Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
chiconspiracy
ultra-n00b

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by chiconspiracy »

laszers wrote:
chiconspiracy wrote:
I found how to edit specific weapons. Each weapon has a designated number which can be used to find them. There are three files we are interested in, using the dragunov like gun "60203" in the files below:

1. 39375763ab913: This file shows the magazine size and total ammo size, and can be used to find certain weapons. I knew the dragunov copy had 8 rounds in the magazine, so it was easy to find: {TppEquip.EQP_AM_60203,8,121,TppEquip.BL_Rf762mmSniperMag} *note, i changed the total ammo size after the magazine size here
2. 213fd1c038491: This file shows the components of the weapons, what kind of barrel they have, optics, and what I think are recoil and force values. I haven't messed with this too much yet, but found "{TppEquip.RC_60203,TppDamage.ATK_60203,72,79,53,25}", one of many references to "60203"

3. 2f343d3e6eea4: This lua file has the specific weapon damage. I only had time to test a few, but I changed the gun that looks like a dragunov sniper rifle to have increased damage in the following line: {TppDamage.ATK_60203,3600,3000,500,0,0,2100,2100,TppDamage.INJ_TYPE_BULLET,TppDamage.INJ_PART_ALL,100,40,2,2,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,TppDamage.DAM_SOURCE_Sniper,3600,0,1200}
I figured as much that those numbers correlated to a specific weapon or form of attack. My only problem at this point, is there a way to find out the correlation by using something other than mag size? as that is very limiting. If not I may just change each weapons mag size 1 - whatever and and take down which is which for a chart. Also what is the difference in all of the numbers for damage? If I can edit DAM_SOURCE's two numbers, and get the desire damage, why change the others? Are they all added together?
I still have to test more, but it seems in the third file, the first number (3600) after the weapon ID number is damage, and the rest correspond to other weapon values. The reason you would do this, is that weapons use ammo broadly, ex, sniper rifle ammo vs assault rifle ammo. For realism, there is a gun, I think it's called the UN ARC, which is a 7.62 rifle that uses "assault" ammo, and should do comparable damage to the sniper rifles (a bit less since it has a shorter barrel). As it is, it behaves exactly like a 5.56 assault rifle, which is nonsense.

Edit* I'm also trying to confirm which the "impact force" is since it's stupidly high on sniper rifles. They seem to be of the opinion that a bullet doesn't cut through people, but acts like a hammer. Also, further testing is needed to figure out what the "TppDamage.IN_Part_ALL" does exactly.
JAEGERHOUND
ultra-n00b

Post by JAEGERHOUND »

Relatively new to the forum, just wanted to drop by and get an idea of something I wanted to ask. When do you think the tools for decrypting cinematic parts of TPP data will be released?

The entire MGS community all over the world are relying on you guys so they can decode the MSX tapes for very important information. Who knows what lies in them, but they sure must be important ;)
slowbeatle
ultra-n00b

Post by slowbeatle »

VoliPanda wrote:
slowbeatle wrote:
VoliPanda wrote:Greetings everyone.

I'm new to this community and wanted to ask a little for help. I'm currently looking for Phantom Pain's 3D models. Is it possible to find them in the files? Has anyone found out their location and which format are they on? Plus is there any way to convert them in to a .obj format?
Currently looking for the main characters + NPCs aka Big Boss/Snake, Quiet, Ocelot, D-Dog, D-Walker, Kojima. Doesn't have to the be entire character + animations, all I want is their meshes in standard pose. I plan to add bones later and make some nice poses haha.
A great thanks for the ones that made the QARtool and the ftexttool possible. Currently extracting all game files to see what I can find.

Great thanks in advance, and sorry if I can't post/ask for stuff like this :B

Edit1: Okay, so I found out about the .fpk files and it's tool in this topic. Judging by what's inside, I think that the fmdl file is the one that I might be looking for. Am I corrent? If so, how can I open/convert this file?
Can you share the root of the different characters please?
Here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/53tb6gpythh0f ... rs.7z?dl=0
Thanks to Sergeanur, cra0 and JayK's script, I managed to extract these meshes. They have some weird bones along, but I'm still trying to work with them...
After quite some time doing research, I also found gun objects, such as pistols, assault rifles, SMGs, Rocket Launchers and Bears!
Still looking for D-Dog and Kojima though :/
Wow thanks man! Much appreciated :)

