Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
DMint
n00b

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by DMint »

CaptianKnuckles wrote:
PTE Jenkins wrote:So have any of you figured out how to get around the stomach cavity gun bug for player model swaps? I'm 99 percent sure it's because npc's lack a bone the player models have, but it's weird in GZ the gun just disappeared instead of getting stuck in the stomach, untill we get model exporting and reimporting tools in which we can edit the bone itself the only feasible workaround I could think of is getting the gun to disappear, anyone have any idea how we could go around doing that?

Tried doing a xof model swap a couple days ago;
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 131B36935/
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 6AFC06514/
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 78B218E8D/
How'd you manage to do that? I've asked ShiguWorks on YT, he's given me some instructions but I cant even seem to get model swaps working.

Could you upload the XOF guy for me? I'd really like to try the Prologue mission since IIRC there aren't even primary weapons in that mission.
Could you post the instructions? Maybe I can figure them out
XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc »

Higus wrote:
XrayDoc wrote:Guys I've been working pretty hard looking through these files for neat characters, but I just can't find one I really want to find. Quiet from the intro/ending, I want to find her model so I can replace it. If anyone finds it please post the file location since I shared a bunch with you guys here. Thanks!
Since you didn't cling your own findings to yourself...
currently unnamed "2a5f83a94178.fpk" in chunk0.dat: "Assets\tpp\chara\qui\Scenes\qui1_main0_def.fmdl"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf2z9b8g9fE
I fixed the gun-stomach bug and first person aiming bug by placing the Quiet model over a head model, then nulling out the mesh data in the main body model via hex edit.
Thanks you so much! I just love sharing the stuff I find with others since no one else likes to share when I search for stuff.
XrayDoc wrote:
Higus wrote:
XrayDoc wrote:Guys I've been working pretty hard looking through these files for neat characters, but I just can't find one I really want to find. Quiet from the intro/ending, I want to find her model so I can replace it. If anyone finds it please post the file location since I shared a bunch with you guys here. Thanks!
currently unnamed "2a5f83a94178.fpk" in chunk0.dat: "Assets\tpp\chara\qui\Scenes\qui1_main0_def.fmdl"
I fixed the gun-stomach bug and first person aiming bug by placing the Quiet model over a head model, then nulling out the mesh data in the main body model via hex edit.
Thanks you so much! I just love sharing the stuff I find with others since no one else likes to share when I search for stuff.
Hmmm. When I try putting another model over it it doesn't seem to change her model. I'll keep trying, maybe the Kaz file isn't working that I found?
Last edited by Gh0stBlade on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post merge.
DMint
n00b

Post by DMint »

XrayDoc wrote:
Hmmm. When I try putting another model over it it doesn't seem to change her model. I'll keep trying, maybe the Kaz file isn't working that I found?
Yeah it seems like there's a ton of duplicates spread out everywhere so it could be that the one you're replacing isn't the one that you actually see in that moment
nudifyher wrote:Trying to find Quiet's "naked" texture. Anyone care to help?
I've tried extracting the dds from ftex files but failed. For ftexs it doesn't show anything while for ftex files it gives me this error: http://i.imgur.com/p0q5n9H.png
I've used Ftex Tool v0.3

Thank you.
You need the ftex main file and all the corresponding ftexes to open it if it crashes like that then you're probably missing a part of the file. Sometimes it's also stored in different texture.dat files and if the unpacking tool doesnt label them properly it can get pretty difficult to find.
XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc »

DMint wrote:
XrayDoc wrote:
Yeah it seems like there's a ton of duplicates spread out everywhere so it could be that the one you're replacing isn't the one that you actually see in that moment
nudifyher wrote:Trying to find Quiet's "naked" texture. Anyone care to help?
I've tried extracting the dds from ftex files but failed. For ftexs it doesn't show anything while for ftex files it gives me this error: http://i.imgur.com/p0q5n9H.png
I've used Ftex Tool v0.3

Thank you.
You need the ftex main file and all the corresponding ftexes to open it if it crashes like that then you're probably missing a part of the file. Sometimes it's also stored in different texture.dat files and if the unpacking tool doesnt label them properly it can get pretty difficult to find.
I found the problem, the XOF skin only works for mission 0, not mission 46. To get the scene I wanted I just had to replay the first mission. I'll be uploading my hilarious video shortly! Trust me, it's something to look forward to.
atvaark
advanced

Post by atvaark »

I was busy updating my tools toolset to the new formats:
GzsTool v0.3.2 works with the new dat/qar, fpk, fpkd and pftxs files now. Just repacking pftxs is left to implement.
FtexTool v0.3.0 recieved a temporary fix. Smaller mipmaps that can't be read decompressed correctly are ignored for now.
FoxEngine.TranslationTool works with new lng, new ffnt and subp files now. Also supports unpacking the kanji and arabic ffnt files now.
FoxTool v0.2.2.1 is unchanged as it appears to still work correctly.
XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc »

Higus
advanced

Post by Higus »

Sergeanur wrote:
Higus wrote:Also please do fix the "win"/"ste" header issue with the fpk tool, it's so annoying with tpp having to correct it manually after every change.
Umm, what issue? Totally fine on my end.
It's an issue that will leave the game with crashes when trying to repack, extracting works fine.

