Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
atvaark
advanced

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by atvaark »

rensole wrote:hey guys,

I tried unpacking the .dat files with GzsTool, but the tool opens and closes inmediately.
Am I missing something ?
XrayDoc wrote:
rensole wrote:hey guys,

I tried unpacking the .dat files with GzsTool, but the tool opens and closes inmediately.
Am I missing something ?
Didn't work for me, either. Just stick to QAR
If it doesn't extract anything then you are either passing in wrong arguments or some kind of error has occured. Just tell me how you start the tool and what gets printed to the console.

Or try saving the output to a file by starting it like this from the command line:
GzsTool.exe "..\master\data1.dat" >> info.log
Loomy
advanced

Post by Loomy »

amandabyyy wrote:
DarknessValtier wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkUZDoEgQm4
This is my Quiet mod over bigboss main costume, this mod use the entire Quiet skeleton.
editing some hex files i remove the weapon on chest and fixed the weapon on back.
Works perfect on cutscenes too!
I just started looking into this and I want to try and use Quiet's no-stockings model that Loomy posted a render of. Is that possible? Do we know which files represent that model?

I'm going to give it a shot so any help is appreciated up front :)
Using the model of Quiet posted earlier, im guessing its the wrong one as u can see urself, the right leg tex is messed up, as well as the ridge where teh back top string is, the texture itself i highlighted on right (found in textures2.dat). there is a couple versions, maybe different resolution, still looking for the normals and spec. will make it all look alot more realistic with these.

PS. its not render lol, its live interactive view ! using physical based render tool, like Marmoset Toolbag for example. could achieve similar effect with XNALara using 3 light source with the third directional and brighter with an orangish tint, including a soft blur with postprocessing filter. Gives some awesome results, and dont need to wait minutes, or hours in my case :p for a good render.

I would also love to find more models, but right now im stuck on how to convert FMDL to Obj, i heard its the Fox Model Tool, but where to get it ? i read above its been taken down for now, if anyone has the old one maybe ?

Im cleaning up the above model, and renaming parts proper, maybe adjust some of the uvs to work in the likes of daz studio/poser/motionbuilder, to rerig, or even modify a prerigged model with this mesh. easier said than done -.-

let me know if or how i can help
amandabyyy
beginner

Post by amandabyyy »

Loomy wrote:
amandabyyy wrote:
This is my Quiet mod over bigboss main costume, this mod use the entire Quiet skeleton.
editing some hex files i remove the weapon on chest and fixed the weapon on back.
I just started looking into this and I want to try and use Quiet's no-stockings model that Loomy posted a render of. Is that possible? Do we know which files represent that model?

I'm going to give it a shot so any help is appreciated up front :)
Using the model of Quiet posted earlier, im guessing its the wrong one as u can see urself, the right leg tex is messed up, as well as the ridge where teh back top string is, the texture itself i highlighted on right (found in textures2.dat). there is a couple versions, maybe different resolution, still looking for the normals and spec. will make it all look alot more realistic with these.

PS. its not render lol, its live interactive view ! using physical based render tool, like Marmoset Toolbag for example. could achieve similar effect with XNALara using 3 light source with the third directional and brighter with an orangish tint, including a soft blur with postprocessing filter. Gives some awesome results, and dont need to wait minutes, or hours in my case :p for a good render.

I would also love to find more models, but right now im stuck on how to convert FMDL to Obj, i heard its the Fox Model Tool, but where to get it ? i read above its been taken down for now, if anyone has the old one maybe ?

Im cleaning up the above model, and renaming parts proper, maybe adjust some of the uvs to work in the likes of daz studio/poser/motionbuilder, to rerig, or even modify a prerigged model with this mesh. easier said than done -.-

let me know if or how i can help
Yeah I realized it's probably another model to remove stockings. I'm looking for it right now.
Polpalca
ultra-n00b

Post by Polpalca »

Dunno whats the problem with GzsTool. Works fine for me (0.3.2 ver.), i just drag and drop .dat archive onto the .exe and it does its job. Same for the Qar tool.
Tex
veteran

Post by Tex »

GzsTool works fine for me.