What's The string you used to replace snakes original files (like The battle armor or solid snake outfit maybe)

Also, any luck getting quiet from the intro? (Loose hair and Black uniform)
laszers
ultra-n00b

Post by laszers »

chiconspiracy wrote:
laszers wrote:
chiconspiracy wrote:
I found how to edit specific weapons. Each weapon has a designated number which can be used to find them. There are three files we are interested in, using the dragunov like gun "60203" in the files below:

1. 39375763ab913: This file shows the magazine size and total ammo size, and can be used to find certain weapons. I knew the dragunov copy had 8 rounds in the magazine, so it was easy to find: {TppEquip.EQP_AM_60203,8,121,TppEquip.BL_Rf762mmSniperMag} *note, i changed the total ammo size after the magazine size here
2. 213fd1c038491: This file shows the components of the weapons, what kind of barrel they have, optics, and what I think are recoil and force values. I haven't messed with this too much yet, but found "{TppEquip.RC_60203,TppDamage.ATK_60203,72,79,53,25}", one of many references to "60203"

3. 2f343d3e6eea4: This lua file has the specific weapon damage. I only had time to test a few, but I changed the gun that looks like a dragunov sniper rifle to have increased damage in the following line: {TppDamage.ATK_60203,3600,3000,500,0,0,2100,2100,TppDamage.INJ_TYPE_BULLET,TppDamage.INJ_PART_ALL,100,40,2,2,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,TppDamage.DAM_SOURCE_Sniper,3600,0,1200}
I figured as much that those numbers correlated to a specific weapon or form of attack. My only problem at this point, is there a way to find out the correlation by using something other than mag size? as that is very limiting. If not I may just change each weapons mag size 1 - whatever and and take down which is which for a chart. Also what is the difference in all of the numbers for damage? If I can edit DAM_SOURCE's two numbers, and get the desire damage, why change the others? Are they all added together?
I still have to test more, but it seems in the third file, the first number (3600) after the weapon ID number is damage, and the rest correspond to other weapon values. The reason you would do this, is that weapons use ammo broadly, ex, sniper rifle ammo vs assault rifle ammo. For realism, there is a gun, I think it's called the UN ARC, which is a 7.62 rifle that uses "assault" ammo, and should do comparable damage to the sniper rifles (a bit less since it has a shorter barrel). As it is, it behaves exactly like a 5.56 assault rifle, which is nonsense.

Edit* I'm also trying to confirm which the "impact force" is since it's stupidly high on sniper rifles. They seem to be of the opinion that a bullet doesn't cut through people, but acts like a hammer. Also, further testing is needed to figure out what the "TppDamage.IN_Part_ALL" does exactly.
Are you sure its overall damage on that? on each weapon it has a different entry, also some of the entries are different values, meaning if you set the damage to 1500, I dont think it would do that for all of that type since there is a different entry on each one and some have different values based on each weapon it seems. Also the whole reason I was interested in the damage was the fucking UN ARC and sniper rifles, not a fan of hitting someone in the chest 5 times with 7.62x51mm NATO and them looking at me like I through sand at their feet lol.
CaptianKnuckles
n00b

Post by CaptianKnuckles »

If anyone is able to make it so the old Motherbase members from Ground Zeroes, and the XOF Soldier (Mainly want the XOF guy) in TPP can replace snake and work without that (Gun-through-stomach bug), I'd appreciate it.
Sorry if I sound like an annoying pest.
chiconspiracy
ultra-n00b

Post by chiconspiracy »

laszers wrote: Are you sure its overall damage on that? on each weapon it has a different entry, also some of the entries are different values, meaning if you set the damage to 1500, I dont think it would do that for all of that type since there is a different entry on each one and some have different values based on each weapon it seems. Also the whole reason I was interested in the damage was the fucking UN ARC and sniper rifles, not a fan of hitting someone in the chest 5 times with 7.62x51mm NATO and them looking at me like I through sand at their feet lol.
I am certain I have altered max damage. I have roughly doubled the power of all 762 sniper rifles so they actually kill an unarmored enemy with chest shot, and matched the UN ARC to that. I'm now trying to identify which is impact force, maximum effective range, shot grouping, ect.
DarknessValtier
beginner

Post by DarknessValtier »

Someone please give me the trash code of Quiet? i extracted the chunk0 and on the folder have many trash codes PKG, i want the code of Quiet, someone can help me?
holdenmcclure
ultra-n00b

