and ftexs filea to 01.dat.
The pftxs part can probably be skipped if you replace the pftxs archive with an empty one and add them to 00.dat.
Recoloured the suit, this was the result. What would likely be the reason?

DefaultMan
beginner

Post by DefaultMan »

Jax765 wrote:Thanks. So what's the correct workflow? Drag ftex file onto ftex tool, edit dds, save as dxt1, drag back onto the tool, then place the ftex file where it needs to go?
Pretty much, I will outline how I go through how I go about it though.
-Extract .pftxs with gzstool
-Extract Texture from ftex file (i got all extracted already so i tend to use this to find the texture im after based on the contents of a .pftxs)
-Move to working folder with Ftextool
-Make edits, save as DXT1 or DXT5 if texture has alpha
-Open up command prompt, ftextool -f 1 {texture}.dds (makes sure it only creates one .ftexs file, only recommended for player outfits since it gets rid of mip-maps otherwise -f should be how many .ftexs there are)
-Put .ftex and .1.ftexs into pftxs, if .2.ftexs and above were also made put them in the appropriate texture archive as the pftxs only contains the .1.ftexs
-repack pftxs and place where it came from
-rebuild archives

And then everything should be all good. If you have any troubles feel free to ask, I might put up a video tutorial up sometime since it is a bit confusing at first.

Edit
Jax765 wrote: Recoloured the suit, this was the result. What would likely be the reason?
Looks as though something was named wrong or there is some kind of possible conflict with the .pftxs, had something similar on my first attempt
Jax765
n00b

Post by Jax765 »

DefaultMan wrote:
Jax765 wrote:Thanks. So what's the correct workflow? Drag ftex file onto ftex tool, edit dds, save as dxt1, drag back onto the tool, then place the ftex file where it needs to go?
Pretty much, I will outline how I go through how I go about it though.
-Extract Texture from ftex file (i got all extracted already so i tend to use this to find the texture im after based on the contents of a .pftxs)
-Open up command prompt, ftextool -f 1 {texture}.dds (makes sure it only creates one .ftexs file, only recommended for player outfits since it gets rid of mip-maps otherwise -f should be how many .ftexs there are)
-Put .ftex and .1.ftexs into pftxs, if .2.ftexs and above were also made put them in the appropriate texture archive as the pftxs only contains the .1.ftexs
-rebuild archives

And then everything should be all good. If you have any troubles feel free to ask, I might put up a video tutorial up sometime since it is a bit confusing at first.

Edit
Jax765 wrote: Recoloured the suit, this was the result. What would likely be the reason?
Looks as though something was named wrong or there is some kind of possible conflict with the .pftxs, had something similar on my first attempt
How do you get the command prompt to work? Whether I open it normally or via administrator, it just closes immediately.
atvaark
advanced

Post by atvaark »

Jax765 wrote:
DefaultMan wrote: Pretty much, I will outline how I go through how I go about it though.
-rebuild archives

Edit
How do you get the command prompt to work? Whether I open it normally or via administrator, it just closes immediately.
Your command prompt works just like it is supposed to work. If you execute a command line application from the windows explorer it will open a console, execute the application and close the console once the application is finished.
If you want it to stay open you have to first open a console/command prompt (e.g. cmd.exe) and then execute the application in it.
Jax765
n00b

Post by Jax765 »

atvaark wrote:If you want it to stay open you have to first open a console/command prompt (e.g. cmd.exe) and then execute the application in it.
What would I put in the command prompt? The path to the tool on my system is: D:\Mods & Backups\Mods\Metal Gear Solid V Mods\Tools\FtexTool
Topher
n00b

Post by Topher »

Hey guys,

I'm working on a mod manager for MGSV (https://github.com/topher-au/SnakeBite) and an idea was put to me to add the option for users to choose which model will be replaced when installing a model swap mod. Great idea, but I need a little help.

Some model swaps work alright, but others seem to not install correctly, so it seems to me it's not just a matter of changing the FPK filename. If anyone has any info on what I need to do to correctly insert these mods for the end user it'd be a great help if you can get in touch.