But having trouble with LangTool. Won't run on the .lng2 files unless I renamed them to .lng, and even when I do the tool crashes with Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Non-negative number required.
Guessing a change in format from lng and langtool doesnt support it yet atvaark?
avikhandakar
ultra-n00b

Post by avikhandakar »

When i extract a .dat (from xbox 360) file using qar tool, it works fine. But when repack them this tool always create *.g0s file instead of *.dat file.
I am using like this:
MGSV_QAR_Tool 77d720e8d8714bc.dat -u -r -e2
and for repack:
MGSV_QAR_Tool 77d720e8d8714bc.inf -u -r -e2

Please help.
DarknessValtier
beginner

Post by DarknessValtier »

Higus wrote:
Could you tell us which files you altered to do this? Was it the fcnp?
right! open this file with HEX EDITOR, last lines you find the bone structure, "CNP_SNRROOT.SKL_642_SNIPER_SIM" this is the root of weapon on waist, to remove this weapon you just need blank rename to: "CNP_SNRROOT"
just this and the weapon disappear
rensole
beginner

Post by rensole »

ok so I finally got it running via drag and drop.
Now I want to use FTEXtool.exe and it doesnt work, same exact thing.

I open it and it closes inmediately.
I cant acces it via CMD either, get a command prompt after it. (the standerd C:\>....)

Is there another way of getting the textures? I'm specificly searching for the metal gear Sehalantropus's textures.
DarknessValtier
beginner

Post by DarknessValtier »

Download Metal Gear V The Phantom Pain Quiet Mod v0.1 - Over Bigboss (Works in cutscenes with original bones)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JXCbWwRpRk
amandabyyy
beginner

Post by amandabyyy »

I hope we can get some format info on fmdl and parts. I want to see how meshes are made hidden and viisible. I'm trying to figure that out right now.
Tex
veteran

Post by Tex »

So... the patch system added in the last.. patch. Any discussion?

Two .dat/qars in 'master/0/'. 01.dat is empty.

Couldn't get either tool to add a file to the empty 01.dat (gztool did nothing, said nothing, qartool crashed), but adding a (lua) file that wasn't previously in 00.dat worked using gztool.

Game loads fine with modified archive, but doesn't seem to read the modified file, instead using the main archive one. Double checked there, my modded 00.dat is different size from original 00.dat. reextracted my dat, yep the file I added is there, restored all files and added modded file to data1 and the modded file does its thing. Yet the modded patch dat doesn't. I don't get it.
avikhandakar
ultra-n00b

Post by avikhandakar »

Please someone reply me
atvaark
advanced

Post by atvaark »

Tex wrote:GzsTool works fine for me.

But having trouble with LangTool. Won't run on the .lng2 files unless I renamed them to .lng, and even when I do the tool crashes with Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Non-negative number required.
Guessing a change in format from lng and langtool doesnt support it yet atvaark?
lng2 are just big endianess lng files. You can unpack and repack them now with v0.2.2
https://github.com/Atvaark/FoxEngine.Tr ... l/releases
JRavens
beginner

Post by JRavens »

octopus wrote:Could anyone help me out?
I wondered, where should I poke for guns’ names? I’d like to make IRL names mod.
I've been looking for the same thing for days (and for the same reason), but whatever file contains all the strings used by the game doesn't seem to have been found :(

Hey guys a new folder labeled 0 (zero) appeared in my game folder containing 00.dat and 01.dat

These appear to be patched files (I assume this fixes the "Quiet bug" in those two specific missions)

I'm thinking you should be able to pack your changes into 00.dat AND/OR try a 02.dat etc to reduce file size and make downloads at Nexus, etc. more manageable and remove having to force the end user to unpack and repack their larger dat files. Worth investigating (please toss JRavens some credit in your mods readme if you use this idea THANKS! :) )

EDIT - OK so I tried editing some files and putting them into a 02.dat and the game did NOT pick up the changes. However adding them to 00.dat or 01.dat DID work and the game did show my changes. Currently 01.dat is empty (presumably for future patching so it looks like a good candidate for tucking your mods into until/if some other patch comes along)

PS - where is DLC stored? I'm kind of presuming the preorder DLC has it's own .dat files. Since I don't own any, I have no idea what/where those files are. Asking to see if there's room to expand mods using DLC naming conventions...
Last edited by Gh0stBlade on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post merge.
enyce
ultra-n00b

Post by enyce »

Anyone know how to only show up female soldiers/ female enemies in missions instead of males? That way you can recruit them all