Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
XrayDoc
veteran

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by XrayDoc »

C R A W L I N G
I N
M Y
S K I N
T H E S E
W O U N D S
T H E Y
W I L L
N O T
H E A L
http://i.imgur.com/2jwITr3.png
DefaultMan
beginner

Post by DefaultMan »

macfifa wrote: i have found in snahead 4,5,6 1acb3cf52f0b8 ftex so i update it and it work very well
but in plparts_normal i have found 3a720198df87a which is (Venom Olive Drab) and in plparts_normal_scarf have found 3f510ca99a4d5 (Venom Tiger Stripe) so i change these two and update the files in texture0
this result that when Venom Tiger Stripe outfit is on the scarf works fine but in the other outfit (Venom Olive Drab),(Venom Desert Fox)
still have the same problem as befor
Hmm, I haven't had much of a look into textures much yet, only recently started myself. Not sure where the Desert Fox camo texture would also be referenced from. I have a similar thing with some replacements of the photos in the ACC which revert back to normal during night sometimes.
I will try take a look and see if I can find anything.
Edit: Worked out the camos, they are in the same folder as the snahead files. Desert Fox is plfova_sna0_main1_c03
BloatheadSorcerer
n00b

Post by BloatheadSorcerer »

Hey everyone....I've read through the entire thread looking for a solution but failed.
When I unpack a snake related FPK (like plparts_battledress.fpk) there are only three model files not multiple files for arms, legs etc....
I tried messing with the FPK dictionary or adding the lines of the head,arms,legs etc.... but with no luck.
Can somebody help me?
atvaark
advanced

Post by atvaark »

macfifa wrote: i have found in snahead 4,5,6 1acb3cf52f0b8 ftex so i update it and it work very well
but in plparts_normal i have found 3a720198df87a which is (Venom Olive Drab) and in plparts_normal_scarf have found 3f510ca99a4d5 (Venom Tiger Stripe) so i change these two and update the files in texture0
this result that when Venom Tiger Stripe outfit is on the scarf works fine but in the other outfit (Venom Olive Drab),(Venom Desert Fox)
3a720198df87a.ftex and 3a720198df87a.1.ftexs is packed in the following archives:
  • mis_com_dd_soldier_gz.pftxs
    plfova_sna0_main1_c00.pftxs
    plparts_normal.pftxs
    s10010_d01.pftxs
    s10010_s09.pftxs
    s10280_d12.pftxs
macfifa
ultra-n00b

Post by macfifa »

atvaark wrote:
3a720198df87a.ftex and 3a720198df87a.1.ftexs is packed in the following archives:
    plparts_normal.pftxs
    s10010_d01.pftxs
    s10010_s09.pftxs
    s10280_d12.pftxs
thx now every outfit works fine i will try to put the mod in nexusmods site
it is amazing atvaark and defaultman how you can locate the files so easy if you have the time give me the other outfits files in a pm or tell me how i can locate the files my self
atvaark
advanced

Post by atvaark »

macfifa wrote:
atvaark wrote:
    plparts_normal.pftxs
    s10010_d01.pftxs
    s10010_s09.pftxs
    s10280_d12.pftxs
thx now every outfit works fine i will try to put the mod in nexusmods site
it is amazing atvaark and defaultman how you can locate the files so easy if you have the time give me the other outfits files in a pm or tell me how i can locate the files my self
I just wrote an application that scans every .dat file and displays which archives reference the file I search.

The same can be done by unpacking every single dat/fpk/fpkd/pftxs archive and checking it manually.
LoveBox
ultra-n00b

Post by LoveBox »

Hey guys I jut edited the Naked Snake fatigues and I'm still a little new to the modding scene.
How do I get my edited .dds file back into an ftex and 3 ftexs files? I remember somebody saying you had to open the command prompt but it didn't seem to work after typing the command that was shown in the readme of the ftex tool.

I'm trying to make the Santa Claus camo for Snake, for now I just made the entire camo area red and hope the normals keep the detail of the pockets and stitching intact.
Once I can see how it looks I'll try and figure out what parts to add the white for the middle section and bottom part.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
macfifa
ultra-n00b

Post by macfifa »

hi
here is the mod on nexusmods.com
http://www.nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/156/?
mgspw
ultra-n00b

Post by mgspw »

Can someone please tell me where i can find "Big Boss head model" for MGSV TPP on PS3? trying to swap Venom's head.
stealthcl0wn
ultra-n00b

Post by stealthcl0wn »

mgspw wrote:Can someone please tell me where i can find "Big Boss head model" for MGSV TPP on PS3? trying to swap Venom's head.
You can't mod on PS3.
Solidcal
beginner

Post by Solidcal »

stealthcl0wn wrote:
mgspw wrote:Can someone please tell me where i can find "Big Boss head model" for MGSV TPP on PS3? trying to swap Venom's head.
You can't mod on PS3.
Actually you can. Redcode does it quite a lot. You just need a jailbroken ps3 and such to mess with stuff it would seem. That's how the people over at save mgo brought MGO2 back after all.
stealthcl0wn
ultra-n00b

Post by stealthcl0wn »

Solidcal wrote:
stealthcl0wn wrote:
You can't mod on PS3.
Actually you can. Redcode does it quite a lot. You just need a jailbroken ps3 and such to mess with stuff it would seem. That's how the people over at save mgo brought MGO2 back after all.
I meant this game specifically. At least, not yet.
mgspw
ultra-n00b

Post by mgspw »

u actually can mod on ps3... i managed to swap the GZ big boss and Solid Snake outfit
i wanna do the same for Big boss's head over Venom's.
ziso1987
ultra-n00b

Post by ziso1987 »

mgspw wrote:u actually can mod on ps3... i managed to swap the GZ big boss and Solid Snake outfit
i wanna do the same for Big boss's head over Venom's.
Where you find this file to swap the outfit?
I am searching too for the real Big Boss head swap.
DefaultMan
beginner

Post by DefaultMan »

atvaark wrote: I just wrote an application that scans every .dat file and displays which archives reference the file I search.

The same can be done by unpacking every single dat/fpk/fpkd/pftxs archive and checking it manually.
Any chance you could share the application, would save everyone a heap of time when looking through the files for the ridiculous amount of duplicate files the game uses.