Post by holdenmcclure »

Does anyone know which LUA files are for Sortie related stuff? I'm unsure if the sortie files are getting unpacked as I cannot find anything like that. I'm trying to make a Subsistence mod and I've gotten all the groundwork done except for getting rid of that phase, as it's pointless considering it ignores whatever sortie loadout you choose.
Tex
veteran

Post by Tex »

So what am I missing about the Lua files in FPKs? I extracted them with MGSV_FPK_Tool, then tried to run MGSV_ResDec on them but it just says 'This file is not encrypted'.
mokuna
ultra-n00b

Post by mokuna »

Hi,
first of all thank you for doing these tools! They are invaluable.

I have been trying to swap characters model in TPP, specifically in the first Cyprus mission but I haven't been able to. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, and I'm not even sure why what I am apparently doing wrong doesn't cause the game to crash. I'm trying to figure out the logic behind all this modding so if someone could help fill in what I'm missing that would be very appreciated.

The steps I'm doing are:

1) In the SteamLibrary TPP folder there is a directory called "master" that contains a file called chunk0.dat. I run that into MGSV_QAR_Tool.exe with the -r flag and get a chunk0 folder.
2) chunk0 contains a "chunk0\Assets\tpp\pack\fova\chara" folder that has various subfolders called dct (I assume "doctor"), ish ("Ishmael"), nrs ("nurse") and so on
3) I go to e.g. the nrs folder and take "nrs0_main0_v00.fpk" from there. I extract the fpk file using MGSV_FPK_Tool.exe
4) I expected these files to have fcnp/fmdl/frdv files, instead I just found .fv2 files in there. Anyway, I swapped these .fv2 with the .fv2 files found in Ocelot's fpk in master\chunk1\Assets\tpp\pack\fova\chara\oce
5) I use the .inf file to pack again the nrs0_main0_v00.fpk and then chunk0.inf to pack again the whole chunk0
6) Restart the game, nothing seems to change

After doing this, I assumed that those were not the right files. After some digging I found master\chunk0\Assets\tpp\pack\mission2\common that contains mis_com_ocelot.fpk and mis_com_nurse.fpk as well as other things like mis_com_snake_cypr.fpk

Again I tried extracting the fpk which this time contained fcnp/fmdl/frdv files and I swapped the ones within Ocelot's fpk into the other two, then again did step 5 and 6. No change.

I'm a bit stumped right now on what I might be missing and if there are other steps. It's of course possible that these are not the right file, but I'm almost positive that is the cyprus folder and I can't imagine any other thing a file called mis_com_snake_cypr.fpk could refer to.

Another question I have is also that while I was trying to figure this out I just swapped fpk files between themselves without first extracting them. Considering that the extracted content of these files seems very different in folders name/structure I am wondering: why did doing this not cause the game to crash? I assume it would end up trying to read assets that are not there.

Also if anyone could point me in the right direction where to figure out why some files have fcnp/fmdl/frdv files inside them and other contains just fv2s I'd be grateful. Googling hasn't shed any light for me yet.

Sorry for the many questions and thanks in advance.
Robhood19
ultra-n00b

Post by Robhood19 »

hello everybody thanks for your great work, could anyone point me in a direction as to where i can find quiets textures, and also is there a tool to extract the fmdl file to mesh?
Tex
veteran

Post by Tex »

Looking at some lua files and they seem pretty borked.

From 5cdf10bda663, the first 7 lines.

Code: Select all

local e={}
local i=Tpp.IsTypeFunc
local n=Tpp.IsTypeTable
local i=Tpp.IsTypeString
local i=Tpp.IsTypeNumber
local i=bit.bnot
local i,i,i=bit.band,bit.bor,bit.bxor
Repeatedly declaring a variable with the same name, in the same scope. That ain't right.
Even if it was just assignment instead of declaration, not actually using the variable.
Anyway the last line is particularly damning, a multiple declaration assignment, using the same name.

From what I read here the lua files in TPP are compiled unlike GZ? So this would be a case of whatever function of QAR Tool uses to decompile going wrong?
Berdanes
ultra-n00b

Post by Berdanes »

Hi, what with the parameter FOV? In fpkd files, now there is no CameraAroundParams.lua with the camera settings. Has anyone found a solution?
zSydor
ultra-n00b

Post by zSydor »

mokuna wrote:Hi,
first of all thank you for doing these tools! They are invaluable.

