Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
HeartlessSeph
advanced

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by HeartlessSeph »

frankcip wrote:
HeartlessSeph wrote:
odrin wrote: is it an esoteric or exceedingly difficult process? how come people avoid talking about it?
I don't like avoiding discussing it, I even got a little upset when people avoided it before doing it myself too. It's just a bit difficult to explain, but not actually difficult to perform. Best I can tell you is that the mesh data ends at the end of an fmdl file, it should make it a bit easier to do honestly.

Also, I tried getting the Quiet thing to work, the problem with it is that apparently her legs are invisible in gameplay despite the mesh being present. This is probably a texture issue, like I said, her legs are present and I removed anything that didn't need to be there but her legs still show up as invisible in-game.
I know there is another model of her, the Mother Base Quiet (the one in the cell), mabye that model has what we need to get rid of the boots, stockings, and mabye those harness?
I should be able to get rid of the harness unless they built the model so that anything behind the harness is simply not there to save filespace. Also, IIRC, that model still has the stockings on doesn't she? I guess it'll help because of the feet showing there.
frankcip
ultra-n00b

Post by frankcip »

HeartlessSeph wrote:
frankcip wrote:
HeartlessSeph wrote: is it an esoteric or exceedingly difficult process? how come people avoid talking about it?
I know there is another model of her, the Mother Base Quiet (the one in the cell), mabye that model has what we need to get rid of the boots, stockings, and mabye those harness?
I should be able to get rid of the harness unless they built the model so that anything behind the harness is simply not there to save filespace. Also, IIRC, that model still has the stockings on doesn't she? I guess it'll help because of the feet showing there.
That would be some great progress! (I sooooo like quiet) Please share whatever you get out of it, and thanks for your interest in this!
XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc »

So I have a quick question.

I've found a bunch of face cov fmdl files during my digs, these I assume are different faces or face covers for characters. I tried applying one of these to the MGS1 snake after changing that ones model to a different snake and nothing changed. Can I only use the face cov files on regular snake costume? Or am I just screwing something up by not having an fcnp or frdv?
HeartlessSeph
advanced

Post by HeartlessSeph »

XrayDoc wrote:So I have a quick question.

I've found a bunch of face cov fmdl files during my digs, these I assume are different faces or face covers for characters. I tried applying one of these to the MGS1 snake after changing that ones model to a different snake and nothing changed. Can I only use the face cov files on regular snake costume? Or am I just screwing something up by not having an fcnp or frdv?
I'm not quite sure about what you tried doing here. Did you try replacing the entirety of the MGS1 Snake model? Did you just try to add them? More info with stuff like this is needed, otherwise it would be a guessing game on my part.
Soulpatrol
ultra-n00b

Post by Soulpatrol »

emoose wrote:MGSV QAR Dictionary Project has been updated, adding an extra ~3000 hashes, bringing the total up to 15091 filenames :)

I'm hoping more people can test out my console-enabled version of FtexTool too, pretty sure the x360 deswizzle algo is correct for each pixel format, but I haven't really tested it extensively.
Many thanks for your research and work!
First Time i now can see Textures from the Xbox360 :)

I didnt found a Texture what not be converted correct, so it seams all fine.
Extracting the .dat is fine too, also any .fpk i test.

Hopefully we can convert them back to .ftex some day, so modding will not be only for pc :wink:

Nice to see that here are at last People sharing there work with the public and not only People posting screens of what they did, without to say how the did it!
odrin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by odrin »

HeartlessSeph wrote:
odrin wrote:
HeartlessSeph wrote:
I know how to remove meshes in fmdl files though hex.
is it an esoteric or exceedingly difficult process? how come people avoid talking about it?
I don't like avoiding discussing it, I even got a little upset when people avoided it before doing it myself too. It's just a bit difficult to explain, but not actually difficult to perform. Best I can tell you is that the mesh data ends at the end of an fmdl file, it should make it a bit easier to do honestly.

Also, I tried getting the Quiet thing to work, the problem with it is that apparently her legs are invisible in gameplay despite the mesh being present. This is probably a texture issue, like I said, her legs are present and I removed anything that didn't need to be there but her legs still show up as invisible in-game.
XrayDoc wrote:Nexus mods comments:
"Can you do this literally impossible mod?"
"Can you tell me how to mess with files I have no idea how to even use the QAR tool."
"I'm going to do this mod but I need someone to tell me how to exactly do this mod."

Love you guys but if you don't know what you're doing please stop. ;^)
Haha, is this about them asking to play as Sahelanthropus?
thanks, but any more specific things i need to look for? is there a way to organize the file to better read it??

like in the screenshot below, all of that at the bottom there is still mesh data?

HeartlessSeph
advanced

Post by HeartlessSeph »

odrin wrote: thanks, but any more specific things i need to look for? is there a way to organize the file to better read it??

like in the screenshot below, all of that at the bottom there is still mesh data?

