Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Ganonmaster
ultra-n00b

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by Ganonmaster »

Sergeanur wrote:
ghelter wrote:So unfortunately everything isn't sorted into nice little folders anymore. Will there be any way to track down individual files for camera settings or something?
It's all sorted in a same way, you just need to know the names and add them into dictionary.
Is there a way for noobs to sort out the filenames? I'm looking for a couple of different files but I'd hate to bug you guys for them. I can find my way around command line tools, but I'm not sure how to go about looking for filenames and adding them to the dictionary. Any help would be appreciated.
Alo81
n00b

Post by Alo81 »

Wanted to post a big thanks to you Serge.

Using the unpacker I was able to disable FXAA, I'm gonna try injecting SMAA later.

FXAA ON Extra High
FXAA OFF Extra High
twalrus
ultra-n00b

Post by twalrus »

I am trying to navigate through the files myself, but I have really limited knowledge about any of this, but could someone who knows better than me figure out of to increase the draw distance of shadows or point me to the line where I can change that? This mod http://www.nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidv/mods/11/? did something like that and it points to a file location which is also present in TPP, but I doubt using the same file provided will work on TPP when it was made for GZ. The shadow draw distance seems way too low, but at the very least I'd like to experiment with different values.
Alo81
n00b

Post by Alo81 »

twalrus wrote:I am trying to navigate through the files myself, but I have really limited knowledge about any of this, but could someone who knows better than me figure out of to increase the draw distance of shadows or point me to the line where I can change that? This mod http://www.nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidv/mods/11/? did something like that and it points to a file location which is also present in TPP, but I doubt using the same file provided will work on TPP when it was made for GZ. The shadow draw distance seems way too low, but at the very least I'd like to experiment with different values.
Heres the file you want: data1\Fox\Scripts\Gr\gr_init_dx11.lua

My recommendation for how to determine what to edit: Compare the vanilla Ground Zeroes version of that file to the modified one, there you can see all of the differences. From that point, you know which settings to change to get an improvement.

Look up the Notepad++ Compare plugin to make it easier to do.
davidhender
ultra-n00b

Post by davidhender »

atvaark wrote:I updated my ftex unpacking/repacking tool to allow unpacking TPP textures:
https://github.com/Atvaark/FtexTool/releases

Due to some changes smaller mip maps fail to decompress correctly.

whenever I try to unpack a pftxs file I get

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the e
nd of the stream.
at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadInt32()
at PftxsTool.Psub.PsubFile.Read(Stream input)
at PftxsTool.Pftxs.PftxsFile.Read(Stream input)
at PftxsTool.Program.UnpackPftxFile(String path)
at PftxsTool.Program.Main(String[] args)
twalrus
ultra-n00b

Post by twalrus »

Alo81 wrote:
twalrus wrote:I am trying to navigate through the files myself, but I have really limited knowledge about any of this, but could someone who knows better than me figure out of to increase the draw distance of shadows or point me to the line where I can change that? This mod http://www.nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidv/mods/11/? did something like that and it points to a file location which is also present in TPP, but I doubt using the same file provided will work on TPP when it was made for GZ. The shadow draw distance seems way too low, but at the very least I'd like to experiment with different values.
Heres the file you want: data1\Fox\Scripts\Gr\gr_init_dx11.lua

My recommendation for how to determine what to edit: Compare the vanilla Ground Zeroes version of that file to the modified one, there you can see all of the differences. From that point, you know which settings to change to get an improvement.

Look up the Notepad++ Compare plugin to make it easier to do.
Using the Compare plugin you recommended I did find some things to increase which I think did make some improvement, shadows still do not load until you get sort of close, on Extra High of course. I poked around on my own past what the GZ mod did and still couldn't find much. Guess I will wait until someone else figures it out. Also I think there is a line in the data1\Fox\Scripts\Gr\gr_init_dx11.lua file that allows a higher quality version of telephone/electricity wires (Regardless of what they really are,) to be loaded in at greater distance, though I didn't mess with that setting I think it could be used to get rid of some of the aliasing that happens when you are looking at the wires from a long distance due to the wires being loaded as a 2D object rather than the 3D one that loads when you get a little closer. Once again I really have no idea how to go about that but I hope someone else figures out some cool graphical improvements that can be made from that file, or whatever file.
atvaark
advanced

