Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
atvaark
advanced

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by atvaark »

XrayDoc wrote:Anyone have an idea where the lua files for the camera are? I've tried looking through chunk0 and data1 but can't find the right file.
afgh_fort.fpkd in chunk2.
CameraAroundParams.lua
CameraSubjectiveParams.lua
CameraTpsParams.lua
TppTrapExecChangeCamera.lua

mafr_lab.fpkd,mafr_diamond.fpkd in chunk4.
DebugChangeCameraSitPreset.lua
XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc »

atvaark wrote:
XrayDoc wrote:Anyone have an idea where the lua files for the camera are? I've tried looking through chunk0 and data1 but can't find the right file.
CameraAroundParams.lua
CameraTpsParams.lua

Holy shit you are a godsend. Thank you, now I'm gonna try something.
XrayDoc wrote:
atvaark wrote:
CameraAroundParams.lua
CameraTpsParams.lua

Well shit, I can't decrypt the lua files no matter what I do. I'm not trying to code anything, I'm just trying to replace it with the FPS mod from GZ, but direct replacement doesn't work.

Edit: Ignore this
Last edited by Gh0stBlade on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post merge.
Topher
n00b

Post by Topher »

VenomRex wrote:I'm totally new to the modding community and I'd say you've done a great job, Topher. I've made a primitive batch script (before I knew someone would actually create a proper mod loader) to do automated unpacking, moving the .lua and repacking dat1 for my first published mod to ease the pain of confused users which can be found here: http://www.nexusmods.com/phantompain/mods/90/?
I'm yet to play around with the source code like a damn fiddle soon when I have time, but these questions made me wonder: How's the metadata within mod.xml file is generated? Through dat2mod alone? Is it possible for SnakeBite to modify certain properties within .lua files for different mods that utilize the same .lua files to avoid conflict? What about the possibility of SnakeBite to parse the .lua files so that users can adjust the game properties via the software interface (e.g amount of demon points acquired for killing a soldier, etc)?
I'd like to contribute to the development of this mod loader of yours, would be a great contribution to the modding community if it would be released as a finished tool.
Also, a more direct method to contact you beside PM would be much appreciated.
Cheers! :D
Consider the above code a proof-of-concept :P You're welcome to use and/or distribute it alongside your mods provided you are able to create the necessary .mgsv files yourself. Since it was just something I put together in a couple of hours, and there's clearly interest/a need for such a tool, I'm going to rewrite it to include better support for uninstalling mods, checking files, etc. Merging the LUA files is not a priority at the moment (it's on the wishlist) but I'd like to get something functional that "regular" users can use to install mods.

You can contact me via email: [email protected]

Be aware it's just a side project for me at the moment but once I've got the source code for the new version up and running I'd be more than happy for anyone to contribute to it.
Higus
advanced

Post by Higus »

XrayDoc wrote:
atvaark wrote:
CameraAroundParams.lua
CameraTpsParams.lua

Just two pages ago I asked that very same question, to receive the very same reply, to reply with the discovery that those files do nothing. Is anybody actually reading this topic?
TheArk
ultra-n00b

Post by TheArk »

Looks like the work on this is progressing quite well. I've not really moded anything outside of NV and F03 but TPP has turned out to be one of my favorite games and I'm certainly interest in working on it and seeing how I can contribute. Just a couple of questions.

Instead of replacing certain models or textures, would it be possible to add an additional tab in say the Development menu under uniforms and then throw a few new development options in for the Combat Unit? Such as the old MSF Uniform which is found on the Wandering MSF Soldiers and Hideo when you find him.

Or

If there was a way to replace the base model at Mother Base for the generic uniforms the soldiers are wearing with the old style uniform, preferably the clean version of it, not the dirty and banged up option the wandering soldiers are wearing,

Though, both would be excellent options to be able to develop.
XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc »

Higus wrote: Just two pages ago I asked that very same question, to receive the very same reply, to reply with the discovery that those files do nothing. Is anybody actually reading this topic?
Yeah, I realized that after playing around with it. I just wanted to see if we could find the camera, replace it with the GZ FPS mod, and see what happens.
desperados
n00b

Post by desperados »

Hello,
I try to open files xbox 360 SUBP but Fox Engine.Translation Tool 2.2 does not work for xbox. It could be to correct ?. Thanks
Send files xb360 eng

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ocbhnjqkn74n ... 0.zip?dl=0
JRavens
beginner

Post by JRavens »

PSA - the game updated on 10/6

00.dat ballooned up from 3.7 megs to 37 megs and now includes many updated LUA files from data1 so if you have a mod that uses lua files (like mine) extract 00.dat and double check the changes.

