Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
odrin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by odrin »

XrayDoc wrote:Apparently Konami is checking how often files aren't verified for people and banning those people for modding. I don't know if this is true, but that's fucking insane if so.
oh wow that's probably true considering they rely on the grinding to sell their boosters and shit. and mods can easily swap their pdlc items with normal items.

sad part is, those using trainers in fob, if they hide it well, they still won't get detected since it bypasses file verification.

konami's a cuck/gimp
Poisonedmods
n00b

Post by Poisonedmods »

odrin wrote:
XrayDoc wrote:Apparently Konami is checking how often files aren't verified for people and banning those people for modding. I don't know if this is true, but that's fucking insane if so.
oh wow that's probably true considering they rely on the grinding to sell their boosters and shit. and mods can easily swap their pdlc items with normal items.

sad part is, those using trainers in fob, if they hide it well, they still won't get detected since it bypasses file verification.

konami's a cuck/gimp
Honestly dont care to much for FOB so ban hammer Me LOL.

Also curious anyone know of good ways to edit pftxs files without causing crashs?
Last edited by Gh0stBlade on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post merge.
XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc »

Poisonedmods wrote:
odrin wrote:

konami's a cuck/gimp
Honestly dont care to much for FOB so ban hammer Me LOL.
Lol I haven't went online in MGSV since the first week.
emoose
beginner

Post by emoose »

MGSV QAR Dictionary Project just got a big update, now naming 98.35% of files :D (excluding textures)

Thanks to everyone who's helped out so far :)
XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc »

emoose wrote:MGSV QAR Dictionary Project just got a big update, now naming 98.35% of files :D (excluding textures)

Awesome! Great work people who worked on it!
Topher
n00b

Post by Topher »

emoose wrote:MGSV QAR Dictionary Project just got a big update, now naming 98.35% of files :D (excluding textures)

Great work! Almost there!

On a side note: I'm trying to rebuild FPK files by generating XML data for GzsTool to use but the game doesn't accept them sometimes. I read somewhere that the files are stored in alphabetical order - is this necessary for the game to read them?
Higus
advanced

Post by Higus »

XrayDoc wrote:
Poisonedmods wrote:
JRavens wrote:PSA - the game updated on 10/6

00.dat ballooned up from 3.7 megs to 37 megs and now includes many updated LUA files from data1 so if you have a mod that uses lua files (like mine) extract 00.dat and double check the changes.

01.dat is now 24 megs of ftexs. Pretty sure this is all the missing graphics for the Tuxedo, MGS3 Sneaking Suit, Quiet's Boss suit and so forth. Still wondering when / how this is activated. I'm assuming the rumors about it being DLC you need to spend Motherbase Coins on is correct, but don't think it's been actually confirmed anywhere.

Now we need to figure out if it's easier to have the end user unpack and repack 01.dat, pack it ourselves (not recommended) or if there's any other way to hook in and add mods. Also do files in 01.dat override 00.dat? Not sure of the load order yet...
Well i managed to update my dlc and item unlocker mod through 00.dat but it seems like all other console dlcs there are no textures on PC and just crash the game Sadly sooooo
Thanks to you, I found out the new skins are already in the game yet they haven't been officially released yet. Thanks Konami. :^)
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 0DC88D33B/
You phrase it like the models/textures themselves are actually in the game. Any proof of that? (I've mass-searched all the qars for extra snake outfit IDs and found nothing, I really doubt the models themselves are in the game yet)
XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc »

They aren't, but the models are done so why don't they release them? They got out on Xbox early so they obviously work.
nudifyher
ultra-n00b

Post by nudifyher »

Still trying to edit Quiet's outfit, I can't get the modifications to show up though
http://i.imgur.com/9ux1rLT.png
I've used the DDS from these files http://i.imgur.com/JF0pIFD.png all of them have been edited same way as in first picture.
Care to help?
Tex
veteran

Post by Tex »

Topher wrote:On a side note: I'm trying to rebuild FPK files by generating XML data for GzsTool to use but the game doesn't accept them sometimes. I read somewhere that the files are stored in alphabetical order - is this necessary for the game to read them?
Likewise I've never had any luck with having the game use GzsTool built Qars, while those built by Qar Tool are fine. The fpks built by gzstool but put in Qars built by Qar tool work fine for me.
JRavens
beginner

Post by JRavens »

Is there a source on this?

