Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
DUSToid1109
ultra-n00b

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by DUSToid1109 »

hello guys
how to extract TPP audio files?
example:fsm files and Sbp files
I tried the extraction using the tool fsmextract.exe ...extraction failed
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/zjhd9ex4klpvnu7/fsmextract.exe

Sorry my bad english
PTE Jenkins
n00b

Post by PTE Jenkins »

DarknessValtier wrote: right! open this file with HEX EDITOR, last lines you find the bone structure, "CNP_SNRROOT.SKL_642_SNIPER_SIM" this is the root of weapon on waist, to remove this weapon you just need blank rename to: "CNP_SNRROOT"
just this and the weapon disappear
I can't seem to find the CNP_SNRROOT.SKL_642_SNIPER_SIM line but I was able to find CNP_SNRROOT with no .anything after it. I tried removing the line entirely and all it seemed to do was also break the sniper rifle, and the primary still remained clipping in the stomach.
Last edited by PTE Jenkins on Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeanur
advanced

Post by Sergeanur »

avikhandakar wrote:When i extract a .dat (from xbox 360) file using qar tool, it works fine. But when repack them this tool always create *.g0s file instead of *.dat file.
I am using like this:
MGSV_QAR_Tool 77d720e8d8714bc.dat -u -r -e2
and for repack:
MGSV_QAR_Tool 77d720e8d8714bc.inf -u -r -e2

Please help.
Whoops, seem like an oversight.
I've made an update that should fix it.
JRavens
beginner

Post by JRavens »

Tex wrote:So... the patch system added in the last.. patch. Any discussion?

Two .dat/qars in 'master/0/'. 01.dat is empty.

Couldn't get either tool to add a file to the empty 01.dat (gztool did nothing, said nothing, qartool crashed), but adding a (lua) file that wasn't previously in 00.dat worked using gztool.

Game loads fine with modified archive, but doesn't seem to read the modified file, instead using the main archive one. Double checked there, my modded 00.dat is different size from original 00.dat. reextracted my dat, yep the file I added is there, restored all files and added modded file to data1 and the modded file does its thing. Yet the modded patch dat doesn't. I don't get it.
Hey Tex,

Which file were you modding? I put modded some modded motherbase LUAs from data1 in and they worked in either 00.dat and 01.dat

See this mod I uploaded this morning:
http://www.nexusmods.com/phantompain/mods/8/

I was using the QAR tool (all hail Sergeanur keeper of the dark arts!) and just copied the hash lines I needed from one .ini to the other. Easy peasy. Maybe not all files are working in this manner?
Tex
veteran

Post by Tex »

Ah forgot to edit the inf line from data1/ to 01/ for QAR tool, can now get it packed (though qar tool is pretty crash happy when it doesnt find what it's expecting).

Also Gztool doesn't have this part of the path so thought maybe thats an issue there, or I'm doing something stupid there too lol.

Anyway, seems up and running with a modified 01.dat.

Thanks for the heads up JRavens, and good disclaimers on your mod.
XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc »

JRavens wrote:
Tex wrote:So... the patch system added in the last.. patch. Any discussion?

Two .dat/qars in 'master/0/'. 01.dat is empty.

Couldn't get either tool to add a file to the empty 01.dat (gztool did nothing, said nothing, qartool crashed), but adding a (lua) file that wasn't previously in 00.dat worked using gztool.

Game loads fine with modified archive, but doesn't seem to read the modified file, instead using the main archive one. Double checked there, my modded 00.dat is different size from original 00.dat. reextracted my dat, yep the file I added is there, restored all files and added modded file to data1 and the modded file does its thing. Yet the modded patch dat doesn't. I don't get it.
Hey Tex,

Which file were you modding? I put modded some modded motherbase LUAs from data1 in and they worked in either 00.dat and 01.dat

See this mod I uploaded this morning:
http://www.nexusmods.com/phantompain/mods/8/

I was using the QAR tool (all hail Sergeanur keeper of the dark arts!) and just copied the hash lines I needed from one .ini to the other. Easy peasy. Maybe not all files are working in this manner?
You should probably change the mod description. MGSV TPP userdata is 287700 not 311340. That's GZ
Tex
veteran

Post by Tex »

My main hunting at the moment is to get some kind of custom text output via lua code. There's plenty of references to print functions, but they all seem to be for debug builds of the game executable (likewise standard lui file io calls seem locked down), can't even find strings for the lua function references in the exe while I can for other funcs that are called from lua.

