Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Tex
veteran

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by Tex »

A rough writeup of stuff I've come across while wrestling with the lng2 files: http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Lng2_File_usage
atvaark
advanced

Post by atvaark »

HeartlessSeph wrote:To those using the Ftex tool, is anyone else having the game crash when using textures converted at 2048x2048? Even using the GZS tool to add the extra ftexs parts causes the game to crash regardless and it's becoming an annoyance.
I guess the game still tries to load the original file in your case. Please say which file you edited and attach your custom ftex files that cause the crash. Otherwise I can't really help you.
macfifa
ultra-n00b

Post by macfifa »

hi
i hope some one will help me where do i find venom bandana texture file i want to change it to make it look cool thx
DefaultMan
beginner

Post by DefaultMan »

macfifa wrote:hi
i hope some one will help me where do i find venom bandana texture file i want to change it to make it look cool thx
Just did a quick search seems to be 1acb3cf52f0b8.ftex in Texture0.dat. .pftxs for it appear to be chunk0\Assets\tpp\pack\player\fova\plfova_sna0_faceX_v00 (X = 4,5,6)
atvaark
advanced

Post by atvaark »

Tex wrote:A rough writeup of stuff I've come across while wrestling with the lng2 files: http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Lng2_File_usage
With v0.2.4 I added a dictionary to the LangTool, which can be filled with known LangIds. That way manually looking up the StrCode32s won't be necessary anymore once all ids have been found. (There are about 8000-9000 LangIds.)
maurocio
n00b

Post by maurocio »

First step to get custom music:

I hope soon I can write a tutorial for this.
Solidcal
beginner

Post by Solidcal »

maurocio wrote:First step to get custom music:

I hope soon I can write a tutorial for this.
But the game already has custom music enabled for it on the PC with the custom soundtrack folder in the game's directory. So by custom do you mean adding music in that should've been in the game already?
Tex
veteran

Post by Tex »

Nice, and I already was provisionally using LangId as the attribute name for my new lng2.xmls, just need to delete my old manually transcribed keys lol.
Thanks again atvaark.

Here's a short lang dict from the lua calls to announcelogviewlangid http://pastebin.com/h030Xa6d
Those left missing from tpp_announce_log lng2 would likely be called from in-engine (though a lua search for announce_ couldn't hurt), there's more to be pulled from the lua files, seaching for lang, langId, key_ and some cases of name could help, but I'm not geared up to pull stuff pragmatically, emoose, care to extend the dict project?

For my own project the limitations of the announcelog implementation in combining multiple localized strings is really getting me. Unless I'm missing something, it seems so just so silly and specific ie will allow langid, number but not number, langid. number, number, but not langid, langid where other localized strings used in other guis show these usages. At this current point it's not worth me shifting over to using localized strings because of this.

Anyway, updated the wiki page with the expanded usage of langtool.
macfifa
ultra-n00b

Post by macfifa »

i have done some texture change to desert fox out fit and the banbana (1bc07db9d9eb5 for desert fox and 1acb3cf52f0b8 for bandana)
but it seems that the game have a small version some where becouse it only showed up when zoomed in like the pictures
q2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DefaultMan
beginner

Post by DefaultMan »

macfifa wrote:i have done some texture change to desert fox out fit and the banbana (1bc07db9d9eb5 for desert fox and 1acb3cf52f0b8 for bandana)
but it seems that the game have a small version some where becouse it only showed up when zoomed in like the pictures
q2.jpg
Did you update the *.ftex and *.1.ftexs in the respective pftxs (snahead 4,5,6 & plparts_normal/scarf)? Same happened to me when I first tried changing my cardboard box posters, is pretty annoying
macfifa
ultra-n00b

Post by macfifa »

DefaultMan wrote:
macfifa wrote:i have done some texture change to desert fox out fit and the banbana (1bc07db9d9eb5 for desert fox and 1acb3cf52f0b8 for bandana)
q2.jpg
Did you update the *.ftex and *.1.ftexs in the respective pftxs (snahead 4,5,6 & plparts_normal/scarf)? Same happened to me when I first tried changing my cardboard box posters, is pretty annoying
No
where are (snahead 4,5,6 & plparts_normal/scarf) so i can update them? thx
DefaultMan
beginner

Post by DefaultMan »

macfifa wrote:
DefaultMan wrote:
q2.jpg
No.
where are (snahead 4,5,6 & plparts_normal/scarf) so i can update them? thx
chunk0\Assets\tpp\pack\player\fova for the heads
chunk0\Assets\tpp\pack\player\parts for the body
Need to use the gzstool to unpack the pftxs archives.
Tex
veteran

Post by Tex »

Trying to figure out if somethings wrong with the 1.0.4.4 patch or if it's just me.

It didn't actually download the update so had to use the steam betas/version selector, shows up at bottom of list, and selecting it gets it ok, the steam forums topic says it's the official release, yet switch back to 'betas off'/what should be main line release reverts back to 1.0.4.3

As for the actual patch about 20mb of files are actually removed from 00.dat. 1.0.4.1 had 172 files modified from base (many fpks, so possibly more actual), 1.0.4.4 has 42.
Is this a genuine reversion of those files to base or a mistake? Given that a lot of those files removed seem to be from the 'ui improvements' announced last patch it's odd.
macfifa
ultra-n00b

Post by macfifa »

Did you update the *.ftex and *.1.ftexs in the respective pftxs (snahead 4,5,6 & plparts_normal/scarf)? Same happened to me when I first tried changing my cardboard box posters, is pretty annoying[/quote]

No.
where are (snahead 4,5,6 & plparts_normal/scarf) so i can update them? thx[/quote]
chunk0\Assets\tpp\pack\player\fova for the heads
chunk0\Assets\tpp\pack\player\parts for the body
Need to use the gzstool to unpack the pftxs archives.[/quote]

i have found in snahead 4,5,6 1acb3cf52f0b8 ftex so i update it and it work very well
but in plparts_normal i have found 3a720198df87a which is (Venom Olive Drab) and in plparts_normal_scarf have found 3f510ca99a4d5 (Venom Tiger Stripe) so i change these two and update the files in texture0
this result that when Venom Tiger Stripe outfit is on the scarf works fine but in the other outfit (Venom Olive Drab),(Venom Desert Fox)
still have the same problem as befor
morbidslinky
beginner

Post by morbidslinky »

morbidslinky wrote:Hi, would anyone happen to know how I can access the textures for the new DLC? I'd like to try recoloring the boss's sneaking suit, if it's possible.
bump ;_; I still can't find it