Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
ManWhoSoldTheWorld
ultra-n00b

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by ManWhoSoldTheWorld »

Hello there !

Is there anybody who can provide some step by step tutorial to do a decent model swap on TPP ? I tried to do it myself but it seems that I'm doing something wrong since my game freezes when I change my outfit for the one I swapped. I tried a couple of things already, changing the fpks alone, then unpack the fpks and swap the files in it with the one I want then repack. The thing is that I don't really know what I should do exactly to make it work.

Anyone to help a poor nub in need ? Would be appreciated. Thanks !
Higus
advanced

Post by Higus »

zSydor wrote:
mokuna wrote:I want to remove the ak -.-
Christ almighty, somebody please help find this model.
XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc »

So I know how to turn Snake into other character skins, but has anyone found a way to put models on other characters. Specifically, I need to find a way to put Kaz or Ocelot on Quiet.
mokuna
ultra-n00b

Post by mokuna »

zSydor wrote:
mokuna wrote:Hi,
first of all thank you for doing these tools! They are invaluable.

I have been trying to swap characters model in TPP, specifically in the first Cyprus mission but I haven't been able to. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, and I'm not even sure why what I am apparently doing wrong doesn't cause the game to crash. I'm trying to figure out the logic behind all this modding so if someone could help fill in what I'm missing that would be very appreciated.

The steps I'm doing are:

1) In the SteamLibrary TPP folder there is a directory called "master" that contains a file called chunk0.dat. I run that into MGSV_QAR_Tool.exe with the -r flag and get a chunk0 folder.
2) chunk0 contains a "chunk0\Assets\tpp\pack\fova\chara" folder that has various subfolders called dct (I assume "doctor"), ish ("Ishmael"), nrs ("nurse") and so on
3) I go to e.g. the nrs folder and take "nrs0_main0_v00.fpk" from there. I extract the fpk file using MGSV_FPK_Tool.exe
4) I expected these files to have fcnp/fmdl/frdv files, instead I just found .fv2 files in there. Anyway, I swapped these .fv2 with the .fv2 files found in Ocelot's fpk in master\chunk1\Assets\tpp\pack\fova\chara\oce
5) I use the .inf file to pack again the nrs0_main0_v00.fpk and then chunk0.inf to pack again the whole chunk0
6) Restart the game, nothing seems to change

After doing this, I assumed that those were not the right files. After some digging I found master\chunk0\Assets\tpp\pack\mission2\common that contains mis_com_ocelot.fpk and mis_com_nurse.fpk as well as other things like mis_com_snake_cypr.fpk

Again I tried extracting the fpk which this time contained fcnp/fmdl/frdv files and I swapped the ones within Ocelot's fpk into the other two, then again did step 5 and 6. No change.

I'm a bit stumped right now on what I might be missing and if there are other steps. It's of course possible that these are not the right file, but I'm almost positive that is the cyprus folder and I can't imagine any other thing a file called mis_com_snake_cypr.fpk could refer to.

Another question I have is also that while I was trying to figure this out I just swapped fpk files between themselves without first extracting them. Considering that the extracted content of these files seems very different in folders name/structure I am wondering: why did doing this not cause the game to crash? I assume it would end up trying to read assets that are not there.

Also if anyone could point me in the right direction where to figure out why some files have fcnp/fmdl/frdv files inside them and other contains just fv2s I'd be grateful. Googling hasn't shed any light for me yet.

Sorry for the many questions and thanks in advance.
I tried only with \MGS_TPP\master\chunk0\Assets\tpp\pack\player\parts and it's working, i am trying your folder now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwN5Idy32JY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJayJ9o1PIU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCQLxabuiks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjtNdKubVJ4

I want to remove the ak -.-
Tried MGS_TPP\master\chunk0\Assets\tpp\pack\player\parts and it's working for me too. I managed to play as Ocelot.

I'm guessing my folders don't work because they are not the correct ones? I have no idea where the NPCs might be then. I'll try extracting more fpks tonight.

Still wondering about what fv2 vs fcnp/fmdl/frdv files are though.
Tyjo Zuhac
ultra-n00b

Post by Tyjo Zuhac »

I legitimately followed every set of instructions I could find in order to attempt the endgame Quiet mod, but when I open the TPPStory.lua file to edit it, it's giving me only 511 lines of this.

Can someone please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? I've seen nothing in two days of searching that indicates the need for a different converter or anything. I've downloaded more vaguely related tools than I can count, and nothing has worked so far.
Last edited by Tyjo Zuhac on Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc »

I found Psycho Mantis Image
avikhandakar
ultra-n00b

Post by avikhandakar »

Is there any way to play this game from an external hdd? I got xbox 360 slim 4gb arcade edition and i have no internal hdd. thanks.
mokuna
ultra-n00b

Post by mokuna »

XrayDoc wrote:I found Psycho Mantis
Where was he?
XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc »

mokuna wrote:
XrayDoc wrote:I found Psycho Mantis
Where was he?
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\MGS_TPP\master\chunk0\Assets\tpp\pack\mission2\common\mis_com_mantis.fpk

I can't get Kaz to work but I've seen someone use him as the doctor

Can someone PLEASE tell me where to find the Ishmael model? I've looked everywhere but can't find the files, I want to swap the model for a funny intro scene.
Last edited by Gh0stBlade on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post merge.
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

Are there any filenames for the sbp banks?
XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc »

Ishmael: MGS_TPP\master\chunk0\Assets\tpp\pack\mission2\story\s10010\s10010_l01.fpk

After extracting the fpk: s10010_l01_fpk\Assets\tpp\chara\ish\Scenes

OH SHIT I FOUND IT I FOUND ORIGINAL BIG BOSS

MGS_TPP\master\chunk0\Assets\tpp\pack\mission2\story\s10010\s10010_s06.fpk

After unpack: s10010_s06_fpk\Assets\tpp\chara\sna\Scenes
XrayDoc wrote:OH SHIT I FOUND IT I FOUND ORIGINAL BIG BOSS

MGS_TPP\master\chunk0\Assets\tpp\pack\mission2\story\s10010\s10010_s06.fpk

After unpack: s10010_s06_fpk\Assets\tpp\chara\sna\Scenes

Extracting with the latest QARs seems to not work with TPP since it doesn't add the -r. To fully extract:

Open cmd.exe and type this or your variant of it (check to see which drive it is downloaded on and what you named your QAR tool)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MGS_TPP\master\MGSV_QAR_Tool.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MGS_TPP\master\data1.dat" -r

Press enter and see if it works. If it doesn't check the names of your files and your path. My QAR tool may be named differently.
Last edited by Gh0stBlade on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Quad post merge.
cra0
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by cra0 »

So many more bones to go....
Getting there though... then textures need to find links to the actual textures
odrin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by odrin »

anyone able to get disguises working? make the player character model replace the chickenhat or maybe the stealth camo
crash2317
ultra-n00b

Post by crash2317 »

cra0 wrote:Image

So many more bones to go....
Getting there though... then textures need to find links to the actual textures
I know it's hard (if not impossible) but i've got to ask: are you able to get each bone's skinning information along with their rotation data (can't watch them facing single axis)?
XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc »

Guys I've been working pretty hard looking through these files for neat characters, but I just can't find one I really want to find. Quiet from the intro/ending, I want to find her model so I can replace it. If anyone finds it please post the file location since I shared a bunch with you guys here. Thanks!