If it's true it would suck for modders (but honestly it's kind of expected because K did a TERRIBLE job by not separating FOB away from the SP game. If MGO can have a separate file structure there's NO reason they couldn't have set the game up to use an FOB set:

\Tpp\
\FOB\
\MGO\

*sigh*

I found all the sp AND FOB health, regen, firing speed and other stuff and was HORRIFIED at not how easy it would be to modify, but also how it's fucking labeled for any kid to find and hack. I mean literally any 12yo with Notepad++ could hack this game. It's just shameful honestly. :(
Tex wrote:
Topher wrote:On a side note: I'm trying to rebuild FPK files by generating XML data for GzsTool to use but the game doesn't accept them sometimes. I read somewhere that the files are stored in alphabetical order - is this necessary for the game to read them?
Likewise I've never had any luck with having the game use GzsTool built Qars, while those built by Qar Tool are fine. The fpks built by gzstool but put in Qars built by Qar tool work fine for me.
Are you having trouble upacking any of the new FPKs from inside the 00.dat?

I was trying to update my real weapon names mod, but can't unpack the new 2c91cbff1005.fpk (maybe emoose has that file correctly named now LOL) which contains the language lng2 files with additional entries. Nothing I tried would work on it, but I've had weird "rights usage" problems with my win 8.1 machine in the past so wasn't sure if it was just me. I can unpack existing FPK files from the chunks though so... ??

PS - and yes I always have problems when trying to use repack files with GzsTool which Is a shame because I love Atvaarks tools and it unpacks fantastically. Not sure why that problem occurs when using it for repack...
Higus wrote:You phrase it like the models/textures themselves are actually in the game. Any proof of that? (I've mass-searched all the qars for extra snake outfit IDs and found nothing, I really doubt the models themselves are in the game yet)
Well that's unfortunate. I was hoping the model files were already in place and we were just waiting for 01.dat to drop with the textures (or that the models would be in 01.dat as well but all I see are ftexs in it and the UI icons)

So then maybe this IS a DLC thing (buy it and get 02.dat or DLC1.dat or whatever) :bleh:
Last edited by Gh0stBlade on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Triple post merge.
JRavens
beginner

Post by JRavens »

Tex wrote:
Are you having trouble upacking any of the new FPKs from inside the 00.dat?

I was trying to update my real weapon names mod, but can't unpack the new 2c91cbff1005.fpk (maybe emoose has that file correctly named now LOL) which contains the language lng2 files with additional entries. Nothing I tried would work on it, but I've had weird "rights usage" problems with my win 8.1 machine in the past so wasn't sure if it was just me. I can unpack existing FPK files from the chunks though so... ??

PS - and yes I always have problems when trying to use repack files with GzsTool which Is a shame because I love Atvaarks tools and it unpacks fantastically. Not sure why that problem occurs when using it for repack...
abuali
beginner

Post by abuali »

I wonder If i can modify the .sbp archives, it contains audio files "sfx,voices", I was able to extract their contents by Ravioli Game Tools v2.8, but it doesn't had the import option to modify the original ones.
alex61194
ultra-n00b

Post by alex61194 »

you did notice that with the dlc unlocker appears 2 skins to d-dog? miller and ocelot no textures for it so i cant see it in game http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 77A21B018/
bigbox
ultra-n00b

Post by bigbox »

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but this place seems to be pretty knowledgeable. After the latest update is it safe to use cheat engine for simple resource modding (adding more resources)? With the new update some pretty expensive research items were added and I don't want to spend too much time hunting for resources instead of playing the game.

Also how does Konami punish cheaters/modders anyway?