Post by atvaark »

davidhender wrote:
atvaark wrote:I updated my ftex unpacking/repacking tool to allow unpacking TPP textures:
https://github.com/Atvaark/FtexTool/releases

Due to some changes smaller mip maps fail to decompress correctly.

whenever I try to unpack a pftxs file I get

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the e
nd of the stream.
at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadInt32()
at PftxsTool.Psub.PsubFile.Read(Stream input)
at PftxsTool.Pftxs.PftxsFile.Read(Stream input)
at PftxsTool.Program.UnpackPftxFile(String path)
at PftxsTool.Program.Main(String[] args)
Like I already said on the previous page. The file format has changed and my tools haven't been updated yet.
I have already written a script to unpack the ftex and ftexs files from the pftxs archives and will perhaps release a fix this weekend.
Alo81
n00b

Post by Alo81 »

How do we go about finding file names to add to dictionary.txt?

I'm looking for the equivalent of "Assets\tpp\pack\player\parts\plparts_sna2_main0_def_v00" files so that I can try to figure out an FoV modification.

I've looked through the PS3 bin included but even using that path structure to the files doesn't seem to turn up the file when put into the dictionary file.
Pepper
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Pepper »

Alo81 wrote:Wanted to post a big thanks to you Serge.

Using the unpacker I was able to disable FXAA, I'm gonna try injecting SMAA later.

FXAA ON Extra High
FXAA OFF Extra High
You will probably need to put the SMAA shader code in a format the game will take (is it lua still or am I thinking of something else?) in place of the FXAA one and repack, game uses a differed (versus a more normal "forward") rendering system that screws up all injectors I've tried external to game files.
Alo81
n00b

Post by Alo81 »

Pepper wrote:
Alo81 wrote:Wanted to post a big thanks to you Serge.

FXAA ON Extra High
FXAA OFF Extra High
You will probably need to put the SMAA shader code in a format the game will take (is it lua still or am I thinking of something else?) in place of the FXAA one and repack, game uses a differed (versus a more normal "forward") rendering system that screws up all injectors I've tried external to game files.
I actually ended up getting it to work using Sfx 1.5.1 SMAA. Its just the coverage isn't as great as I would hope, though it is better than the default FXAA implementation I think. It's certainly sharper at the very least.

Comparison:
AA Off

Default FXAA

Sfx injected SMAA
laszers
ultra-n00b

Post by laszers »

So while im not new to modding, I am 100% new to the metal gear scene. Would someone be kind enough to point me in the direction of weapon damage parameters?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by laszers on Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
atvaark
advanced

Post by atvaark »

Alo81 wrote:How do we go about finding file names to add to dictionary.txt?

I'm looking for the equivalent of "Assets\tpp\pack\player\parts\plparts_sna2_main0_def_v00" files so that I can try to figure out an FoV modification.

I've looked through the PS3 bin included but even using that path structure to the files doesn't seem to turn up the file when put into the dictionary file.
These are the filenames I could pull out of the PC archives:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Atvaa ... mes_pc.txt

Be aware that there will be lots of invalid filenames, lots of substrings of filenames and could use some more cleanup.
Alo81
n00b

Post by Alo81 »

atvaark wrote:
Alo81 wrote:How do we go about finding file names to add to dictionary.txt?

These are the filenames I could pull out of the PC archives:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Atvaa ... mes_pc.txt

Be aware that there will be lots of invalid filenames, lots of substrings of filenames and could use some more cleanup.
Thanks for that link, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to line up with the specific files I'm trying to yank out.

I threw this at the top of the dictionary.txt file:

Code: Select all

/Assets/tpp/pack/player/parts/plparts_sneaking_suit.fpk
and it didn't get spit out the otherside when I ran the unpacking.
Sergeanur
advanced

Post by Sergeanur »

Alo81 wrote:I threw this at the top of the dictionary.txt file:

Put it in without .fpk in the end, just

/Assets/tpp/pack/player/parts/plparts_sneaking_suit
Alo81
n00b

Post by Alo81 »

Sergeanur wrote:
Alo81 wrote:I threw this at the top of the dictionary.txt file:

Put it in without .fpk in the end, just

/Assets/tpp/pack/player/parts/plparts_sneaking_suit
I've tried that as well already and unfortunately it still doesn't get found.

In fact, I even just tried it again, copying and pasting it exactly as you wrote it and still no dice.