Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Darko »

New Tamakiki dlc has some good resources for modding:
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

mralex wrote:
The default.xex has to decrypt with xex tool ?

So, i need to find the uncompressed value of ayane_hair003 and the ayane_hair004 and change in chara_common the ayane_hair003 value isn't it?

Edit
---------------------------------------------

more or less what I have to do, but do not understand much about hex editing :/
Yes, default.xex has to be decrypted then reencrypted after you are done editing.

For starters you only need to fine values for ayane_hair003.TMC and ayane_hair003.TMCL. Try just one hair set first to get the hang of it

Hex is just a different numbering system. You can use the basic windows calculator in Programmer mode to convert values between Decimal & Hex. I'd recommend HxD if you haven't started working with a hex editor yet.

Hah, Darko you beat me to it. I just hopped on here once I discovered that. Momiji & Nyotengu have full torso/pelvis as well. Lisa too has full torso, but that's old news. Still needing a Honoka mesh. :(
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

Protocol X27 wrote:
mralex wrote:
The default.xex has to decrypt with xex tool ?

So, i need to find the uncompressed value of ayane_hair003 and the ayane_hair004 and change in chara_common the ayane_hair003 value isn't it?

Edit
---------------------------------------------

more or less what I have to do, but do not understand much about hex editing :/
Yes, default.xex has to be decrypted then reencrypted after you are done editing.

For starters you only need to fine values for ayane_hair003.TMC and ayane_hair003.TMCL. Try just one hair set first to get the hang of it

Hex is just a different numbering system. You can use the basic windows calculator in Programmer mode to convert values between Decimal & Hex. I'd recommend HxD if you haven't started working with a hex editor yet.

Hah, Darko you beat me to it. I just hopped on here once I discovered that. Momiji & Nyotengu have full torso/pelvis as well. Lisa too has full torso, but that's old news. Still needing a Honoka mesh. :(
Yep, they haven't released any complete model of honoka.
VeiX
ultra-n00b

Post by VeiX »

With TW DLC now we can have a complete base models for Momiji, Nyotengu, Marie and Helena
All we need is a slight adjustment or swap chest area from other models

I already made Momiji before and this is no difference than what I have done
Anyway, time to update her to the final version :-D and working on Nyotengu base <3
mralex
n00b

Post by mralex »

I used HxD to modify the DOA5LR for pc, also for xbox360, another thing is when i put some mods 360ver. and choose tag team with costume modding, crash the game :/
for now i only play with the mods in single player mode and sometimes also crash the game.
Lilstormcloud
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Lilstormcloud »

what they're doing with clothes break only for x1 and p4 is so annoying. if could get hands on X1 clothes break model can probably just port the thing to PC.

problem is getting hands on the model.
Rosalin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Rosalin »

Well, hitomi got really great one on new DLC.
Others are not that new.
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

mralex wrote:
I used HxD to modify the DOA5LR for pc, also for xbox360, another thing is when i put some mods 360ver. and choose tag team with costume modding, crash the game :/
for now i only play with the mods in single player mode and sometimes also crash the game.
If it works normally or in versus, than you probably did it right. I did see that happen before in survival or something where it could still crash. It is possibly that overriding hair is having a conflict with other costumes. Some containers had collision data, so if the AI uses a costume that has a conflict with that hair as a default it might crash.

Either way, nice job if you figured it out. :)
Lilstormcloud wrote:what they're doing with clothes break only for x1 and p4 is so annoying. if could get hands on X1 clothes break model can probably just port the thing to PC.

