Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
averykid
ultra-n00b

Re: Telltale Almost-All-In-One Model Importer

Post by averykid »

what can i do with this error? Happens with TFTBL Yvette & Springs!
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

ssringo wrote:I'm getting an error with a model from Tales from the Borderlands. I tried both episode 1 and 2 (in case something changed) and the same error pops up each time. The model is called "sk55_yvette". It's the only model that has this issue (of the 10 or so I've looked at). Here is a screen of the error that pops up after selecting the mesh and skeleton. Using Max2010

http://i.imgur.com/WefBDeZ.png?1

Edit: looks like the same issue that Cappu posted about with a different model on page 4. I can upload the mesh/skeleton if needed.
averykid wrote:Image
what can i do with this error? Happens with TFTBL Yvette & Springs!
Sorry for the wait, but both of these issues should now be fixed with the model-importing script (and both stemmed from the same problem of me being a dumb fart and forgetting to set up some arrays correctly). And I also added support for Minecraft: Story Mode... I know someone'd want those at least.

Speaking of, I've fixed the respective texture-extraction script since Telltale inexplicably changed some things around in the later episodes.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6m509o6ynr4zsgf

...I'm still looking into fixing the Jurassic Park / Law & Order: Legacies part of the importer, turns out there's more issues with that script than I thought...
mtmb
ultra-n00b

Post by mtmb »

everything works fine!
Vasquez has blocky face and same w/ Yvette's skirt, fixed via Vertex Weld.
thank you!!
btw some "detail" textures exporting all black, w/ almost invisible lines, in any way. For example "sk55_fiona_hatHair_detail"
is there a way to fix it somewhere in graphic editors?
thanks again!
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

mtmb wrote:btw some "detail" textures exporting all black, w/ almost invisible lines, in any way. For example "sk55_fiona_hatHair_detail"
is there a way to fix it somewhere in graphic editors?
thanks again!
Ah, for that, the lines are stored in the alpha channel for the detail texture. Just split that into a separate image and you should have something like this.
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

Just posting to say that I've almost gotten the model formatting down for the Back to the Future: The Game models... but only for the ones from the 30th Anniversary edition on the Xbox 360, since those are using a variation on the format used for Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones this time, and not the buggery format in the PC version that they also used for Wallace & Gromit, Tales of Monkey Island and Sam & Max Season 3. I still haven't figured those out yet.

Just need to figure out how the bone weights are stored, first, then I'll add support for that to the script set.

(EDIT: And I'm stuck. Even doing a direct comparison between the same model from both the PC and Xbox 360 models from Tales from the Borderlands side-by-side, I still can't tell how the bone weights are set up...)

Left section is for PC, right is for Xbox 360. 0x10-0x17 correspond to the bone weights on the PC version (short / 65535 = weight), but I can't figure out the 360 version's (0x0C-0x0F, I think, the bone IDs are right before 'em for both). If anyone can help me with that, I would really appreciate it!)

(EDIT 2: Shucks. So much for getting fully-functional support for that game done by October 21st. Outta time.)
tetTris11
ultra-n00b

Post by tetTris11 »

could I have a bit of help? i'm having a few problems with it, i'm trying to extract some of the poker night 2 models (mostly the portal 2 claptrap model/skin) the problems i'm getting is upon extracting 5_cpoker2_pc_txmesh i didn't get any .skl files, i'm also not entirely sure how to go about the textures, from looking through the thread there's supposedly meant to be a button at the bottom of the pop-up which isn't there for me, sorry i'm not very good at this sort of stuff :\
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

tetTris11 wrote:could I have a bit of help? i'm having a few problems with it, i'm trying to extract some of the poker night 2 models (mostly the portal 2 claptrap model/skin) the problems i'm getting is upon extracting 5_cpoker2_pc_txmesh i didn't get any .skl files, i'm also not entirely sure how to go about the textures, from looking through the thread there's supposedly meant to be a button at the bottom of the pop-up which isn't there for me, sorry i'm not very good at this sort of stuff :\
The .SKL files you're looking for are in 2_cpoker2_pc_data.ttarch, and don't worry about the old 3DS Max texture converter entirely since the QuickBMS script (Telltale_D3DTX_PN2_TWD_TWAU.bms) works better anyway, use that script on the .D3DTX files and it should convert them to .DDS.

