Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
mralex
n00b

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by mralex »

I made the dlc with 5LR DLCTOOL (Xbox360 ver.) I create a package with le fluffie and i put it with horizon, now when i enter the game the costume said that the costume wasn't downloaded (like a catalog data)
now my question is, i need a program to unlocked it?
Lilstormcloud
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Lilstormcloud »

yea dlclicense.exe
mralex
n00b

Post by mralex »

Lilstormcloud wrote:yea dlclicense.exe
where i can get it? there is not in google :/
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

mralex wrote:
it's part of the 360 sdk so unless you donwload the entire 360 sdk you won't get it.
mralex
n00b

Post by mralex »

Darko wrote:
mralex wrote:
it's part of the 360 sdk so unless you donwload the entire 360 sdk you won't get it.
Ok, Thanks! :)
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

Habeeb wrote:
Protocol X27 wrote:The only remaining issue is that there is still a connecting face between the two groups.
Did you remove all the FFs?

At 0x16de90 I have (buffer is 2 bytes shorter):
DE 28 BE 28 DD 28 BC 28 DC 28 BB 28 DB 28 DB 28
E2 28 E2 28
E3 28 E3 28 E3 28 E4 28 E5 28 E5 28

Instead of:
DE 28 BE 28 DD 28 BC 28 DC 28 BB 28 DB 28 FF FF
FF FF FF FF
E2 28 E3 28 E3 28 E3 28 E4 28 E5 28

This doesn't seem to give me an extra face.
Ok, so it looks like this did the trick. I changed the values you mentioned, but WAS still getting the face. When you said the index buffer was 2 bytes shorter, I thought you meant the entire block of index values. I went to the mesh object properties and subtracted 1 from the total index count and the index count for the 40 (d64) and then it removed the extra face.

So, guessing the extra face was a result of the very last face being attached to something else and not the face in between the two meshes. Either way, still a bit fuzzy on it, but it's at least working. :D Time to get the rest of the meshes adjusted, and scripts tested... then we may finally have PC injection success... (at least beyond a swap standpoint)

Edit:
Grrr... bugs... minor octupus syndrome still with the bone subs... :twisted:
mralex
n00b

Post by mralex »

I want to swap Chara_common.lnk (xbox360 ver.) with doa archivarius, i made the default.exe file, but when i try to swap the file the program said :

"AttributeError: 'cfile' object has no attribute 'filetableindex'

there's has some of solution? :/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

@mralex, are you using the older Xbox 360 specific Archivarius, or the newer PC version?

Ok, the promised and frequently delayed Bone Sub Utility. Updates all vertex bone Ids in a mesh from one container to another. Bone substitution is possible as well for hidden mesh portions. Covers basic functionality provided in the old Body Shop Vertex Sub except does not yet display missing data or scale vertex buffer lengths.

Advantages over old Body Shop
- No more manual bone index, or bone node ripping!!!!

I've also included the QuickOps script which is the current work around for the calculators in Body Shop (.NET). It doesn't have the clipboard copy button, but at least auto calculates a whole array of values like for Vertex & Index Layer offset/length adjustments.

I have successfully injected a mesh and subbed at this point with minor fixes involving other methods already discussed with utilities.

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mralex
n00b

Post by mralex »

Protocol X27 wrote:@mralex, are you using the older Xbox 360 specific Archivarius, or the newer PC version?
I'm using the 360 ver. i wanna swap the new marie's hairstyle but the archivarius has that error, there's another program or another version of 360 archivarius ?
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

mralex wrote:
Protocol X27 wrote:@mralex, are you using the older Xbox 360 specific Archivarius, or the newer PC version?
I'm using the 360 ver. i wanna swap the new marie's hairstyle but the archivarius has that error, there's another program or another version of 360 archivarius ?
I'm not sure of a way to swap hers, Nyotengu's or Phase 4's. Unfortunately, all of theirs is contained in DLC files either via their original character DLC or in the Last Round mega patch. For some reason, I think we were always missing either the original references, or couldn't ever get the compression working to put them back into their respective lnk's.
mralex
n00b

Post by mralex »