01.dat is now 24 megs of ftexs. Pretty sure this is all the missing graphics for the Tuxedo, MGS3 Sneaking Suit, Quiet's Boss suit and so forth. Still wondering when / how this is activated. I'm assuming the rumors about it being DLC you need to spend Motherbase Coins on is correct, but don't think it's been actually confirmed anywhere.

Now we need to figure out if it's easier to have the end user unpack and repack 01.dat, pack it ourselves (not recommended) or if there's any other way to hook in and add mods. Also do files in 01.dat override 00.dat? Not sure of the load order yet...
atvaark
advanced

Post by atvaark »

Stange 01.dat appears to have lots of textures where the .ftex and .1.ftexs files are missing.
Last edited by atvaark on Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alo81
n00b

Post by Alo81 »

Does anyone have access to the MGO3 files for PS4 or XONE?

If we could strip those out, we might be able to get stuff like playable Ocelot with abilities on Phantom Pain single player.
Higus
advanced

Post by Higus »

I can't seem to find any files relating to the new outfit DLC (Besides textures, haven't looked there). Can't find anything about the DLC being available anywhere but on Xbox One anyways. Maybe Steam won't get the outfits til PC MGO?
Alo81 wrote:Does anyone have access to the MGO3 files for PS4 or XONE?

If we could strip those out, we might be able to get stuff like playable Ocelot with abilities on Phantom Pain single player.
Try asking for PS3 files. But that whole idea sounds real unrealistic sadly, even with access to Lua files. We don't even know how to mod the camera yet, one step at a time.
Shoukaku
ultra-n00b

Post by Shoukaku »

can anyone share snake sneaking with obj format
Poisonedmods
n00b

Post by Poisonedmods »

JRavens wrote:PSA - the game updated on 10/6

00.dat ballooned up from 3.7 megs to 37 megs and now includes many updated LUA files from data1 so if you have a mod that uses lua files (like mine) extract 00.dat and double check the changes.

01.dat is now 24 megs of ftexs. Pretty sure this is all the missing graphics for the Tuxedo, MGS3 Sneaking Suit, Quiet's Boss suit and so forth. Still wondering when / how this is activated. I'm assuming the rumors about it being DLC you need to spend Motherbase Coins on is correct, but don't think it's been actually confirmed anywhere.

Now we need to figure out if it's easier to have the end user unpack and repack 01.dat, pack it ourselves (not recommended) or if there's any other way to hook in and add mods. Also do files in 01.dat override 00.dat? Not sure of the load order yet...
Well i managed to update my dlc and item unlocker mod through 00.dat but it seems like all other console dlcs there are no textures on PC and just crash the game Sadly sooooo
XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc »

Apparently Konami is checking how often files aren't verified for people and banning those people for modding. I don't know if this is true, but that's fucking insane if so.

One final post...

THEY FUCKING PATCHED THE WEAPON CUSTOMIZATION GLITCH

THE FUCKING BEST PART OF THE GAME
Poisonedmods wrote:

Well i managed to update my dlc and item unlocker mod through 00.dat but it seems like all other console dlcs there are no textures on PC and just crash the game Sadly sooooo
Thanks to you, I found out the new skins are already in the game yet they haven't been officially released yet. Thanks Konami. :^)
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 0DC88D33B/
Last edited by Gh0stBlade on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Triple post merge.
Poisonedmods
n00b

Post by Poisonedmods »

XrayDoc wrote:
Poisonedmods wrote:

Thanks to you, I found out the new skins are already in the game yet they haven't been officially released yet. Thanks Konami. :^)
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 0DC88D33B/
yeah im not sure we are even going to get them LOL like with MGO reason we are even getting it january 1st is because kojima and konami contract ends december 31st 2015... so if they dont finish it we arent getting it.