Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dark Souls FLV file

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Dark Souls FLV file

Post by zaramot »

Ah, that's sad, since I don't have time for that now. And by errors you mean wrong rotations of bones? If yes, then I didn't solve this issue yet for all models, some are fine some are not xD
Making model-import scripts, PM
dibe91
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by dibe91 »

if I can still ask for one thing, you may only download files? it took me a long time to load and I do not think it was useless .... http://www.mediafire.com/download/r6xjl ... part+1.rar
dibe91
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by dibe91 »

a question about dark souls 2, there is someone who is able to open their archives file version pc? I start to get some model!
TehDave
advanced

Post by TehDave »

zaramot wrote:Ah, that's sad, since I don't have time for that now. And by errors you mean wrong rotations of bones? If yes, then I didn't solve this issue yet for all models, some are fine some are not xD
Yeah, weights are still fine on most Demon's Souls models, but bones are out of position like Dragon God's wings. the bones are also named randomly based on what order the script process imports the bones in, so even if you import the same mesh into two different max files the bone names will be different, and as you can imagine this makes piecing together armor sets a hassle because you get overlapping bones due to the same bones in each mesh you import into the scene being named differently.

So fixing those alone would be a massive improvement. Kind of wish I had the time and knowhow to do this sort of thing myself.
dibe91
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by dibe91 »

I found the map files of dark souls. I wish I could upload to 3d studio max. there is a way to do it?
dibe91
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by dibe91 »

zaramot would have time to devote to what I asked you?
nyxo
advanced

Post by nyxo »

It's taken me a really long time, but I finally got DSMODT to the point where it can be used by the general public.

Right now, it's deliberately restricted to editing weapon meshes/textures only, but this will be expanded upon now that the core framework is in place.

Download here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/381 ... T_v0.4.zip
~Nyxo~
||| Twitter ||| Youtube |||
dibe91
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by dibe91 »

very interesting section cosplay but there are problems with the faces of the NPC. there is always basic and without eyes. can you solve it?
nyxo
advanced

Post by nyxo »

Fixing that would require integrating with FaceGen, the technology used to morph the face during character creation. That would be a very involved endeavour with very small take-away, so I have deliberately left that undone, however it _is_ on my TODO list as a lower priority item.
~Nyxo~
dibe91
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by dibe91 »

I understand .... I'm looking for the model from the flask but can not find it! you know what it's called in the data store? and plan to place in the future of the model information? for example the name on? I would make a list of weapons so they do not have to waste time in looking at them one by one
nyxo
advanced

Post by nyxo »

I've never thought about the flask, or where it's stored. Since it doesn't fall under any of the categories that DSMODT supports, I suppose it must be stored elsewhere. I've never looked~

In the future I plan to add more information about models, such as vertex count, bone information, etc..

What do you mean "make a list of weapons so they do not have to waste time in looking at them one by one"? DSMODT lists all weapons by their in-game names (if they have one), which should make them as easy as possible to find...
~Nyxo~
dibe91
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by dibe91 »

when I take a model of a weapon from the game, are written type WP_a_0100 etc ... and so I have to open them one by one to find the weapon that I want!
nyxo
advanced

Post by nyxo »

Where are you getting the WP_A_0100 value from, that you're trying to cross-reference it with the real name shown in DSMODT?
~Nyxo~
dibe91
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by dibe91 »

your program tells me the name they have in the game, but I want the name that the programming that.
nyxo
advanced

Post by nyxo »

And what I'm saying is that you shouldn't _need_ that. Hence why I'm asking where you're getting it from? There is very possibly another solution to this.
~Nyxo~