Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Red Dead Redemption File Formats

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
reditec
n00b

Red Dead Redemption File Formats

Post by reditec »

Hey.
I managed to open the RPF archives of RDR.
The creator's statement of the tool I used is:
And for anyone wondering why a lot of the filenames are missing for RDR and MC this is due to names being stored as hashes instead of strings as in GTA IV Archives, this means its a lot harder to work out the original filename hence why a lot are just displaying an 8 character hash

But...
How to resolve this?
I need to understand the system. If I do it's no problem for me to fix all filenames.

Thank you guys!
If you need some screenshots, I can hand them over. I can also show you the source code and stuff like that :-)
RedEyeX32
ultra-n00b

Re: Red Dead Redemption File Formats

Post by RedEyeX32 »

There is really no way around it except if you find the hash algorithm and make some kind of database that contains the hash and string (filename), but there is no other way that I can think of in the moment.
reditec
n00b

Re: Red Dead Redemption File Formats

Post by reditec »

I'm in a good contact with some other modders like Alexander Blade and NTAuthority. They are helping me and I guess I'll be able to fix this issue soon.