Yes, that is mesh data. I really don't know how to help you here though. Maybe you should wait for the Fox Model Studio or try going through it yourself with trial and error.
XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc »

HeartlessSeph wrote:
XrayDoc wrote:So I have a quick question.

I'm not quite sure about what you tried doing here. Did you try replacing the entirety of the MGS1 Snake model? Did you just try to add them? More info with stuff like this is needed, otherwise it would be a guessing game on my part.
I took the character files from the MGS1 snake and replaced them with a regular snake model. This is because the other snake models have problems with hair so MGS1 is most commonly used. Anyway, I then tried to put on fmdl files like eqp_hd and face_cov but none of them changed anything. (yes I updated the FPK dictionary before repacking) Basically, do I use face cover files only on other snake models and if not how do I use them?
HeartlessSeph wrote:
"Can you tell me how to mess with files I have no idea how to even use the QAR tool."
"I'm going to do this mod but I need someone to tell me how to exactly do this mod."

Haha, is this about them asking to play as Sahelanthropus?
Well that's part of it, I notice most of them on the most popular model swaps like the quiet one. Some people are messing with files they really shouldn't be messing with if they can't even operate the QAR Tool.
Quiet
ultra-n00b

Post by Quiet »

Step 1-Unpack QAR tool in your SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/MGS_TPP/master folder.
Step 2-Backup your chunk0.dat file.
Step 3-Drag chunk0.dat file over MGSV_QAR_Tool.exe.
It will create a chunk0 folder and chunk0.inf file.
Step 4-Take the files from the mods and place in chunk0 folder.
Step 5-Drag chunk0.inf file over MGSV_QAR_Tool.exe.
It will repack the chunk0.dat file with the mods added.
Step 6-Enjoy Quiet.

Last edited by Quiet on Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
HeartlessSeph
advanced

Post by HeartlessSeph »

XrayDoc wrote:Well that's part of it, I notice most of them on the most popular model swaps like the quiet one. Some people are messing with files they really shouldn't be messing with if they can't even operate the QAR Tool.
Ah, I know what you mean. Can't really blame most though. Games that are further along in modding don't really take as much effort to mod most of the time. Maybe they're just coming from those types of modding environments and expecting things to be hand-fed to them.

EDIT: Oh, I didn't realize you responded regarding your problem with the Snake model. Placing files into the fpk will only work if the game is trying to read that thing at the moment (I think, don't take my word for it as fact). So if you're trying to put the sna0_face0_cov.fmdl type files in there it likely won't work since the game stops trying to read those files when MGS1 Snake's outfit is used.
XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc »

HeartlessSeph wrote:
XrayDoc wrote:Well that's part of it, I notice most of them on the most popular model swaps like the quiet one. Some people are messing with files they really shouldn't be messing with if they can't even operate the QAR Tool.
Ah, I know what you mean. Can't really blame most though. Games that are further along in modding don't really take as much effort to mod most of the time. Maybe they're just coming from those types of modding environments and expecting things to be hand-fed to them.

EDIT: Oh, I didn't realize you responded regarding your problem with the Snake model. Placing files into the fpk will only work if the game is trying to read that thing at the moment (I think, don't take my word for it as fact). So if you're trying to put the sna0_face0_cov.fmdl type files in there it likely won't work since the game stops trying to read those files when MGS1 Snake's outfit is used.
Okay, I'll just try equipping and unequipping it from the loadout screen. Thanks!
HeartlessSeph
advanced

Post by HeartlessSeph »

XrayDoc wrote:
HeartlessSeph wrote:

Okay, I'll just try equipping and unequipping it from the loadout screen. Thanks!
I meant to say that it may just not work with the MGS1 outfit. It seems to default to just not loading a head model at all, so it's possible that it may not be possible (oddly worded sentence that) to use head models like that over the MGS1 costume. Also, would you mind describing this hair problem to me? I haven't actually seen any problems like that so far.
maurocio
n00b

Post by maurocio »

Hi all,

I was trying to add custom music on game structure, but on LNG file appear this:

<Entry Key="2748510345" Value="You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) " />
<Entry Key="3464135748" Value="Quiet Life" />
<Entry Key="1109952386" Value="She Blinded Me With Science" />
<Entry Key="2193300951" Value="Dormant Stream" />
<Entry Key="2550999362" Value="Too Shy" />

Anyone knows what is key number? Maybe is a hash

Thanks
Tex
veteran

Post by Tex »

emoose wrote: All the lua files in PC qars should be accounted for, but there might be some in fpk files that need a dictionary to look them up, not sure if TPP needs that though since only a few files in GZ did afaik.
There's a few MGO luas in the console qars that aren't named too, but it's doubtful anyone would want to mod MGO anyway.
The lua files in the fpks have had something done to them, they're not readable as text like the Data1 luas. Great analysis from me I know, but I have little experience with file formats. I do know they aren't renamed in the common way as if they're compiled either (standard there is to call them .luac), nor do they seem to have the usual compiled lua magic number, that's as much as I know, literally nothing else about file formats, I'm a plaintext man.

