Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Yu-Gi-Oh power of chaos all 3 versions *.dat files

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Rancher
ultra-n00b

Re: Yu-Gi-Oh power of chaos all 3 versions *.dat files

Post by Rancher »

I need help with decompiling the files inside .dat file of this game. I attached two .bin files with card descriptions: a binary and a decompiled one I found on Google (I don't know if the content is the same; this game has a lot of mods floating around the net), binary .txt files (I found a decompiled version of "list_card.txt" here) and .yga one. Please help me decompile and recompile them back. Thank you in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
admirzuza
ultra-n00b

Post by admirzuza »

how to compress files back after decompressing?

decompression works fine, but compression doesnt work (several bytes are missing)

in attached zip file u will find original compressed file (card_desceng_compressed), file after being decompressed (card_desceng_decompressed), and file being compressed back again but with different size thn original (card_desceng_compress2)..

NOTE: nothing has been changed inside files during compression/decompression

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chuckthetekkie
ultra-n00b

Post by chuckthetekkie »

I know this is an old thread but does anyone know how to extract/decompress/decrypt the *.yga files? *.ygc?
kiemkhach
ultra-n00b

Post by kiemkhach »

Hi!, I know this is an old thread but recently I found the perfect compress and uncompress functions. I found it on a guy's github called "pku-translation" for another game, luckily his algorithm works fine for YGO-POC (seems like these 2 games have the same development team), it is written in C#. link: https://github.com/pku-translation/root ... se/LZSS.cs
I tried it on both list_card.txt and card_desceng.bin files. after uncompress and re-compress, the resulting file and the original fille are exactly the same.
Last edited by kiemkhach on Sun May 21, 2023 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
kiemkhach
ultra-n00b

Re:

Post by kiemkhach »

smernesto wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:50 pm Hi.

I am the creator of yu gi oh extractor, I was reading the forum.

If you have more information about how works the files in the game please write me at [email protected].

I never knew how read the text files in the game.

Bye

Ernesto Gutierrez Arrazola
Hi Ernesto Gutierrez Arrazola! I already read your code for yu gi oh extractor, It nice to understand.
I am trying to add new features for your app as "add new file to .data file", "replace file dont care file size", "un-compress and re-compress file"