Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
JohnBC
ultra-n00b

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by JohnBC »

Does anyone have nakedsnake model? share it plz
JRavens
beginner

Post by JRavens »

lazycurler wrote:Hey everyone,

I am completely new here, literally just joined. I am a long time MGS fan and a software engineer. I haven't had time to read through this whole thread yet but I came here after seeing some modding tools on github. I have a strong CS and CompE background but have no experience with game dev or modding. How can I help?
I've personally been hoping someone could make a "mod loader" by creating a front end to QAR and/or GzsTool that would simplify combining various mods without the end user having to fiddle with .ini and .inf files. The process of unpacking, combing lines from.inf/ini and repacking seems to confuse casual users (and even some of those who do have experience messing with mods for other games like Skyrim, GTA, etc). Not that you may have interest in doing something like that... I do think it would be popular on Nexus however.
XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc »

JamieGW wrote:Just wanted to let you know that the chaps at GameWatcher have a long running editorial going that we've been updating often lately, searching the community for what are our favourite mods to use with the game. You may very well find that some of your mods are on this list! Again, we're always searching and looking to find more so please let me know if you want us to try out any of yours!

Here's the full list - http://www.gamewatcher.com/editorials/m ... mods/12318

We've been updating it daily so far, and most of the mods come from Nexus as that seems to be the only source right now?
>tfw 4 of my mods made it on
Feels good man. Now stop making Snake and Quiet swaps and let's make the real fun stuff.

I was kind of upset my second favorite mod, Puppy DD, didn't make it on. But I had a huge grin when I saw Sahel bird mod.
Higus
advanced

Post by Higus »

XrayDoc wrote:>tfw 4 of my mods made it on
Feels good man. Now stop making Snake and Quiet swaps and let's make the real fun stuff.

I was kind of upset my second favorite mod, Puppy DD, didn't make it on. But I had a huge grin when I saw Sahel bird mod.
Why should anyone stop making "Snake and Quiet swaps"? It's the culmination of all character modding possibilities at the moment. "let's make the real fun stuff", by this I can only assume you're talking about the "fun" type of mods you've made with floating puppy d-dog and sahelanthropus-bird, well you can continue with the /v/ joke mods all you want, but please don't discourage proper character modding. But on the possibility that you mean to encourage more scripting mods and such, then yes, I want to see more like the TPP Hardcore mod.
(I'm sure you'd feel less upset about the amount of character swaps drowning other mods if Nexus would just add more damn sections than "Miscellaneous")
DefaultMan
beginner

Post by DefaultMan »

Have been doing some model swaps and just managed to find the body model for the dealer from the airport mission (chunk1\Assets\tpp\pack\fova\chara\pfs\pfs0_uniq0_v04.fpk). Strangely enough I cant find a fcnp file for it and when in game the textures are all messed up and flicker like crazy http://imgur.com/a/E5n9D.
Any ideas what is going on here.
XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc »

Higus wrote:
XrayDoc wrote:>tfw 4 of my mods made it on

Why should anyone stop making "Snake and Quiet swaps"? It's the culmination of all character modding possibilities at the moment. "let's make the real fun stuff", by this I can only assume you're talking about the "fun" type of mods you've made with floating puppy d-dog and sahelanthropus-bird, well you can continue with the /v/ joke mods all you want, but please don't discourage proper character modding. But on the possibility that you mean to encourage more scripting mods and such, then yes, I want to see more like the TPP Hardcore mod.
(I'm sure you'd feel less upset about the amount of character swaps drowning other mods if Nexus would just add more damn sections than "Miscellaneous")
I didn't mean it like that. Hell, the mods I do post to nexus are a small amount of what I've actually done. I guess that was just some bias from me since I find those boring, but I've seen so many swaps for just Snake and Quiet. Why not DD soldiers or Skullface? Didn't mean for that comment to come off negative, but it's hard to express tone just through text.
DefaultMan wrote:Have been doing some model swaps and just managed to find the body model for the dealer from the airport mission (chunk1\Assets\tpp\pack\fova\chara\pfs\pfs0_uniq0_v04.fpk). Strangely enough I cant find a fcnp file for it and when in game the textures are all messed up and flicker like crazy http://imgur.com/a/E5n9D.
Any ideas what is going on here.
Lol the same thing happened to me when I tried to put the dog from GZ onto DD even with the fcnp.
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... CB27CACBC/
Last edited by Gh0stBlade on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Double post merge.
odrin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by odrin »

that's a shame. that dog is cool. you tried putting in the .pftxs files too?

also, you can get the working pilot model from here:

http://www.nexusmods.com/phantompain/mods/73/?

the guy says he found the aircraft director in chunk 2 or 4. maybe more dd stuff is located outside of chunk0
Topher
n00b

Post by Topher »

JRavens wrote:I've personally been hoping someone could make a "mod loader" by creating a front end to QAR and/or GzsTool that would simplify combining various mods without the end user having to fiddle with .ini and .inf files. The process of unpacking, combing lines from.inf/ini and repacking seems to confuse casual users (and even some of those who do have experience messing with mods for other games like Skyrim, GTA, etc). Not that you may have interest in doing something like that... I do think it would be popular on Nexus however.
Ask and ye shall receive!

I present SnakeBite! The first mod installer for MGSV:TPP.