Unlike ground Zeros where most of the unreadable luas had readable versions also, these don't. And as they contain the mission scripting among other things it would be a big deal modding wise to be able to read them.

There may be complications though.

There's mention of some kind of compilation system in one of the main .lua, except no references to it in the lua (function that calls it had it's name minified so it's not called by the engine). The engine has a lot more references. Called the Quark, Quark System, FoxQuark.
I was guessing either: shader compilation, ui compilation, or of course lua compilation, which means we'd be more or less out of luck as far as using lua decompilers (we could even get it to standard compiled lua format in the first place). What is pointing it towards lua is: refererences from solider and corpse game objects - SoliderQuark, CorpseQuark.

There's also reference to the script block loading system mentioning quark, which brings me to that. Lots of reference to script block loading in lua, and also to packs in reference. However a couple of the data1/readable lua files are names AnimalBlock, DemoBlock and ReinforceBlock and have code suggested they are managed in this way.

The general term for compiled lua is actually chunks, so since they already were callink their streaming system chunks they decided to use Block to differentiate. block in lua terms just means a segment of code, the usage of scriptblocks suggests it's not that granular, but who knows.

Also the .ui* files, again making an assumption with such a data driven engine, and other examples of data driven ui systems there's a chance there's useful stuff there.

Like recently posted we're also missing what the keys in the .lang files are, can see some plain text keys of some form in the lua via the announce log which is via the ui, but past that point a bunch of those are also linked with sound files, and not quite sure where the definition is.

TLDR: There's still a lot of file format stuff that I don't think has really been discussed here that seems like it has potential -but I don't have the skills to pursue at that level.
emoose
beginner

Post by emoose »

Tex wrote:
emoose wrote: All the lua files in PC qars should be accounted for, but there might be some in fpk files that need a dictionary to look them up, not sure if TPP needs that though since only a few files in GZ did afaik.
There's a few MGO luas in the console qars that aren't named too, but it's doubtful anyone would want to mod MGO anyway.
The lua files in the fpks have had something done to them, they're not readable as text like the Data1 luas. Great analysis from me I know, but I have little experience with file formats. I do know they aren't renamed in the common way as if they're compiled either (standard there is to call them .luac), nor do they seem to have the usual compiled lua magic number, that's as much as I know, literally nothing else about file formats, I'm a plaintext man.

Unlike ground Zeros where most of the unreadable luas had readable versions also, these don't. And as they contain the mission scripting among other things it would be a big deal modding wise to be able to read them.

There may be complications though.

There's mention of some kind of compilation system in one of the main .lua, except no references to it in the lua (function that calls it had it's name minified so it's not called by the engine). The engine has a lot more references. Called the Quark, Quark System, FoxQuark.
I was guessing either: shader compilation, ui compilation, or of course lua compilation, which means we'd be more or less out of luck as far as using lua decompilers (we could even get it to standard compiled lua format in the first place). What is pointing it towards lua is: refererences from solider and corpse game objects - SoliderQuark, CorpseQuark.

There's also reference to the script block loading system mentioning quark, which brings me to that. Lots of reference to script block loading in lua, and also to packs in reference. However a couple of the data1/readable lua files are names AnimalBlock, DemoBlock and ReinforceBlock and have code suggested they are managed in this way.

The general term for compiled lua is actually chunks, so since they already were callink their streaming system chunks they decided to use Block to differentiate. block in lua terms just means a segment of code, the usage of scriptblocks suggests it's not that granular, but who knows.

Also the .ui* files, again making an assumption with such a data driven engine, and other examples of data driven ui systems there's a chance there's useful stuff there.

Like recently posted we're also missing what the keys in the .lang files are, can see some plain text keys of some form in the lua via the announce log which is via the ui, but past that point a bunch of those are also linked with sound files, and not quite sure where the definition is.

TLDR: There's still a lot of file format stuff that I don't think has really been discussed here that seems like it has potential -but I don't have the skills to pursue at that level.
Hmm, had a quick look into it and the LUA files seem crypted to me, if they were just compiled there would probably still be some cleartext strings in them but I couldn't see any.

Also it looks like GZ has these same weird LUA files too, but I noticed something funny: in data_02.g0s\Assets\tpp\pack\resident\resident01.fpkd they have the same LUA files as the QAR itself (GZCommon.lua, TppRadio.lua etc), but in this strange format. The fpkd versions are 2 bytes bigger than the plaintext QAR versions though, maybe some sort of crypto key? Pretty sure this is crypted now though since the size is so close to the plaintext versions.

Tried decrypting with various xor methods but none seem to work, couldn't find any working MGSV tools for them neither. Guess the crypto will have to be reversed, surprising it hasn't been already since this has been in use since GZ.