Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Loomy
advanced

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by Loomy »

@volgin: there is a full bodysuit mesh, with human head underneath mask, though failing outright to find any of the diffuse mats, unless its one of the ones im assuming is glow/spec. Ive been looking for the regular/leather map.

i was planning on sussing out bones in XNA, and i kind of got carried away:-

Full album http://imgur.com/a/Nf2jW

props to Konrad/Iirel/Sticklove for their respective work on Lara (lara classic & reborn bikini)

while im not overly impressed with my shoddy result of quiet in laraclassic, this lara->quiet needs to happen^^ whether it mgsv mesh mod (once were able to do such) or TR2013/ROTTR mod.
bers
ultra-n00b

Post by bers »

Loomy wrote:@volgin: there is a full bodysuit mesh, with human head underneath mask, though failing outright to find any of the diffuse mats, unless its one of the ones im assuming is glow/spec. Ive been looking for the regular/leather map.

props to Konrad/Iirel/Sticklove for their respective work on Lara (lara classic & reborn bikini)

while im not overly impressed with my shoddy result of quiet in laraclassic, this lara->quiet needs to happen^^ whether it mgsv mesh mod (once were able to do such) or TR2013/ROTTR mod.
which program can I use to view the TPP models? i got he QAR and FPK tools to extract/unpack them
Loomy
advanced

Post by Loomy »

bers wrote:
Loomy wrote:@volgin: there is a full bodysuit mesh, with human head underneath mask, though failing outright to find any of the diffuse mats, unless its one of the ones im assuming is glow/spec. Ive been looking for the regular/leather map.

which program can I use to view the TPP models? i got he QAR and FPK tools to extract/unpack them
Extract all DAT using QAR, then all resulting fpk/fpkd using fpktool, and that will give u FMDL files

best way, extract *everything* one time, and just search throuhg for what you looking for.

find full path of fmdl file, using 3dsmax run https://github.com/Jayveerk/FMDL FMDL script from max->runscript, it will give u open FMDL dialogue, paste link to or browse to fmdl, it iwll import to max, from where u can then export to your desired format. it is best to keep the original max file, or stick to one format wherein you will make any corrections or renaming, from max scene/asset listview, any plain numbered object, ie 1 to 55 will be the bones, either delete/hide by selecting all, or do as u wish, if ur not plannign on rigging then just delete em.

If u dont fix/assign all materials in max, after Exporting to OBJ, u need to fix the assignments manually, even if adding fake file to each mesh part, otherwise u get errors in some programs on import (xna for example) best is to use Either FBX or Collada.

In my case i then import obj in the likes of Marmoset Toolbag or whatever app is easier for you to assign textures. marmo has awesome PBR -> physical based / realtime render, and materials assignment.

Seperately to all this u would have extracted textures DAT, use the fpex tool to convert to DDS by dragging each folder by bulk to make it easier (will open blank screen, but so long as that screen is open it is extracting in the background to same folder as ftex. u can then preview those fodlers in explorer or ur img app for thumbs of all DDS. for me i had to convert the dds to jpg/png/tif not all apps handle dds. I found Noesis tool really handy for this, and pretty much browsing asset in general)

the rest is pretty much finding/assigning the textures if whatever app is easier for u

https://github.com/Jayveerk/FMDL
HeartlessSeph
advanced

Post by HeartlessSeph »

http://i.imgur.com/Ua1LIkl.jpg

Well, something happened here. I replaced Snake's robot arm with Volgin's, his put his head over Snake's and then put the body over the Sneaking Suit. Unfortunately, it turns out Shigu was right, the body isn't headless and armless or anything like that. Interestingly though, the glow that appears during the cutscene is actually a separate mesh that was overlayed onto Volgin's model.

The arm also gets very distorted at the fingers. I zeroed out Volgin's mesh to check what was going on with them and they stretch toward his chest for some reason. Don't think there's a way to fix that for now unfortunately. http://i.imgur.com/wgS9Dhj.jpg

EDIT: http://i.imgur.com/pHCQU5W.jpg Currently trying to Isolate which vertices belong to his head so I can move them to one specific point to give the illusion of them being invisible, sort of like Brawl modders did it back before actual importing was implemented. I'm hoping in this way I can get a playable Volgin done.
Tex
veteran

Post by Tex »

Can someone upload their save file from after Quiet has left, I want to test my return quiet mod some more but messed up my pre-mod backup.
alex61194
ultra-n00b

Post by alex61194 »

hey can someone make a mod to have the mission load screen with msf logo? like the hospital chapter
alex61194
ultra-n00b

Post by alex61194 »

Tex wrote:Can someone upload their save file from after Quiet has left, I want to test my return quiet mod some more but messed up my pre-mod backup.
here you go, https://mega.nz/#F!s8NgEJxY!rgfAQz08iFIePRtN4o4Fnw (i did this one after installing this mod in this savegame quiet is unnavalibre
Tex
veteran

Post by Tex »

Ah, now I understand why my prior backup didn't work.