...But now that you mention it, I actually had to go fix something with that script. Redownload before using it to import the models, I accidentally made the same mistake that I made with The Walking Dead Season 2's models earlier and didn't notice.
tetTris11
ultra-n00b

Post by tetTris11 »

RandomTBush wrote:
tetTris11 wrote:could I have a bit of help? i'm having a few problems with it, i'm trying to extract some of the poker night 2 models (mostly the portal 2 claptrap model/skin) the problems i'm getting is upon extracting 5_cpoker2_pc_txmesh i didn't get any .skl files, i'm also not entirely sure how to go about the textures, from looking through the thread there's supposedly meant to be a button at the bottom of the pop-up which isn't there for me, sorry i'm not very good at this sort of stuff :\
The .SKL files you're looking for are in 2_cpoker2_pc_data.ttarch, and don't worry about the old 3DS Max texture converter entirely since the QuickBMS script (Telltale_D3DTX_PN2_TWD_TWAU.bms) works better anyway, use that script on the .D3DTX files and it should convert them to .DDS.

...But now that you mention it, I actually had to go fix something with that script. Redownload before using it to import the models, I accidentally made the same mistake that I made with The Walking Dead Season 2's models earlier and didn't notice.
thanks, the only problem i'm getting now is quickbms doesn't like the .bms script, or it doesn't like the texture i'm not too sure, the error it spat out was:
Error: [myfseek] the offset 0xa2420315 in the file 0 can't be reached
Last script line before the error or that produced the error:
34 goto texnamelength 0 SEEK_CUR
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

tetTris11 wrote:
RandomTBush wrote:

thanks, the only problem i'm getting now is quickbms doesn't like the .bms script, or it doesn't like the texture i'm not too sure, the error it spat out was:
Error: [myfseek] the offset 0xa2420315 in the file 0 can't be reached
Last script line before the error or that produced the error:
34 goto texnamelength 0 SEEK_CUR
Send me the file and I'll take a look, perhaps it's got a different header compared to the ones I've got.

(EDIT: Actually, it was because I goofed with translating the script from MaxScript to QuickBMS, it's fixed now.)
Yhrite
ultra-n00b

Post by Yhrite »

All the "adv_" textures I try and convert from Tales from the Borderlands always seem to output like this
I wasn't sure if this is a type of texture that just can't be converted or if it might just be a bug with the .bms script?
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

No, that's correct. That's a lightmap texture, those would be used with the Layer 2 polygon groups for area models.
lyutor1945
beginner

Post by lyutor1945 »

Somebody please tell me how to get SKL and D3DMesh files?
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

lyutor1945 wrote:Somebody please tell me how to get SKL and D3DMesh files?
Already mentioned it a few times earlier. The D3DMesh and D3DTX files are in the archives with "txmesh" at the end, and the SKL files are in the archives that have "data" as the suffix. Use TTArchExt to extract 'em.
lyutor1945
beginner

Post by lyutor1945 »

RandomTBush wrote:
lyutor1945 wrote:Somebody please tell me how to get SKL and D3DMesh files?
Already mentioned it a few times earlier. The D3DMesh and D3DTX files are in the archives with "txmesh" at the end, and the SKL files are in the archives that have "data" as the suffix. Use TTArchExt to extract 'em.
Can you tell me a bit about how to do this and a link to a working extractor, if possible.
tetTris11
ultra-n00b

Post by tetTris11 »

ha! got it going now (forgot to mention earlier)
do you think you might have anything for Maya? i'm not a 3DsMAX user but i have it in case, directly exporting a model to a .FBX causes Maya to crash, iv tried this with both 2013 and 2012 versions of Maya, exporting the model into a .SMD and re-importing then exporting as a .FBX seems to work but it doesn't work for TFTBL models, when i export the model as the .SMD and re-import it the mesh doesn't show up, and exporting, re-importing and exporting again with other formats doesn't seem to work