I have been trying to swap characters model in TPP, specifically in the first Cyprus mission but I haven't been able to. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, and I'm not even sure why what I am apparently doing wrong doesn't cause the game to crash. I'm trying to figure out the logic behind all this modding so if someone could help fill in what I'm missing that would be very appreciated.

The steps I'm doing are:

1) In the SteamLibrary TPP folder there is a directory called "master" that contains a file called chunk0.dat. I run that into MGSV_QAR_Tool.exe with the -r flag and get a chunk0 folder.
2) chunk0 contains a "chunk0\Assets\tpp\pack\fova\chara" folder that has various subfolders called dct (I assume "doctor"), ish ("Ishmael"), nrs ("nurse") and so on
3) I go to e.g. the nrs folder and take "nrs0_main0_v00.fpk" from there. I extract the fpk file using MGSV_FPK_Tool.exe
4) I expected these files to have fcnp/fmdl/frdv files, instead I just found .fv2 files in there. Anyway, I swapped these .fv2 with the .fv2 files found in Ocelot's fpk in master\chunk1\Assets\tpp\pack\fova\chara\oce
5) I use the .inf file to pack again the nrs0_main0_v00.fpk and then chunk0.inf to pack again the whole chunk0
6) Restart the game, nothing seems to change

After doing this, I assumed that those were not the right files. After some digging I found master\chunk0\Assets\tpp\pack\mission2\common that contains mis_com_ocelot.fpk and mis_com_nurse.fpk as well as other things like mis_com_snake_cypr.fpk

Again I tried extracting the fpk which this time contained fcnp/fmdl/frdv files and I swapped the ones within Ocelot's fpk into the other two, then again did step 5 and 6. No change.

I'm a bit stumped right now on what I might be missing and if there are other steps. It's of course possible that these are not the right file, but I'm almost positive that is the cyprus folder and I can't imagine any other thing a file called mis_com_snake_cypr.fpk could refer to.

Another question I have is also that while I was trying to figure this out I just swapped fpk files between themselves without first extracting them. Considering that the extracted content of these files seems very different in folders name/structure I am wondering: why did doing this not cause the game to crash? I assume it would end up trying to read assets that are not there.

Also if anyone could point me in the right direction where to figure out why some files have fcnp/fmdl/frdv files inside them and other contains just fv2s I'd be grateful. Googling hasn't shed any light for me yet.

Sorry for the many questions and thanks in advance.
I tried only with \MGS_TPP\master\chunk0\Assets\tpp\pack\player\parts and it's working, i am trying your folder now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwN5Idy32JY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJayJ9o1PIU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCQLxabuiks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjtNdKubVJ4

I want to remove the ak -.-
Last edited by zSydor on Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rensole
beginner

Post by rensole »

VoliPanda wrote:
slowbeatle wrote:
VoliPanda wrote:Greetings everyone.

I'm new to this community and wanted to ask a little for help. I'm currently looking for Phantom Pain's 3D models. Is it possible to find them in the files? Has anyone found out their location and which format are they on? Plus is there any way to convert them in to a .obj format?
Currently looking for the main characters + NPCs aka Big Boss/Snake, Quiet, Ocelot, D-Dog, D-Walker, Kojima. Doesn't have to the be entire character + animations, all I want is their meshes in standard pose. I plan to add bones later and make some nice poses haha.
A great thanks for the ones that made the QARtool and the ftexttool possible. Currently extracting all game files to see what I can find.

Great thanks in advance, and sorry if I can't post/ask for stuff like this :B

Edit1: Okay, so I found out about the .fpk files and it's tool in this topic. Judging by what's inside, I think that the fmdl file is the one that I might be looking for. Am I corrent? If so, how can I open/convert this file?
Can you share the root of the different characters please?
Here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/53tb6gpythh0f ... rs.7z?dl=0
Thanks to Sergeanur, cra0 and JayK's script, I managed to extract these meshes. They have some weird bones along, but I'm still trying to work with them...
After quite some time doing research, I also found gun objects, such as pistols, assault rifles, SMGs, Rocket Launchers and Bears!
Still looking for D-Dog and Kojima though :/
Thanks so much for these, did you have any luck finding the new metal gear and/or Battle gear? (yes there are two different things now haha).