TPP actually uses the ground zeros save folder - game id 311340, it's own save folder - id 287700 - does have save files, but I guess they're some kind of backup.

The graphics config - TPP_GRAPHICS_CONFIG is read from TPPs save folder, not GZ, but the other config - TPP_CONFIG_DATA, actually uses the ground zeros save folder - game id 311340.

The graphics config is read from TPP, not GZ, but the other config, language and stuff(?), is in GZ folder, had fun having the game start in spanish with alex61194s config.

TPP_GAME_DATA is the general save game, PERSONAL_DATA is your avatar, emblem, and who knows what else.

What a mess. Had no idea steam games could use another games save folder. I suppose that's how it does the GZ save transfer though., for language and stuff(?), is in GZ save folder, had fun with the game start in spanish with alex61194s config.

TPP_GAME_DATA is the general save game, PERSONAL_DATA is your avatar, emblem, and who knows what else.

What a mess. Had no idea steam games could use another games save folder. I suppose that's how it does the GZ save transfer though.
alex61194
ultra-n00b

Post by alex61194 »

Tex wrote:Ah, now I understand why my prior backup didn't work.

TPP actually uses the ground zeros save folder - game id 311340, it's own save folder - id 287700 - does have save files, but I guess they're some kind of backup.

The graphics config - TPP_GRAPHICS_CONFIG is read from TPPs save folder, not GZ, but the other config - TPP_CONFIG_DATA, actually uses the ground zeros save folder - game id 311340.

The graphics config is read from TPP, not GZ, but the other config, language and stuff(?), is in GZ folder, had fun having the game start in spanish with alex61194s config.

What a mess. Had no idea steam games could use another games save folder. I suppose that's how it does the GZ save transfer though., for language and stuff(?), is in GZ save folder, had fun with the game start in spanish with alex61194s config.

What a mess. Had no idea steam games could use another games save folder. I suppose that's how it does the GZ save transfer though.
well if you want to laugh pls see how the translate bandana xD btw at this point i didnt take yet my outer heaven logo (the hard one)
rensole
beginner

Post by rensole »

Has anyone found the textures to the metal gear?
I can't find it anywere.
odrin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by odrin »

PTE Jenkins wrote:Has anybody figured out at all how the bodygroups on the enemy soldiers work? so we could get player swaps with different enemy loadouts.
odrin wrote: thank you. that seems very promising and makes me wonder about some modding possibilities. it seems head and bodies are indeed separate for a majority of the characters. would it then be possible to introduce extra options in the uniform selection, since those would just be body models. same as with head gear options i suppose. they probably won't work too well on snake considering the horn and facial hair and other unique features(fabric swaying in breeze for example), but on the other soldier characters, they probably would.

maybe you could see if soviet uniforms could be used along with default motherbase material like the masks.
I think the soviet soldiers have different bone rotations because I tried swapping their uniform out with the regular dd bdu's and their hands and legs looked super fucked up.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... FE59DA35C/

Has anybody figured out where the african or soviet balaclava is? I wanted to swap out the dd balaclava with the soviet or african one.
that's a shame, those soviet uniforms received a lot of love from the 3d artists. i wonder if it would work on the boss's animation.

agreed on the balaclavas. would be nice if they could actually be added into the menu as new items, not just replacements.
DarknessValtier
beginner

Post by DarknessValtier »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOdD9D3zQ5c

Quiet Default Playable 0.9
--------------------------------
This version of Quiet works perfect using the original bones of her.
First Person Fixed
Facial expression fixed
Bra simulation fixed
Hair simulation fixed
Breast bouncy fixed
Dirty and burned effects fixed
---------------------------------
"This is a version 0.9 because i trying to remove the Snake's arm
==================
Download
http://www.mediafire.com/download/m9leg ... le+0.9.rar
alex61194
ultra-n00b

Post by alex61194 »

DarknessValtier wrote:Image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOdD9D3zQ5c

Quiet Default Playable 0.9
--------------------------------
This version of Quiet works perfect using the original bones of her.
First Person Fixed
Facial expression fixed
Bra simulation fixed
Hair simulation fixed
Breast bouncy fixed
Dirty and burned effects fixed
---------------------------------
"This is a version 0.9 because i trying to remove the Snake's arm
==================
Download
http://www.mediafire.com/download/m9leg ... le+0.9.rar
what camo you have to put for this mod work?
JRavens
beginner

Post by JRavens »

Tex wrote:Ah, now I understand why my prior backup didn't work.

Thanks man. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why I had backups there even when I didn't own Ground Zeroes (and in fact I originally thought the GZ directory WAS TPP so that's why I was telling people to back it up)
CoreyHUN
ultra-n00b

Post by CoreyHUN »

Guys, can someone send me Quiet's textures please?