Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
DarknessValtier
beginner

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by DarknessValtier »

DefaultMan wrote:
Higus wrote:
DefaultMan wrote: Well this is interesting, I thought I'd do some more testing with this today and decided to load up Mission 21, as soon as the mission started the textures for the suit went to normal http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 620C0DFB9/, switching missions, returning to the menu all worked fine with the textures loading as normal, not exactly sure why the texture loading would be linked to the mission besides that is where the suit is used but even then you would expect the textures to load correctly when the model calls for them.
Which fmdl in which fpk is that guy? I think I may know what to do
Found it in chunk1, inside Assets\tpp\pack\fova\chara\pfs\pfs0_uniq0_v04.fpk the fmdl for it from there is Assets\tpp\chara\dnt\Scenes\dnt0_main0_def.fmdl
What!!!? who is this guy? O_o"
DefaultMan
beginner

Post by DefaultMan »

DarknessValtier wrote:What!!!? who is this guy? O_o"
Suit/Body is from the Dealer on Mission 21, rest is my Avatar with some part replacement mods I have been working on.
BakedCookie
ultra-n00b

Post by BakedCookie »

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before in the thread (I read most of the posts and couldn't find the answer) but how does one go about hiding the player mesh when going first person? From what I gather the .fmdl model I want to put in goes into \plparts_ddf_venom_fpk\Assets\tpp\chara\dds\Scenes and \plparts_ddf_venom_fpk\Assets\tpp\chara\sna\Scenes under different names, but at least one of those has to be modified right? I'm trying to understand what's happening by comparing existing model swaps with vanilla files but so far I don't see the pattern. I've also seen other swaps accomplish the same thing using the \tpp\pack\fova and \tpp\pack\player paths with the file sizes being significantly different. Would anyone offer a word of a advise on what I need to do?
Escapist
ultra-n00b

Post by Escapist »

BakedCookie wrote:Sorry if this has been asked/answered before in the thread (I read most of the posts and couldn't find the answer) but how does one go about hiding the player mesh when going first person? From what I gather the .fmdl model I want to put in goes into \plparts_ddf_venom_fpk\Assets\tpp\chara\dds\Scenes and \plparts_ddf_venom_fpk\Assets\tpp\chara\sna\Scenes under different names, but at least one of those has to be modified right? I'm trying to understand what's happening by comparing existing model swaps with vanilla files but so far I don't see the pattern. I've also seen other swaps accomplish the same thing using the \tpp\pack\fova and \tpp\pack\player paths with the file sizes being significantly different. Would anyone offer a word of a advise on what I need to do?
Replace VenomDDF's body with an invisible version of the model you want. You can do this through hex editing. Open your desired fmdl, highlight from the start of repeating pattern looking text to the end of the fmdl. Replace all with zeros. In Hxd (a hex editor), you'd highlight the pattern, right click, click fill selection, and press ok. Next replace the Venom DDF's headgear with an unedited version of the same model you want.
Locations: VenomDDF's Body -> chunk0\Assets\tpp\pack\player\parts\plparts_ddf_venom_fpk\Assets\tpp\chara\sna\Scenes\sna4_plyf0_def
VenomDDF's Headgear =>chunk0\Assets\tpp\pack\fova\common_source\chara\cm_head\face\cm_dds6_head_z_eye0_fpk\Assets\tpp\chara\dds\Scenes\dds6_head_z_cov
The picture shows an invisible default Quiet fmdl and an unedited one. Note how the highlighted text pattern (polygon info?) is less random looking than the un-highlighted text. I changed the charset to DOS to make it easier to see. There might be a better way to do it but this way is quick and easy. Hope this helps.

BakedCookie
ultra-n00b

Post by BakedCookie »

While I mess around with when to zero out the data (tried from 0x0008DD70 onwards) I have created something straight out of PT. What kinda bothers me a little is that when analyzing other swaps the hex tables differ in more places than just the end. Sometimes the beginning is a little different along with some different data in the middle. I'll try trial and error for now.

EDIT: Ah, the body glitch was just me forgetting to put the right fcnp and frdv files along with the model. Right now only the hair disappears with the face and body remaining as they were. Trial and error it is then.

EDIT 2: It works! After a dozen iterations going back and zeroing chunks off the end of the file I whittled down the model to the head and then finally to nothingness, leaving no bugs in first person view.

EDIT 3: I published this mod on the nexus, check it out if you'd like: http://www.nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/112/?
Last edited by BakedCookie on Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
CaptianKnuckles
n00b

Post by CaptianKnuckles »

Can anyone tell me where the Heavy Russian Soldier with the Welding Mask (ALTYN) Helmet is?
DefaultMan
beginner

Post by DefaultMan »

CaptianKnuckles wrote:Can anyone tell me where the Heavy Russian Soldier with the Welding Mask (ALTYN) Helmet is?
It should be in chunk1\Assets\tpp\pack\fova\chara\svs\sva0_main0_v00.fpk Welding Mask Helmet appears to be a separate model from the body
CaptianKnuckles
n00b

DefaultMan wrote:
CaptianKnuckles wrote:Can anyone tell me where the Heavy Russian Soldier with the Welding Mask (ALTYN) Helmet is?
It should be in chunk1\Assets\tpp\pack\fova\chara\svs\sva0_main0_v00.fpk Welding Mask Helmet appears to be a separate model from the body
Thanks man!