You can contact me via PM here or email [email protected]

Thanks in advance
Jax765 wrote:
atvaark wrote:If you want it to stay open you have to first open a console/command prompt (e.g. cmd.exe) and then execute the application in it.
What would I put in the command prompt? The path to the tool on my system is: D:\Mods & Backups\Mods\Metal Gear Solid V Mods\Tools\FtexTool
OK it's pretty obvious you don't have any idea how to use the command prompt so I'll try and help you understand the steps

First type

Code: Select all

D:
this will switch to your D: drive and the prompt will change accordingly (it will probably say D:\>)

Next type

cd "Mods & Backups\Mods\Metal Gear Solid V Mods\Tools\FtexTool"
This will Change Directory to the aforementioned directory (you still need to do the above drive change seperately every time you open cmd prompt)

Then type

FtexTool.exe parameters
you should see the output from FtexTool and hopefully that will solve your problem
Last edited by Gh0stBlade on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post merge.
atvaark
advanced

Post by atvaark »

Jax765 wrote:
Let's say your path is now called FTEX_PATH. Open the command prompt by pressing WinKey+R, entering cmd and pressing enter.
Now either write '"FTEX_PATH\ftextool"' (to execute it) or navigate to it by entering 'd:' followed by 'cd "FTEX_PATH"' and then 'ftextool'.
Mind the quotes around your path. They are necessary because it contains a space in it.

You can also open the command prompt in windows explorer via the context menu by holding shift and right clicking while you are in the FTEX_PATH folder.

Then just follow the help message that gets displayed when running the tool without arguments.
Jax765
n00b

Post by Jax765 »

Topher wrote:
Jax765 wrote:
OK it's pretty obvious you don't have any idea how to use the command prompt so I'll try and help you understand the steps

First type

D:
this will switch to your D: drive and the prompt will change accordingly (it will probably say D:\>)

Next type

cd "Mods & Backups\Mods\Metal Gear Solid V Mods\Tools\FtexTool"
This will Change Directory to the aforementioned directory (you still need to do the above drive change seperately every time you open cmd prompt)

Then type

FtexTool.exe parameters
you should see the output from FtexTool and hopefully that will solve your problem
No shit, that's why I asked. Thanks anyway for the help.

EDIT: It says "File/directory parameters not found".

EDIT2: Figured it out. Just did a quick and dirty edit in Photoshop to test.

Jax765
n00b

Post by Jax765 »

Does anyone know where to find the spec map for The Boss' outfit? Darkening the bump map helps out a bit, but the shiny parts of the suit are still there.

XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc »

Is thread kill? "No"
TruckerHatRyan
n00b

Post by TruckerHatRyan »

Does anyone know the location of a MSF soldier body model with no head and with gloves?

I am aware of mis_com_dd_soldier_gz.fpk in chunk0\Assets\tpp\pack\mission2\common which is the MSF med fatigue w/o a head but unfortunately it does not have gloves (have been able to add gloves using the rocket slots, but hoping to find a model without that limitation).

I am also aware of svs0_dds0_v00.fpk in chunk1\Assets\tpp\pack\fova\chara\svs\ which is the Wandeirng MSF soldier with balaclava and headphones and gloves that someone was kind enough to point me toward but even with nulling out the undesired parts via hex edit it won't quite work for my purposes (basically results in neck seam issues which can be resolved but with the added downside of first person issues).

There is also a head fmdl someone sent me with MSF soldier balaclava, face and headphones called dds0_eqhd0_cov.fmdl but he was unsure which fpk it came from. With some luck that fmdl could be a part of an fpk with a MSF soldier model with no head and gloves, if anyone knows the location of it and can confirm either way please let me know that as well.

Alternatively, perhaps a model could be imported from GZ into TPP? I am not familiar enough with GZ at this point to know if such a model exists or if it would be possible.

I have created a mod that I've updated to nexus using the mis_com_dd_soldier_gz.fpk's MSF model with gloves added via rocket slots thanks to a suggestion from another modder: http://www.nexusmods.com/metalgearsolid ... w%3D&pUp=1

You can view the images there to get a better idea of the type of model I am searching for.

Thanks so much!
Tex
veteran

Post by Tex »

As a point of reference:
The latest patch 1.0.6.0 changed the override order of the patch archives.
So when the engine is looking for a file it loads first found in archive:
00.dat then 01.dat then original game archives.
HeartlessSeph
advanced

Post by HeartlessSeph »

Has anyone tried to figure out what exactly is determined in .frdv files? What is the purpose of them?