Yeah, I'm more hopeful of PS4, but either way, who knows how long it'll take for those to be cracked. I like how PC got some visual improvements, but hate how it's missing some stuff too. :-/

Starting to get the hang of injection. It is faster with stuff available minus the unneeded extra step of having to modify the 360 files first. Would be nice if someone could finish a PC importer/exporter ;)

I'm thinking about how to make an auto injector happen, no promises on a delivery time, etc, but it should be possible...
syasuker
beginner

Post by syasuker »

Protocol X27 wrote:
mralex wrote:
If it works normally or in versus, than you probably did it right. I did see that happen before in survival or something where it could still crash. It is possibly that overriding hair is having a conflict with other costumes. Some containers had collision data, so if the AI uses a costume that has a conflict with that hair as a default it might crash.

Either way, nice job if you figured it out. :)
Lilstormcloud wrote:what they're doing with clothes break only for x1 and p4 is so annoying. if could get hands on X1 clothes break model can probably just port the thing to PC.

Yeah, I'm more hopeful of PS4, but either way, who knows how long it'll take for those to be cracked. I like how PC got some visual improvements, but hate how it's missing some stuff too. :-/

Starting to get the hang of injection. It is faster with stuff available minus the unneeded extra step of having to modify the 360 files first. Would be nice if someone could finish a PC importer/exporter ;)

I'm thinking about how to make an auto injector happen, no promises on a delivery time, etc, but it should be possible...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7e1kb ... er_0.1.zip
there are "for Blender tmcmesh Importer-Exporter"
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

syasuker wrote: http://www.mediafire.com/download/7e1kb ... er_0.1.zip
there are "for Blender tmcmesh Importer-Exporter"
Thanks, that's awesome. I didn't know one existed. I guess now is how do I get it to work? Which version of Blender is this for?

I'm using Blender 2.74 as a release candidate. I dropped the files into a scripts folder and pointed to that folder in settings, but I don't understand what's next since the notes are JP. I went into Add-ons and Import-Export, but the scripts or options for tmcmesh are not showing.
navmesh
beginner

Post by navmesh »

Some tmc (dead or alive 5 last round pc) can't be extracted by archivarius2 , such as momiji dlcu 021.tmc (358140.lnk)
Please tell me is there anyway to extract it ?
Thanks
Ghost1705
ultra-n00b

Post by Ghost1705 »

I loaded the latest Version of Blender. Think its Version 2.75. Works great.

I dont have expierience with Blender, so i tried export to different Format like obj or fbx to use in 3dsmax. But this gives me Problems with the Scale Format of the Mesh. Then i export the TMCMesh directly from Noesis as obj. Now i got the right Scale Format. Modifed an Swimsuit and used the Tmc Tools to insert the Mesh back. Looks great in Noesis. But Ingame its just an Static Mesh that follow the Pelvis Area :(

In another Forum i read that i have to transfer the vertex weights. But how?
Sorry for my poor English
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

Ghost1705 wrote:I loaded the latest Version of Blender. Think its Version 2.75. Works great.

I dont have expierience with Blender, so i tried export to different Format like obj or fbx to use in 3dsmax. But this gives me Problems with the Scale Format of the Mesh. Then i export the TMCMesh directly from Noesis as obj. Now i got the right Scale Format. Modifed an Swimsuit and used the Tmc Tools to insert the Mesh back. Looks great in Noesis. But Ingame its just an Static Mesh that follow the Pelvis Area :(

In another Forum i read that i have to transfer the vertex weights. But how?
The tutorial is in this thread, I made it.
Vashey
advanced

Post by Vashey »

For some reason every time I try to use a plugin on Blender, I end up having trouble making it run.
The plugin doesn't work here, I extracted it in scripts/addon as the readme said.

It doesn't import anything when I select a .tmc to import.

How did you manage to make it work?
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

Vashey wrote:For some reason every time I try to use a plugin on Blender, I end up having trouble making it run.
The plugin doesn't work here, I extracted it in scripts/addon as the readme said.

It doesn't import anything when I select a .tmc to import.

How did you manage to make it work?
Download this crap:

https://mega.co.nz/#!ipYlwB5R!6ZbAziN1c ... AyvISi3bko

It's the blender version I use with all the plugins I have

And download this python version:

http://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.2.3