Edit: Don't wanna be a bother but could you also tell me where the old MSF Soldier is located? I tried ripping the MSF guy from Ground Zeroes and that works alright but his pupils are glitched to solid green for some reason so I'd like to have a go at TPP's MSF Soldier.

Also, where could I get the tool where people are viewing the .fmdl's?
DefaultMan
beginner

Post by DefaultMan »

CaptianKnuckles wrote: Edit: Don't wanna be a bother but could you also tell me where the old MSF Soldier is located? I tried ripping the MSF guy from Ground Zeroes and that works alright but his pupils are glitched to solid green for some reason so I'd like to have a go at TPP's MSF Soldier.

MSF Soldier should be chunk1\Assets\tpp\pack\fova\chara\svs\sva0_dds0_v00.fpk or chunk1\Assets\tpp\pack\fova\chara\pfs\pfs0_dds0_v00.fpk they both appear to be the same model
And im using the FMDL Maxscript to view the models found here https://github.com/Jayveerk/FMDL
CaptianKnuckles
n00b

DefaultMan wrote:
CaptianKnuckles wrote: Edit: Don't wanna be a bother but could you also tell me where the old MSF Soldier is located? I tried ripping the MSF guy from Ground Zeroes and that works alright but his pupils are glitched to solid green for some reason so I'd like to have a go at TPP's MSF Soldier.

MSF Soldier should be chunk1\Assets\tpp\pack\fova\chara\svs\sva0_dds0_v00.fpk or chunk1\Assets\tpp\pack\fova\chara\pfs\pfs0_dds0_v00.fpk they both appear to be the same model
And im using the FMDL Maxscript to view the models found here https://github.com/Jayveerk/FMDL
Thanks again man! Sadly I don't have the program for the .FMDL viewing, I'd assume 3DS Max?

Just checked the .fmdl in the pfs folder, he doesn't have eye balls when I equip him. I'll try the svs folder this time.
HeartlessSeph
advanced

Post by HeartlessSeph »

CaptianKnuckles wrote:
DefaultMan wrote:

Thanks again man! Sadly I don't have the program for the .FMDL viewing, I'd assume 3DS Max?

Just checked the .fmdl in the pfs folder, he doesn't have eye balls when I equip him. I'll try the svs folder this time.
Yeah, the program being used is 3DS Max. It would be cool if there was a noesis plugin for those who don't have it but for now those who don't have it are going to have to place each into the game to find out what it is.
CaptianKnuckles
n00b

Damn, that's rough. Also, checked the svs version of the MSF Soldier and this guy doesn't have eye balls either? Any fix possible?
HeartlessSeph
advanced

Post by HeartlessSeph »

CaptianKnuckles wrote:Damn, that's rough. Also, checked the svs version of the MSF Soldier and this guy doesn't have eye balls either? Any fix possible?
You mean the soldiers don't have eyes? I doubt there's a fix for that at the moment. The Diamond Dog soldiers get their eyes from the outfits they wear.
Solidcal
beginner

Post by Solidcal »

JRavens wrote:
Solidcal wrote:So I see people are talking about an update that made the .dats in the 0 folder a bit bigger. All they did was add in the dlc outfit icons textures. The actual dlc models are coming october the 20th as they were originally planned before they got leaked on xbox live.
Not to be rude, but you should examine those files before you speak with authority on them.

You may be correct about the model files coming, but FYI the 01.dat file contains more than just the UI icons (presumably it's the outfit textures as well) and 00.dat contains a plethora of patched replacement files that have absolutely nothing to do with the additional outfits so no they didn't just add a few UI icons.
I wasn't saying it like I had authority and knew what was there. I already knew about the lua files and such from what people have said so I didn't mention them. And I did look at the dat that contain the ftex texture files. I used the ftex tool to convert them to DDS and all of them that were converted just spat out the UI icons for the outfits. I literally saw and found nothing relating to the outfit textures which I was hoping for. I mean who know maybe it's just the models without the textures for the outfits for now. But yeah that is literally all I could find before I had to reinstall stuff due to a new pc.

On the topic of files though, does anyone know which chunk and fpk in the chunk contains the real Big Boss in the leather jacket with ocelot and the bike? I wanna see if I can use the methods people have shared to try and replace the real BB with the leather jacket bionic arm venom version. Cause in one of the early trailers they use the truth ending scene but instead of it being at day they do it at night and with Venom instead of Big Boss.
CaptianKnuckles
n00b

Might as well ask this since there's some activity still here, can anyone confirm which locations have soviet soldiers?
I need the soviet guy with a balaclava.