Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Wangan Midnight [Need Help Reversing]

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Re: Wangan Midnight [Need Help Reversing]

Post by Mr.Mouse »

nfm
advanced

Post by nfm »

Mr.Mouse wrote:See post at our Facebook page :D
https://www.facebook.com/pages/XeNTaX/143458469022795
Cool, thanks admin, I thought for a moment that thread got locked or something... :]
drdoomslab
ultra-n00b

Post by drdoomslab »

Hi,

This track is very enjoyable. I'd just like to thank everyone who was involved getting the data and converting it. I've had grate fun driving round in the Mazda 787 and the Audi 90 GTO/GTO s1 in AC. I also enjoyed exploring all the roots, and sometimes flying off the end of the track, lol. Grate to see how big it is.

I'd like to ask what other sims/games are people planning on converting this to?

For the Assetto Corsa track version (and maybe others) i would suggest putting the start/fin line before the pit exit or between the pit entery and exit. As it it now, after the pit exit your lap time is counted as you cross the line after you exit the pits and get onto the timed track. And then another idear i had was to split the materials to new materials for the tunnels so you can control the lighting better on the tunnel areas. If they are on different materials (you can keep the textures and uvw mapping the same) you can lower the light property's in kseditor for these area's.

I would also like to ask where you might upload this to in the future as RD has taken down the links.
Thanks again. I look forward to updates.
Cheers.

DrDoomsLab.
nfm
advanced

Post by nfm »

drdoomslab wrote:Hi,
Hi, welcome.

You mean I should place the:
- AC_AB_START_R (placed before pit exit)
- AC_AB_START_L (placed before pit exit)
and
- AC_AB_FINISH_R (placed before entry)
- AC_AB_FINISH_L (placed before entry) ???
The timer is counting once you spawn in the PA/pit but resets once you get onto the C1 route. But the lap time does not get saved once you finish the race, I'm not sure why.

I would like to convert this map to some game that can do basic lighting, like Project C.A.R.S or GRID. Assetto Corsa only has 1 light source, the sun, and there's no way to make night tracks unless you hack up a pp filter but even if you do it looks like crap in the end. I think same goes for rFactor 2, it doesn't do lighting very well. I mean my 1998 Sega Dreamcast can do multiple lighting better.

I don't know if I will be able to upload future updates. I've been messing around and working on rev3:

- 2 buildings redone here, the gloss on the windows reflects light, the other building has brown texture applied, these are authentic textures btw

- here the water reflects now, and that one building has been redone

- horizon textures, (that building next to mt. fuji is new)

Some things that I would like to do in rev3:
- fix flicker on some building (this is due to z-fighting problem, 2 textures are on top of each other) (10% complete...)
- add reverberating sound effect in tunnels (this is possible and been done in other tracks)
- improve road texture (remove yellow hue and increase resolution)
- surround map with horizon (done)
- retexture main/known buildings next to the road (30% complete...)
- improve water (done)
- smooth out ramp pit/PA exit/entry (almost done)
- retexture PA (started...)
- attempt to fill in void of space with something, to get rid of grayness....
- Anything else? Suggestions?

Do you know how to mod Assetto Corsa, can work with UV coords in 3ds Max or have Photoshop skills? Message me, my steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008059006/, talk to me, motivate me, help me, make this better! Before I start working on something else :D
Berlik
ultra-n00b

Post by Berlik »

Hey I started working on this few months ago but couldn't spend much time on it, lately been putting allot of work on this track and just found out some of you have been working on it aswell. Anyways here's my screenshots... still work in progress.

Image Image Image Image Image
nfm
advanced

Post by nfm »

Berlik wrote:Hey I started working on this few months ago but couldn't spend much time on it, lately been putting allot of work on this track and just found out some of you have been working on it aswell. Anyways here's my screenshots... still work in progress.

Image Image Image Image Image
I like it man. Can you share the road texture with me? I'm going to send you my latest files (the rev3 in progress) so maybe you can apply some of your changes on top of mine. Feel free to reach out or chat. I posted changes to rev3 in last posts and my Steam id.
Berlik
ultra-n00b

Post by Berlik »

I have about 60+ hours in mine. I'll hit you up on steam.
mlfr
ultra-n00b

Post by mlfr »

can anyone explain to me why is it when i open c1 in 3ds that the objects have no textures? thanks
Takukun
advanced

Post by Takukun »

You guys... You literally made my dream come true. For the past five years I could only imagine taking my hands over the 3D model of Shutokou.

I'm not a programmer and don't have the skills but I would really love to do something like this with Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3 which has Osaka and Nagoya. Or with any other TXR game.

My respect!
mlfr wrote:can anyone explain to me why is it when i open c1 in 3ds that the objects have no textures? thanks
I think you must first extract the .XTD files to get the textures.
nfm
advanced

Post by nfm »

Takukun wrote:You guys... You literally made my dream come true.
thanks.

rev3 download here, https://mega.nz/#!fwEmTLBR!mQsk5odisFEg ... DFSI_Z4X1A
md5hash: d1526a9d1c7d16be5a1d97aadabbd2a8
lratafia
ultra-n00b

Post by lratafia »

Hi, what are the changes of rev 3? thanks
illking
ultra-n00b

Post by illking »

Anyone have all parts of full expressway 3d model textured? A friend of mines will like to model and add the Tokyo aqualine bridge with umihotaru parking area onto this masterpiece. The texturing process is daunting though.
nfm
advanced

Post by nfm »

illking wrote:Anyone have all parts of full expressway 3d model textured? A friend of mines will like to model and add the Tokyo aqualine bridge with umihotaru parking area onto this masterpiece. The texturing process is daunting though.
PMed you c1 download link.
kimdrummel
ultra-n00b

Post by kimdrummel »

Is there still any progress being made on this? Was thinking about this whole DMCA thing. I love this being ported to Assetto Corsa. I was dreaming about doing this for rFactor 1 back in the day but with the models from TXR 3.
nfm
advanced

Post by nfm »

kimdrummel wrote:Is there still any progress being made on this? Was thinking about this whole DMCA thing. I love this being ported to Assetto Corsa. I was dreaming about doing this for rFactor 1 back in the day but with the models from TXR 3.
I consider C1 map complete at this point. I have handed files to multiple people who have asked, I think they are playing around and trying to convert map to rFactor, you can search youtube for videos. The DMCA thing doesn't have that much impact, don't worry about it, the download link to rev3 is still here.

Main thing is the lack of a racing game that can do decent job with lighting in order to have a night map.