Source code (VB.NET) available here:
https://github.com/topher-au/SnakeBite

Binaries available here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Krfx ... wxeDg/view

Basic explanation:
The modfiles (.mgsv) are simply a renamed zip file that will be extracted then applied to 01.dat according to the metadata within mod.xml.

mod.xml contains some basic info and the XML data used to add the files into 01.dat.

If there are FPK files inside the modfile, and they already exist in 01.dat, both will be extracted and the new files copied over the top, and then rebuilt, so hopefully mods that use the same FPK files (but different files inside) can work together.

This is just a test version, definitely not ready for primetime usage but if anyone is keen to check it out and give me some feedback I'd be super grateful!

I have also included a small tool called dat2mod, it will unpack 01.dat and create a simple .mgsv file that you can then edit/apply using SnakeBite. Easier than manually creating the metadata for each mod.
XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc »

odrin wrote:that's a shame. that dog is cool. you tried putting in the .pftxs files too?

also, you can get the working pilot model from here:

http://www.nexusmods.com/phantompain/mods/73/?

the guy says he found the aircraft director in chunk 2 or 4. maybe more dd stuff is located outside of chunk0
I forget where I found it but I found the aircraft director also. It was under one of the dds folders. I have him in my saved characters folder named "banana man"

Do you guys care for this mod? It looks weird but I know a bunch of people wanted to try the GZ dog on DD. Should I publish it or just trash it?

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... FEAAFC811/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... CB27CACBC/
Last edited by Gh0stBlade on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JRavens
beginner

Post by JRavens »

Topher wrote:
JRavens wrote:I've personally been hoping someone could make a "mod loader" by creating a front end to QAR and/or GzsTool that would simplify combining various mods without the end user having to fiddle with .ini and .inf files. The process of unpacking, combing lines from.inf/ini and repacking seems to confuse casual users (and even some of those who do have experience messing with mods for other games like Skyrim, GTA, etc). Not that you may have interest in doing something like that... I do think it would be popular on Nexus however.

Binaries available here:

Basic explanation:
The modfiles (.mgsv) are simply a renamed zip file that will be extracted then applied to 01.dat according to the metadata within mod.xml.

mod.xml contains some basic info and the XML data used to add the files into 01.dat.

If there are FPK files inside the modfile, and they already exist in 01.dat, both will be extracted and the new files copied over the top, and then rebuilt, so hopefully mods that use the same FPK files (but different files inside) can work together.

This is just a test version, definitely not ready for primetime usage but if anyone is keen to check it out and give me some feedback I'd be super grateful!

I have also included a small tool called dat2mod, it will unpack 01.dat and create a simple .mgsv file that you can then edit/apply using SnakeBite. Easier than manually creating the metadata for each mod.
Sounds great man! I'll DL your current build and play around with it and see how it works. Much thanks for taking this project on. I think it will really help modders and users alike :)

If it does what you intend I guarantee it will make it onto every list of must have mods for MGSV
XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc »

Anyone else having the problem of not being able to unpack ftex files from the pftxs files for character models?
VenomRex
ultra-n00b

Post by VenomRex »

Topher wrote:

Binaries available here:

Basic explanation:

I'm totally new to the modding community and I'd say you've done a great job, Topher. I've made a primitive batch script (before I knew someone would actually create a proper mod loader) to do automated unpacking, moving the .lua and repacking dat1 for my first published mod to ease the pain of confused users which can be found here: http://www.nexusmods.com/phantompain/mods/90/?
I'm yet to play around with the source code like a damn fiddle soon when I have time, but these questions made me wonder: How's the metadata within mod.xml file is generated? Through dat2mod alone? Is it possible for SnakeBite to modify certain properties within .lua files for different mods that utilize the same .lua files to avoid conflict? What about the possibility of SnakeBite to parse the .lua files so that users can adjust the game properties via the software interface (e.g amount of demon points acquired for killing a soldier, etc)?
I'd like to contribute to the development of this mod loader of yours, would be a great contribution to the modding community if it would be released as a finished tool.
Also, a more direct method to contact you beside PM would be much appreciated.
Cheers! :D
holdfing
ultra-n00b

Post by holdfing »

Hello there! Awesome work so far, thanks a bunch!
Topher wrote:

Binaries available here:

Basic explanation:

Nice! I made batch files for my mod to automate installation/merge mods (I can't code for shit), but SnakeBite is defo preferable.

BTW, anyone working on figuring out uia/uif/uilb/uiwhatever files? The broken radio button in intscope view is pissing me off, I want to fix it, and I suspect those ui files hold the answer. I haven't found any references to the actual button prompt texture (cmn_btn_icon_a_x36_alp) in luas at least.
atvaark
advanced

Post by atvaark »

XrayDoc wrote:Anyone else having the problem of not being able to unpack ftex files from the pftxs files for character models?
For the 100th time. Pftxs files don't contain all the ftexs files required to unpack a ftex file properly. You have to also use the remaining ftexs files from the texture dat archives.
XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc »

atvaark wrote:
XrayDoc wrote:Anyone else having the problem of not being able to unpack ftex files from the pftxs files for character models?
For the 100th time. Pftxs files don't contain all the ftexs files required to unpack a ftex file properly. You have to also use the remaining ftexs files from the texture dat archives.
I've scanned through them, I haven't been able to find specific people just yet. Are most found in texture0 and 3 or others?

Anyone have an idea where the lua files for the camera are? I've tried looking through chunk0 and data1 but can't find the right file.
Last edited by Gh0stBlade on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.