Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Perfect Dark Xbla Models extraction

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Vivi
ultra-n00b

Perfect Dark Xbla Models extraction

Post by Vivi »

Hello, everyone. I am new to the whole Perfect Dark mapping, and modeling But not in general. I was wondering deeply. And I mean deeply, if it was such possible to obtain the models from PD xbla. I'm came as far as to (I guess) opend the pd xbla file by copying it to a usb drive, and using a program to open the one file with no extension. And came across this file named: "PackedSegFile"... its another file with no extension, but I've read this file contains the maps and, or models data. problem is, how do I access it. Not sure if anyone's attempted such fate. But if you have, PLEASE let me know. I is desperate. (Not really) but it would be nice.

you can download the containments of what was in the "xbla game file from xbox." If that made sense. So you'll know what I'm talking about.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/y1aogp...ped%29.zip

so far its seems like the Packsegfile needs some major attention.
Vivi
ultra-n00b

Re: Perfect Dark Xbla Models extraction

Post by Vivi »

are you [removed] purposely ignoring this thread? or is this place just dead?
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 »

Vivi wrote:are you [removed] purposely ignoring this thread? or is this place just dead?
and did YOU notice your given link IS dead? ("Invalid or Deleted File.")
(Anyway, I'd be surprised if anyone would try to help you out with such a speech... :roll: )
Tuts: a) Bigchillghost, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
b) Extracting simple models: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
"Quoting the whole thing. Would u ever stop this nonsense?"
Vivi
ultra-n00b

Post by Vivi »

well damn, you saw the link when it was valid [removed] 82 damn times, what was I supposed to do?!

btw, I WAS looking to pay someone to do it for me. yeah, willingly.
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 »

Vivi wrote:well damn, you saw the link when it was valid fxxxing 82 damn times, what was I supposed to do?!

btw, I WAS looking to pay someone to do it for me. yeah, willingly.
so there were 82 downloaders?
If noone answered it's very likely that noone had a solution. As simple as that.

btw: this is a hobbyists' forum. We are working just for fun not for money.
Tuts: a) Bigchillghost, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
b) Extracting simple models: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
"Quoting the whole thing. Would u ever stop this nonsense?"
Vivi
ultra-n00b

Post by Vivi »

great do I have to do everything by myself?!!! ARAGGHH! the [removed] answer is: yes!!
frogz2007
advanced

Post by frogz2007 »

Grow up.
barti
veteran

Post by barti »

Vivi wrote:great do I have to do everything by myself?!!! ARAGGHH! the fucking answer is: yes!!
Cry me a river, some people's requests here go unanswered for months and you have the nerve to throw a hissy fit after one day.
Also the link could've never worked since you couldn't even be bothered to copy it properly ("..." in the middle).

And as shakotay said, I doubt anyone's going to bother helping you with that attitude.
frogz2007
advanced

Post by frogz2007 »

barti wrote:
Vivi wrote:great do I have to do everything by myself?!!! ARAGGHH! the fucking answer is: yes!!
Cry me a river, some people's requests here go unanswered for months and you have the nerve to throw a hissy fit after one day.
Also the link could've never worked since you couldn't even be bothered to copy it properly ("..." in the middle).

And as shakotay said, I doubt anyone's going to bother helping you with that attitude.
Exactly. You just about nailed it. He has some nerve to call us "bitches" when it was not even 2 days after the topic was made. Hell, I make topics sometimes and they go unanswered and you don't see me throwing a fit over it. Goodness.