Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
PTE Jenkins
n00b

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by PTE Jenkins »

Yeah but where are they exactly? I've been putting in; /Assets/tpp/chara/sna/Scenes/sna0_face0 to the dictionary and unpacking chunk0 and found nothing, I don't even think it's spitting it out, do you think you could upload your dictionary.txt for me? Thanks.
DMint
n00b

Post by DMint »

PTE Jenkins wrote:Yeah but where are they exactly? I've been putting in; /Assets/tpp/chara/sna/Scenes/sna0_face0 to the dictionary and unpacking chunk0 and found nothing, I don't even think it's spitting it out, do you think you could upload your dictionary.txt for me? Thanks.
Theyre in a few of the unlabeled fpk files that it spits out

ddef9aa7c02d.fpk
ba3078168e6d.fpk
2a5f83a94178.fpk
2615f9f58fe92.fpk

etc etc.

just batch extract them all and use the windows search
PTE Jenkins
n00b

Post by PTE Jenkins »

Cheers bruz but I'm a bit of a scrub, you reckon you could give us a peak at your .bat file for converting?

Man I really have no idea how to do this hexedit stuff, is it a certain bit of numbers I'm looking for or what?
DMint
n00b

Post by DMint »

PTE Jenkins wrote:Cheers bruz but I'm a bit of a scrub, you reckon you could give us a peak at your .bat file for converting?

Code: Select all

for %%x in (*.fpk *.fpkd) do MGSV_FPK_Tool %%x
if you make that into a batch and run it in the folder then itll extract them all for you but remember that everytime you replace a file in there you gotta remember the fpk name I just made a second batch script that was like

Code: Select all

MGSV_FPK_Tool ddef9aa7c0d2_fpk.inf
MGSV_FPK_Tool ba3078168e6d_fpk.inf
MGSV_FPK_Tool 2a5f83a94178_fpk.inf
MGSV_FPK_Tool 1ec23af4d25a9_fpk.inf
MGSV_FPK_Tool 15503d670f87b_fpk.inf
MGSV_FPK_Tool 20d715cca4312_fpk.inf
MGSV_FPK_Tool 373a0d18d1507_fpk.inf
MGSV_FPK_Tool 206c5f2255575_fpk.inf
MGSV_FPK_Tool 3700cdfa07d64_fpk.inf
MGSV_FPK_Tool 2a6d88360fe3c_fpk.inf
MGSV_FPK_Tool 24a40322ab9ff_fpk.inf
MGSV_FPK_Tool 2615f9f58fe92_fpk.inf
those are incidentally all the locations i found that have sna_face files in them
PTE Jenkins
n00b

Post by PTE Jenkins »

I can't seem to figure this hexediting stuff out, doctormint you mentioned you knew how to blank stuff out if I knew what file to replace yeah? I'm trying to get sna0_main0 (the default BDU model to be invisible) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/255 ... _main0.zip if I knew how a file with a invisible model looked I might be able to do it myself I dunno.
DMint
n00b

Post by DMint »

PTE Jenkins wrote:I can't seem to figure this hexediting stuff out, doctormint you mentioned you knew how to blank stuff out if I knew what file to replace yeah? I'm trying to get sna0_main0 (the default BDU model to be invisible) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/255 ... _main0.zip if I knew how a file with a invisible model looked I might be able to do it myself I dunno.
ive managed to get the original snake model invisible before but I lost the file. I'm trying to hex edit a character out right now actually but I don't know if I can do it consistently enough that I can give a guide its mostly just looking for patterns in the files and where you think the mesh data actually is. If I can get it working I'll make a tutorial on it or just post my blanked out character model

oh yeah issue with making the normal snake file invisible is that there's still a base part of the head that I have no clue how to get rid of. It seems like the best way to insert a custom character is to use a DDS (diamond dogs soldier?) file because they have no heads so you can swap in a character with whom ever you want.
nudifyher
ultra-n00b

Post by nudifyher »

nudifyher wrote:Trying to find Quiet's "naked" texture. Anyone care to help?
I've tried extracting the dds from ftex files but failed. For ftexs it doesn't show anything while for ftex files it gives me this error: http://i.imgur.com/p0q5n9H.png
I've used Ftex Tool v0.3

