Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

X-Men Legends Files

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Storm
beginner

X-Men Legends Files

Post by Storm »

Hello. I recently stumbled upon this fun game, and found several different files in the archives that I could extract. All the different filetypes have the same headers and what not, so I assume, they're basically the same kind of filetype, just spelled differently for whatever reason. Attached is a .IGB file and .FB file. As you can see, it does mention some paths, then data, etc. as if it was an archive. Please let me know if anything can be done for this kind of file. Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CSX Modding Team
--Website Coming Soon--
Full-fledged MultiEx Supporter
Storm
beginner

Post by Storm »

Bump. Please Mr Mouse, could you examine the files and give a verdict??
CSX Modding Team
--Website Coming Soon--
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

I will... :)
friendsofwatto
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by friendsofwatto »

I had a bit of a look at these files - they seem to have the same structure, except one of them has a bit of extra header data in it.

I can clearly see some files in there, but I'm not too sure how to read this file exactly - there doesn't seem to be any real clear directory structure or anything.

WATTO
[email protected]
http://www.watto.org
Game Extractor - Read and write thousands of game archives!
keshire
advanced

Post by keshire »

The storm one is a dds texture with what looks like what I would guess is shader data.
Storm
beginner

Post by Storm »

Well, I did a couple hours of research on it. I found the .igb file works with a "igs" plugin for maya and 3d studio max. It makes sense, for the most part, except the fact some of them have XML files and what not in there. FB and IGB seem to look quite a bit the same. I am quite confused with it. I tried to extract the PNG images by themself, but from the data doesn't even seem native to a regular PNG file. I'll see if I can get a demo of maya/3dsmax or find someone with it to test if these igb files are the same used in those plugins. None of them have the DXT header though keshire, how could it possibly be a DDS texture?
CSX Modding Team
--Website Coming Soon--
Storm
beginner

Post by Storm »

Ok ya, they weren't, the plugin says its a kind of graphic structure thing for xbox games, but was able to test it, but it can't open the files. So I'm stuck again. Anybody know how to possibly extract the PNG file if you can't extract the rest??
CSX Modding Team
--Website Coming Soon--
Silver
veteran

Post by Silver »

The .igb file isn't png, it is dds you won't always have headers.

The .fb on the other hand not sure exactly. It looks like they relate to .igb Can you post two that go along if they exist?
Storm
beginner

Post by Storm »

What do you mean by "Can you post two that go along if they exist?" ?

Edit: Oh do you mean like, 2 IGB/FB files from the same kind of thing, like skins... ?
CSX Modding Team
--Website Coming Soon--
Silver
veteran

Post by Silver »

Storm wrote:What do you mean by "Can you post two that go along if they exist?" ?

Edit: Oh do you mean like, 2 IGB/FB files from the same kind of thing, like skins... ?
Yeah, curious as why FB lists IGB in at start of file is all. :wink:
Storm
beginner

Post by Storm »

Silver wrote: Can you post two that go along if they exist?
Attached is 2 .IGB files, all the same size, they're specific graphics that are shown. I would like to mention 1 thing I found out. They did use the Alchemy ArtistPack, one of the videos that X-Men Legends uses on start up shows their logo and Alchemy Powered, or something like that. I looked at sample .IGB files that come with Alchemy, they look just like the ones in X-Men, but they won't open in Alchemy's Insight program (you can download a trial of insight :) if you look hard enough). :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CSX Modding Team
--Website Coming Soon--