Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Diablo II

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
vsouza
ultra-n00b

Diablo II

Post by vsouza »

Hello fellows...

I'm here to ask if you have in mind to suport how to extract the sprites of Diablo II.

Thanks.

Hugs,

vsouza.
friendsofwatto
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by friendsofwatto »

The Diablo/Diablo2 archives are quite complex, and they rely on specific passwords and filelists for the files within them - it would be a real pain to try and implement these games, thus the reason why we havn't really done anything with them.

Sorry about this :( - you can always jsut use a program called MPQUnpacker or something though - thats like the only tool that does it.

WATTO
[email protected]
http://www.watto.org
Game Extractor - Read and write thousands of game archives!
Rahly
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by Rahly »

yeah, actually i'm going to write a plugin for the new mexcom for Diablo MPQ file support, yes they are password specific, but i guess the password can be found in a O(n), which isn't too bad.
"By nature men are alike. Through practice they have become far apart." Confucius (Analect 17:2)
friendsofwatto
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by friendsofwatto »

Yeah I thought you mentioned before that you were going to d a plugin for this game - definately good luck to you on this one. And yes, I think you are right about the time to determine the password, because I think there was only a small number of possible passwords to try (like I think they only used passwords of length 6 or something, so there is only a relatively small number of possible combinations to try.

Oh, and I don't know if you have many specs on this format - I found a website a while back but it only had the first 1/2 of the specs online (the others were removed) so if you come across all the specs for this frmat then let me know hey - i wouldn't mind having them (even though I have no real intention of using them at the moment) :)

WATTO
[email protected]
Rahly
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by Rahly »

Actually, i decoded the assembly for the save game access of the first diablo, and figured out the format from that, since save games use the same format, but they are also password encrypted. I wrote down all the documentation.
"By nature men are alike. Through practice they have become far apart." Confucius (Analect 17:2)
friendsofwatto
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by friendsofwatto »

Cool cool, thats pretty impressive :) . I might try to find the documentation I downloaded anyway, see if it would be any use.

WATTO
[email protected]