So that leaves the regular game text functions.

Subtitles seemed like a good first stab as there's given usage for custom text straight into the function (tppsubtitles.displaytext i think it was), and even though it was obviously also used for debugging there still seems to be a reference in the exe. But I can't get it to work. Maybe I'm doing something wrong (even though I've got direct example), maybe the function in the exe has some isdebug check that's killing it. Don't know.

Ok, so the announce log seems like the next best bet, no direct text function that I can find, but allows passing in of args (though I suspect string args are only more langId lookups).

The most used function boils down to a engine call:

TppUiCommand.AnnounceLogViewLangId(#some_id_string#)

Where the id string is along the lines of "announce_map_update".
Somewhere in there it gets to the .lng/2 file lookups, as seen here in tpp_announce_log.eng.lng2 (Thanks again for langtool atvaark.)

<Entry Key="225449528" Value="Map Info Updated" />

However there's also usually a voice announcement that goes along side it. So, given the data driven nature of the engine, where is the lookup table/missing link? No luck in a search-in-files of what I have extracted, though there may be a bunch I haven't actually converted.

A search for actual file names with 'announce' in them comes up with one fox2 file, that just a reference to a ui file, and a whole bunch of (/tpp/ui/*) *.ui* files.
Again I'm going to have to rely on you file format sleuths to see what's what, if anything, with the ui files.
DarknessValtier
beginner

Post by DarknessValtier »

PTE Jenkins wrote:
DarknessValtier wrote: right! open this file with HEX EDITOR, last lines you find the bone structure, "CNP_SNRROOT.SKL_642_SNIPER_SIM" this is the root of weapon on waist, to remove this weapon you just need blank rename to: "CNP_SNRROOT"
just this and the weapon disappear
I can't seem to find the CNP_SNRROOT.SKL_642_SNIPER_SIM line but I was able to find CNP_SNRROOT with no .anything after it. I tried removing the line entirely and all it seemed to do was also break the sniper rifle, and the primary still remained clipping in the stomach.
pay attention, have line similar: ANRROOT and SNRROOT
JRavens
beginner

Post by JRavens »

XrayDoc wrote:You should probably change the mod description. MGSV TPP userdata is 287700 not 311340. That's GZ
Gah! Thanks for the heads up.

Oddly it's still saving some TPP_ files (dated today) to 311340 as well...
DarknessValtier
beginner

I release soon
SniperWolf Mod
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlSH9JqhKD8
rensole
beginner

Post by rensole »

so can anyone help me with the texture thing ?
avikhandakar
ultra-n00b

Post by avikhandakar »

Sergeanur wrote:
avikhandakar wrote:When i extract a .dat (from xbox 360) file using qar tool, it works fine. But when repack them this tool always create *.g0s file instead of *.dat file.
I am using like this:
and for repack:

Please help.
Thanks. But now another problem. After repacking all file is changed inside *.dat. And game did not run. Hope u will fix this.

I unpack an original *.dat --> works fine
I repack from .inf --> now its make *.dat but
When i unpacking again --> It unpacking some gibberish *._unk file.
[Xbox360 version]
Last edited by avikhandakar on Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
HeartlessSeph
advanced

Post by HeartlessSeph »

Does anyone know where the Volgin model is in-game? I found the model of the man on fire when he was dead (no glows or anything) but I can't seem to find the human Volgin model anywhere in the files.
chiconspiracy
ultra-n00b

Post by chiconspiracy »

Sergeanur wrote:
I am using like this:
and for repack:

Please help.
Since the update, it seems it won't repack properly for me on PC, using this command which worked before:

C:\Steam\steamapps\common\MGS_TPP\master\MGSV_QAR_Tool data1.inf -r
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scratch that, something was weird with PowerShell, and a restart took care of it.
Last edited by chiconspiracy on Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
DarknessValtier
beginner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFqmAtxNNZA

PERFECT!
SniperWolf with original bones over bigboss, works perfect on cutscene and ingame, fixed the first person bug