I'm not sure of a way to swap hers, Nyotengu's or Phase 4's. Unfortunately, all of theirs is contained in DLC files either via their original character DLC or in the Last Round mega patch. For some reason, I think we were always missing either the original references, or couldn't ever get the compression working to put them back into their respective lnk's.
I swap the ayane hair creating a new dlc and put in the patch that contain the hair, now i wanna swap some file (hair or costume) in the chara_common, i used archivariusarchivarius18 ver. (x360) but the program has that error
also i used xextool to make the default.exe but nothing happens (Really i'm new with swap things in the xbox360 ver.) That's why i wanna do something
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

Unfortunately, I don't know much about swapping things using archivarius. There is a more manual method in which you could paste an uncompressed version into the chara_common and then update it's information and the information in the default.xex. Do you want the swapped hair to permanently replace one, or do you only want to use it for a specific costume?

I updated the Toolkit, I don't think I uploaded the correct Utils script last time, so the Vertex Subber may have choked. That is hopefully fixed now.

I also updated the MeshWarp script to now include upper and lower bounds. This is useful for snapping vertices in a specific region in case you don't want to snap the entire mesh. I commonly only snap the torso and not the legs, so I'll limit the bounds for the y axis.
mralex
n00b

Post by mralex »

Protocol X27 wrote:Unfortunately, I don't know much about swapping things using archivarius. There is a more manual method in which you could paste an uncompressed version into the chara_common and then update it's information and the information in the default.xex. Do you want the swapped hair to permanently replace one, or do you only want to use it for a specific costume?
I want to put a hair permanently in all costumes, i extracted the ayane's senran kagura hair and i want to put into ayane hairstyle
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

mralex wrote: I want to put a hair permanently in all costumes, i extracted the ayane's senran kagura hair and i want to put into ayane hairstyle
If you're comfortable with hex, I can explain how to manually insert it into the chara_common. For starters you need to know how to find the file size of both the TMC & TMCL files. You can always find the file size in Windows > Convert to Hex and then find that value in the first or second row of bytes. You'll have to do that for the hair style you want to replace first. With those values you can find their locations in the chara_common. General explanation is this,

1) Find uncompressed value in chara_common. Will always be at the first column when found, be careful of possible duplicates.
2) Use the offset of this value to search in the index table in the chara_common(beginning) when you find this you'll find the compressed size of the same file.
3) Use the compressed sizes to find the values in the default xex. Remove the compression flag and change to the uncompressed values of the containers you're replacing.
4) Paste the uncompressed files into the end of the chara_common. Keep track of the offsets.
5) Replace the entries in the chara_common index table for the old files with the new offsets and the uncompressed file sizes.

Save, copy over to Xbox .... and wait XD

Oh, and the default.xex needs to be decrypted... edited then re-encrypted when making changes.
mralex
n00b

Post by mralex »

Protocol X27 wrote:
mralex wrote: I want to put a hair permanently in all costumes, i extracted the ayane's senran kagura hair and i want to put into ayane hairstyle
If you're comfortable with hex, I can explain how to manually insert it into the chara_common. For starters you need to know how to find the file size of both the TMC & TMCL files. You can always find the file size in Windows > Convert to Hex and then find that value in the first or second row of bytes. You'll have to do that for the hair style you want to replace first. With those values you can find their locations in the chara_common. General explanation is this,

1) Find uncompressed value in chara_common. Will always be at the first column when found, be careful of possible duplicates.
2) Use the offset of this value to search in the index table in the chara_common(beginning) when you find this you'll find the compressed size of the same file.
3) Use the compressed sizes to find the values in the default xex. Remove the compression flag and change to the uncompressed values of the containers you're replacing.
4) Paste the uncompressed files into the end of the chara_common. Keep track of the offsets.
5) Replace the entries in the chara_common index table for the old files with the new offsets and the uncompressed file sizes.

Save, copy over to Xbox .... and wait XD

Oh, and the default.xex needs to be decrypted... edited then re-encrypted when making changes.
The default.xex has to decrypt with xex tool ?

So, i need to find the uncompressed value of ayane_hair003 and the ayane_hair004 and change in chara_common the ayane_hair003 value isn't it?

Edit
---------------------------------------------

more or less what I have to do, but do not understand much about hex editing :/