Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
odrin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by odrin »

help needed for location of following:

russian paratrooper helmet
xof gas mask
xof balaclava, helmet, goggles
russian balaclava

player balaclava
infinity bandana

thank you.
HeartlessSeph
advanced

Post by HeartlessSeph »

I did a thing here. Sorry for the red on the boots and hands. My nuclear weapon decided to be done getting developed when I finished a mission wearing this so now I have to visit the Animal platform 1000 times to get Snake to look normal.

Anyway, I won't have it uploaded tonight, I need to figure out why his hands aren't showing up in first person view when they should be. Also, I didn't notice any detaching from the head or anything, but I honestly do suck at catching things like that so I may have just missed it.

Unrelated, but I only need 8 more achievements until 100%! Although I'm not quite looking forward to completing all mission tasks (gotta replay the Man who Sold the World again *sigh*)

EDIT: While I'm at it, here's the human Volgin I was working on. http://i.imgur.com/z5RvYu2.jpg

Also not releasing him yet though. He still has the stretching glitch with his hands unless you wear the rocket arm and I can't figure out how to fix that. Also, when model detail is set to low parts of his body disappear (I must have messed something up in his fmdl lol). I'm not trying to fix that though, upping model detail isn't that taxing on the computer and most people probably don't have it set there anyway. This is what I'm talking about: http://i.imgur.com/AbVXnni.jpg
mokuna
ultra-n00b

Post by mokuna »

Since I've seen some people wondering about where to find stuff this is what I've gotten until now about how the files are organized:

- chunk0 contains the models common to all the missions (in chunk0\Assets\tpp\pack\mission2\common) + the first Cyprus mission (in chunk0\Assets\tpp\pack\mission2\story\s10010). If you want to swap the doctor/nurses you need to change the files in chunk0\Assets\tpp\pack\mission2\story\s10010, not in common. The ones in common are for non-mission specific assets.
- chunk1 doesn't seem to contain any story mission, but contains most or all the tapes.
- chunk2 contains the Afghanistan missions. s10020_area.fpk contains the models for the "rescue kaz" scene. Note that the Kaz model will be swapped again with original Kaz at the start of mission 2, the one on motherbase. The Ocelot in that scene is the one in chunk0\...\common, but I haven't been able to find the Kaz in that scene yet.
- chunk3 I suspect contains the part of the story in the motherbase Quarantine facility (still haven't gotten there to check)
- chunk4 seems to contain the Africa missions.

Hope this helps.

One thing I've been trying to do is mod Ocelot in place of the soldiers. I could get him to show up by swapping his model into mis_com_afgh.fpk but I still get the soldiers various faces on top of his. Can anyone give me any pointer into finding these faces?

Also I'm trying to figure out how to edit these face meshes out. I have an hex editor, but I can't understand which file extension needs to be opened with that changed. If I get this information I can probably try and figure out the rest myself.

Any help?
Last edited by Gh0stBlade on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post merge.
HeartlessSeph
advanced

Post by HeartlessSeph »

mokuna wrote:One thing I've been trying to do is mod Ocelot in place of the soldiers. I could get him to show up by swapping his model into mis_com_afgh.fpk but I still get the soldiers various faces on top of his. Can anyone give me any pointer into finding these faces?

Also I'm trying to figure out how to edit these face meshes out. I have an hex editor, but I can't understand which file extension needs to be opened with that changed. If I get this information I can probably try and figure out the rest myself.

Any help?
If you want to edit meshes out you need to open the fmdl file.
pewposterous
advanced

Post by pewposterous »

Does anyone know where quiets hospital outfit textures are located? Also her eyelashes
Loomy
advanced

Post by Loomy »

pewposterous wrote:Does anyone know where quiets hospital outfit textures are located? Also her eyelashes
I thought i found the xof, couldnt have been more wrong, the Xofs hair albedo/diffuse, as u see below is without a doubt :- texture0\23354ae540eae.dds

On my suit there are a few parts that are eerily matching, but uv is totally off, and as i recall her suit was more black or navy, and no camo. could this be another xof suit tex ? do u have any good reference images for hospital/xof suits of quiet, it might help. anyway the tex i used below for suit was wrong but might be helpful in narrowing it down: texture0\2ff8ff8ecd95f.dds. for her skin and face just used one of the other models tex's

Below is also uv layout if that helps. send/share if u find any, and the additional maps for hair, cheers ! also looking for her regular hair maps still

KingKilluaX3
ultra-n00b

Post by KingKilluaX3 »

Anyone find D-Dog and D-Horse's models?

I've found the white d-horse texture so far Image
CoreyHUN
ultra-n00b

Post by CoreyHUN »

I'd appeciate D-Horse's modelsss :D
Ashtails
beginner

Post by Ashtails »

HeartlessSeph wrote:
emoose wrote:As I posted on CE.org and github...
I posted this on NuLLxD's github but should probably post it here too since this is the base of lua mods:

"A lot of the unnamed LUA files you have in here have been named, using the qar_dictionary.txt from Atvaarks GzsTool (github/Atvaark/GzsTool/releases/tag/v0.3.3) gives every LUA file a name except one, eg. 2cd691ee890e4.lua becomes /Assets/tpp/motherbase/script/MbmCommonSetting.lua. Might make it easier to mod if you use the named LUA files."

Atvaarks dictionary names every LUA file in data1.dat, only one is left unnamed which isn't used by the game afaik.
Hope this helps :)

(Can't seem to post urls yet, but add a dot com to the end of github above for the link to Atvaarks repo)
I'm also working on naming a lot of the unnamed FPK files (since fpk's have some clues to their original filenames...)