Thank you.
You need the ftex main file and all the corresponding ftexes to open it if it crashes like that then you're probably missing a part of the file. Sometimes it's also stored in different texture.dat files and if the unpacking tool doesnt label them properly it can get pretty difficult to find.[/quote]

I think I'm gonna give up, no nude mod today. I couldn't even find a qui folder... tried to extract the files from the folder dds (see screen)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DMint
n00b

Post by DMint »

nudifyher wrote: I think I'm gonna give up, no nude mod today. I couldn't even find a qui folder... tried to extract the files from the folder dds (see screen)
You probably wouldn't be able to put it back in game even if you found the files because when you convert a dds back into an ftex then it usually makes more files then the thing originally had and you can't get it back into the folder
nudifyher
ultra-n00b

Post by nudifyher »

When do you think this will be doable? Anytime soon?
PTE Jenkins
n00b

Post by PTE Jenkins »

DMint wrote:ive managed to get the original snake model invisible before but I lost the file. I'm trying to hex edit a character out right now actually but I don't know if I can do it consistently enough that I can give a guide its mostly just looking for patterns in the files and where you think the mesh data actually is. If I can get it working I'll make a tutorial on it or just post my blanked out character model

oh yeah issue with making the normal snake file invisible is that there's still a base part of the head that I have no clue how to get rid of. It seems like the best way to insert a custom character is to use a DDS (diamond dogs soldier?) file because they have no heads so you can swap in a character with whom ever you want.
Oh huh, but you still have to nullify the body mesh though correct? if that's the case then a file of an invisible dd_male and dd_female fpk would be very useful for future modding. Also I assume the diamond dogs soldiers head files look something like dds_face_m/f or something?
DMint
n00b

Post by DMint »

PTE Jenkins wrote:
DMint wrote:ive managed to get the original snake model invisible before but I lost the file. I'm trying to hex edit a character out right now actually but I don't know if I can do it consistently enough that I can give a guide its mostly just looking for patterns in the files and where you think the mesh data actually is. If I can get it working I'll make a tutorial on it or just post my blanked out character model

Oh huh, but you still have to nullify the body mesh though correct? if that's the case then a file of an invisible dd_male and dd_female fpk would be very useful for future modding. Also I assume the diamond dogs soldiers head files look something like dds_face_m/f or something?
yeah i agree an invisible dd_female and male would be useful unfortunately theyre just labeled by number and I can't tell which is female or male. As for the heads I'm actually not sure where they are either I haven't seen any files that look similiar but I'm willing to bet they at least start with dds like the rest of the files
PTE Jenkins
n00b

Post by PTE Jenkins »

Maybe Shigu has one/is working on one. or could tell us a bit more about how he did it.
Sergeanur
advanced

Post by Sergeanur »

Higus wrote:
Sergeanur wrote:
Higus wrote:Also please do fix the "win"/"ste" header issue with the fpk tool, it's so annoying with tpp having to correct it manually after every change.
Umm, what issue? Totally fine on my end.
It's an issue that will leave the game with crashes when trying to repack, extracting works fine.

Atvaark noticed it too (an update on one of his tools):
Fixes in v0.3.2
Fpk/Fpkd files will now have the correct TPP header ('win' instead of 'ste')
Actually, this was fixed a long time ago.
Sergeanur wrote:MGS V FPK Tool v1.1
Updated FPK Tool now supports console versions.
Higus
advanced

Post by Higus »

Sergeanur wrote:Actually, this was fixed a long time ago.
Sergeanur wrote:MGS V FPK Tool v1.1
Updated FPK Tool now supports console versions.
Yeah it seems I somehow ended up downloading an outdated version somewhere from this thread. My bad.
PTE Jenkins wrote:Maybe Shigu has one/is working on one. or could tell us a bit more about how he did it.
I released the quiet mods, just rip into those files to know how I did it.
http://www.nexusmods.com/phantompain/mods/6/
Last edited by Higus on Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
PTE Jenkins
n00b

Post by PTE Jenkins »

Do you think you could save us a bit of the grunt work and make a dd_male and dd_female file that's invisible?

Anybody figure out where these dudes are at by chance?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =516188040

The Diamond Dogs that somewhat resemble the ocelot unit.