Atvaark noticed it too (an update on one of his tools):
Fixes in v0.3.2
Fpk/Fpkd files will now have the correct TPP header ('win' instead of 'ste')
-------
DMint wrote:
Higus wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf2z9b8g9fE
Could you post your sna0_main1_def.fmdl or whatever the snake model you replaced it with? I'm having trouble finding out what is specifically the mesh data inside these files to 0 out
This invisible fmdl I did was on a female motherbase member, for female proportions. This "workaround" is very unstable and I haven't had much better results than what's here. For example I've never gotten decent results out of Ocelot, I end up with one issue or another, such as ridiculous facial rigging errors.
DMint
n00b

Post by DMint »

DMint wrote:
Higus wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf2z9b8g9fE
Could you post your sna0_main1_def.fmdl or whatever the snake model you replaced it with? I'm having trouble finding out what is specifically the mesh data inside these files to 0 out
Higus wrote:This invisible fmdl I did was on a female motherbase member, for female proportions. This "workaround" is very unstable and I haven't had much better results than what's here. For example I've never gotten decent results out of Ocelot, I end up with one issue or another, such as ridiculous facial rigging errors.
Ahh I see! Could you tell me what the file name of the female motherbase member fmdl is? I'm not sure what to look for for that. Also which one of Snake's head models did you replace with the Quiet model? I tried sna0_face0_cov.fmdl but it just messes up the character's face so I'm assuming that I got the file wrong.
Last edited by DMint on Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maxunit
n00b

Post by Maxunit »

How much of Metal Gear Solid V's Gameplay Mechanis are done in LUA and what might be done in C++?

If enough is done in LUA, wouldn't it be possible to add specific Characters to be assign-able to the Combat Platform for selection in the Mission Screen, same for Clothing/Armor Pieces?

I know, that modding MGSVTPP pretty much just started, not all file names are parsed/extracted right now and a lot of stuff needs to be found with spending a good amount of time..but still.

Example:

Instead of Model Swapping Quiet onto Snake or someone else, why not remove the Brig-Only Restriction, make her assignable to the Combat Unit and therefor selectable in the Mission Screen.

Just an idea, but I haven't done any modding for Ground Zeroes or The Phantom Pain so far.
MrMadMadMan
ultra-n00b

Post by MrMadMadMan »

Can I please get a link to the latest .FPK tool? Mine seems outdated and freezes the game after I replace the original with the the repacked file.

Thanks in advance.

edit: typos
slowbeatle
ultra-n00b

Post by slowbeatle »

Higus wrote:
downloads please?
PTE Jenkins
n00b

Post by PTE Jenkins »

Higus wrote: Since you didn't cling your own findings to yourself...
I know this is a bit of a bother but could you possibly maybe write a in depth tutorial on how you actually did this? More specifically on where the head's actually are and how to nullify mesh with hex edit.
CaptianKnuckles wrote:
How'd you manage to do that? I've asked ShiguWorks on YT, he's given me some instructions but I cant even seem to get model swaps working.

Could you upload the XOF guy for me? I'd really like to try the Prologue mission since IIRC there aren't even primary weapons in that mission.
The xof_soldier fpk is in the mission2/common folder in chunk 0, you unpack that fpk, unpack whatever player model you wanted to replaces fpk, replace it's files with the xof files (rename then n all) repack the player model fpk, repack chunk0 baddabingbaddaboom.
DMint
n00b

Post by DMint »

PTE Jenkins wrote:
Higus wrote: Since you didn't cling your own findings to yourself...
I know this is a bit of a bother but could you possibly maybe write a in depth tutorial on how you actually did this? More specifically on how to nullify mesh with hex edit.
I know how to blank out the mesh if you know what file to replace
PTE Jenkins
n00b

Post by PTE Jenkins »

DMint wrote: I know how to blank out the mesh if you know what file to replace
Thing is I have no fucking clue where the head files are, I don't even think I have them in my dictionary file, if someone that's found them could link me the paths it'd be much appreciated.
DMint
n00b

Post by DMint »

PTE Jenkins wrote:
DMint wrote: I know how to blank out the mesh if you know what file to replace
Thing is I have no fucking clue where the head files are, I don't even think I have them in my dictionary file, if someone that's found them could link me the paths it'd be much appreciated.
I'm pretty sure they're called sna0_face atleast that's what I've been experimenting with but they havent proved promising I Think I might have got it though