Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
CzlowiekDrzewo
n00b

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by CzlowiekDrzewo »

Anyway to extract audio? I could use the cassettes music.
Alo81
n00b

Post by Alo81 »

Tex wrote:Here's some more names for the qar dictionary Sergeanur, manually scrounged from the lua files as I was perusing them. That puts me down to 6 unknown .lua files in data1.dat, can you/anyone else confirm?

http://pastebin.com/jK27pyHm

Also, to repeat my earlier post, there's some odd code in 5cdf10bda663.lua, now known as TppVarInit.lua , the first 7 lines.

Code: Select all

local e={}
local i=Tpp.IsTypeFunc
local n=Tpp.IsTypeTable
local i=Tpp.IsTypeString
local i=Tpp.IsTypeNumber
local i=bit.bnot
local i,i,i=bit.band,bit.bor,bit.bxor
Repeatedly declaring a variable with the same name, in the same scope. That can't be right.
Even if it was just assignment instead of declaration, it's not actually using the variable between assignments.
Anyway the last line is particularly damning, multiple declaration assignment, using the same name.

So what's going on?
Could you post your full dictionary.txt file? I know I've been building mine up but it seems like you've probably got a better compiled version than mine.
XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc »

XrayDoc wrote:Guys I've been working pretty hard looking through these files for neat characters, but I just can't find one I really want to find. Quiet from the intro/ending, I want to find her model so I can replace it. If anyone finds it please post the file location since I shared a bunch with you guys here. Thanks!
Bumping this again. Please tell me if anyone has found the quiet xof model location. I'm trying to put a Kaz model on her.
Higus
advanced

Post by Higus »

XrayDoc wrote:Guys I've been working pretty hard looking through these files for neat characters, but I just can't find one I really want to find. Quiet from the intro/ending, I want to find her model so I can replace it. If anyone finds it please post the file location since I shared a bunch with you guys here. Thanks!
Since you didn't cling your own findings to yourself...
currently unnamed "2a5f83a94178.fpk" in chunk0.dat: "Assets\tpp\chara\qui\Scenes\qui1_main0_def.fmdl"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf2z9b8g9fE
I fixed the gun-stomach bug and first person aiming bug by placing the Quiet model over a head model, then nulling out the mesh data in the main body model via hex edit.
VoliPanda
n00b

Post by VoliPanda »

Folks, I'm looking for Snake's prosthetic arm. Even with the name I couldn't find it...
Was anyone able to find it? I think the filename was sna0_arm0_cov.fmdl or something similar to that.
Would greatly appreciate if anyone could share with me.
Thanks once again.
nudifyher
ultra-n00b

Post by nudifyher »

Trying to find Quiet's "naked" texture. Anyone care to help?
I've tried extracting the dds from ftex files but failed. For ftexs it doesn't show anything while for ftex files it gives me this error: http://i.imgur.com/p0q5n9H.png
I've used Ftex Tool v0.3

Thank you.
Higus
advanced

Post by Higus »

VoliPanda wrote:Folks, I'm looking for Snake's prosthetic arm. Even with the name I couldn't find it...
Was anyone able to find it? I think the filename was sna0_arm0_cov.fmdl or something similar to that.
Thanks once again.
chunk0's currently unnamed "3b872a19bdc48.fpk"
Jax765
n00b

Post by Jax765 »

Does anyone have a link to a tutorial for replacing Snake's character model in TPP?

Also, is it possible to replace, say, the headband option with Snake's head model from Ground Zeroes?
ankhadu
ultra-n00b

Post by ankhadu »

Higus wrote:
currently unnamed "2a5f83a94178.fpk" in chunk0.dat: "Assets\tpp\chara\qui\Scenes\qui1_main0_def.fmdl"
I fixed the gun-stomach bug and first person aiming bug by placing the Quiet model over a head model, then nulling out the mesh data in the main body model via hex edit.
Thanks for sharing that with us. Have you been successful in swaping NPC models? I tried swaping Quiet with Ocelot but it doesn't seem to work.
Last edited by ankhadu on Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VoliPanda
n00b

Post by VoliPanda »

Higus wrote:
VoliPanda wrote:Folks, I'm looking for Snake's prosthetic arm. Even with the name I couldn't find it...
Thanks once again.
chunk0's currently unnamed "3b872a19bdc48.fpk"
Thanks for the hint man! With your help I was able to finish my model!
crash2317
ultra-n00b

Post by crash2317 »

cra0 wrote:
crash2317 wrote:Pretty tough challenge, i know. Should i presume your answer as a "NO" or "MOST LIKELY NOT"?
Firstly it's hard to debug the application unlike before when it had vmprotect you could just load ollydbg with anti-vm settings now we need to deal with Denuvo Anti-Tamper I'm sure 3DMGAME's bypass works I have yet to test it but it's hard debugging the game on PC. 2ndly the bone issue comes down to how they handle their matrix system the bone rotation data is stored in a quaternion format which to convert to Euler angles there is a million different ways as there can be many differences someone needs to figure this out and I have no time at the moment.
In quaternions? Are sure? Cuz if that's true, this game is the first to store bone's rotation in quaternions (which is weird).
Higus
advanced

Post by Higus »

ankhadu wrote:
Higus wrote:
Thanks for sharing that with us. Have you been successful in swaping NPC models? I tried swaping Quiet with Ocelot but it doesn't seem to work.
I have not attempted anything like that. If I do, you'll see it on my youtube channel from the aforementioned yt video.
DMint
n00b

Post by DMint »

Higus wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf2z9b8g9fE
Could you post your sna0_main1_def.fmdl or whatever the snake model you replaced it with? I'm having trouble finding out what is specifically the mesh data inside these files to 0 out

-edit-

I managed to get most of the body gone i just can't get rid of the face theres an over lapping kinda boney face with no nose
Last edited by DMint on Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaptianKnuckles
n00b

Post by CaptianKnuckles »

PTE Jenkins wrote:So have any of you figured out how to get around the stomach cavity gun bug for player model swaps? I'm 99 percent sure it's because npc's lack a bone the player models have, but it's weird in GZ the gun just disappeared instead of getting stuck in the stomach, untill we get model exporting and reimporting tools in which we can edit the bone itself the only feasible workaround I could think of is getting the gun to disappear, anyone have any idea how we could go around doing that?

Tried doing a xof model swap a couple days ago;
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 131B36935/
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 6AFC06514/
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 78B218E8D/
How'd you manage to do that? I've asked ShiguWorks on YT, he's given me some instructions but I cant even seem to get model swaps working.

Could you upload the XOF guy for me? I'd really like to try the Prologue mission since IIRC there aren't even primary weapons in that mission.
emoose
beginner

Post by emoose »

I've been going through files and getting as many filenames as I could, also used lists from here to make this: https://mega.nz/#!lFlzlaAI!zTbOXlTO5SfV ... 0w-yIP4RLs
12MB dictionary file, gives names for every .lua file except one (3d01fb65682e6.lua, nothing seems to reference it, looks sorta like an older version of TppDevelopFile.lua)
A lot of the fpk/fpkd/pftxs files are named too but there's still loads left unnamed, can't seem to find where references to these are stored, maybe in some of the other compressed files.
There's a lot of duplicates in here, haven't had time to go through them, if anyone wants to clean it up please do :)