So far I've got around ~2000 extra fpk files named which aren't named in any other dictionaries afaik, will update this thread with the link to the github for this dictionary once I've cleaned it up (pull requests will be welcomed of course! :))
I'm especially looking forward to this if it'll help me find the Human Volgin model. I want to play as him so badly, bent knees and all!
dec0d3 wrote:Would it be possible to replace your snake or custom avatar model with Paz from the infirmary?
This? http://i.imgur.com/1QiqoNm.jpg

And look what I found

http://i.imgur.com/xEtC4Ml.jpg (posting links because of image size)
Honestly I think it would be pretty cool to play as Paz during the hospital scene so can you (HeartlessSeph) share with us which FPK file Paz is?
Loomy
advanced

Post by Loomy »

pewposterous wrote:I've finally managed to extract some ftex files. Quiets hair is texture0 - a2edc14ac4a3 if anyone's wondering. Has anyone been able to locate other parts, like bump/spec, eyelashes etc?

Heres a render of the head http://i.imgur.com/OBwHMwJ.png

edit: spec map for rain, although i think its for someone else. Also no idae how to use it properly http://i.imgur.com/R0ujcYh.png
that render is amazing ! how do you get the hair like that, would it not need the other maps for it, best i can do (lol) is:-

pewposterous wrote:Does anyone know where quiets hospital outfit textures are located? Also her eyelashes
Found it finally !!! (UVs perfect fit, high gamma aside, i dont recall it having so much grey ? idk, but im fairly certain we have a winner. The gloves are seemingly drunk or part of the face/arms map which i havnt found (using existing maps). for eyelashes, chichis lashes in tex0/chars/chi seem to work for now. Also of note, on below for the grenades im pretty sure it uses same tex from her other model (the one with red warning label - could use from their / torn stockings set of textures)

The hair map ive mentioned in previous post, still searching on the supporting maps for it.

Tex below (diffuse only for now) = texture0\a1c6a30be44.dds

Who or what is this ? Trying to find the Female Skulls Models if anyone can point them out ?

Last edited by Gh0stBlade on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pewposterous
advanced

Post by pewposterous »

Loomy wrote:
Found it finally !!! (UVs perfect fit, high gamma aside, i dont recall it having so much grey ? idk, but im fairly certain we have a winner. The gloves are seemingly drunk or part of the face/arms map which i havnt found (using existing maps). for eyelashes, chichis lashes in tex0/chars/chi seem to work for now. Also of note, on below for the grenades im pretty sure it uses same tex from her other model (the one with red warning label - could use from their / torn stockings set of textures)

The hair map ive mentioned in previous post, still searching on the supporting maps for it.

Tex below (diffuse only for now) = texture0\a1c6a30be44.dds

Who or what is this ? Trying to find the Female Skulls Models if anyone can point them out ?

xD ty so much, i scoured through thousands of files and must of missed it. I'll search around for the normal
pewposterous
advanced

Post by pewposterous »

Loomy wrote:
pewposterous wrote:I've finally managed to extract some ftex files. Quiets hair is texture0 - a2edc14ac4a3 if anyone's wondering. Has anyone been able to locate other parts, like bump/spec, eyelashes etc?

Heres a render of the head http://i.imgur.com/OBwHMwJ.png

edit: spec map for rain, although i think its for someone else. Also no idae how to use it properly http://i.imgur.com/R0ujcYh.png
that render is amazing ! how do you get the hair like that, would it not need the other maps for it, best i can do (lol) is:-

I used 3 image maps in blender cycles, the colour (also contains the transparency) / Specular (2f5792bdbd55b) / and a normal map that i created in another program.

Edit - Hospital hair is 23354ae540eae. Spec 2b2e2f8434633

Found the normal for the hospital outfit - Texture0\2eb91f0b854cd

Theres another texture though. Some equipment on the belt, and her communicator at her neck use different textures. These might be tricky to find XD

Last edited by Gh0stBlade on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
odrin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by odrin »

mokuna wrote:Since I've seen some people wondering about where to find stuff this is what I've gotten until now about how the files are organized:

- chunk0 contains the models common to all the missions (in chunk0\Assets\tpp\pack\mission2\common) + the first Cyprus mission (in chunk0\Assets\tpp\pack\mission2\story\s10010). If you want to swap the doctor/nurses you need to change the files in chunk0\Assets\tpp\pack\mission2\story\s10010, not in common. The ones in common are for non-mission specific assets.
- chunk1 doesn't seem to contain any story mission, but contains most or all the tapes.
- chunk2 contains the Afghanistan missions. s10020_area.fpk contains the models for the "rescue kaz" scene. Note that the Kaz model will be swapped again with original Kaz at the start of mission 2, the one on motherbase. The Ocelot in that scene is the one in chunk0\...\common, but I haven't been able to find the Kaz in that scene yet.
- chunk3 I suspect contains the part of the story in the motherbase Quarantine facility (still haven't gotten there to check)
- chunk4 seems to contain the Africa missions.

Hope this helps.
thanks this could narrow down search areas and save a lot of time.
mokuna
ultra-n00b

Post by mokuna »

HeartlessSeph wrote:
mokuna wrote:One thing I've been trying to do is mod Ocelot in place of the soldiers. I could get him to show up by swapping his model into mis_com_afgh.fpk but I still get the soldiers various faces on top of his. Can anyone give me any pointer into finding these faces?

Any help?
If you want to edit meshes out you need to open the fmdl file.
So you don't use hex editing for them? You just open the fmdl, delete everything and save again?
nowonever1
ultra-n00b

Post by nowonever1 »

I have a plan to change the skull sinper's head with quiet's head, but I don't know how to do that, I tried to make the sinper's body invisible and for quiet only head visable, first doesn't work out the way I thought it should be, second, I don't know how to connect them in file, can somebody point me the direction?a little details will be appreciated.