Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Sony PSP's .PBP File Support?

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
UnReAlMaCk
VIP member
VIP member

Sony PSP's .PBP File Support?

Post by UnReAlMaCk »

could you try and make support for the Firmware 2.0 PBP? This file is illegal in NO WAY AT ALL! It is available for download at many sites, soon to the official PSP Website, but they have not released the US Firmware as of yet. If not could you make a .bms script? MultiEx has never failed me before :) I could put up a link to the 2.00 Firmware, if you need.

http://files.pspupdates.com/cgi-bin/cfi ... 0,0,51,904

ThX! :wink:
Hammer
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Hammer »

Do you think if we were to crack 2.0 we could get it to support java or flash?

Or even increase the cache?
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

I'll have a look. I am pretty busy finalizing the next version of MultiEx Commander, though (4.2).
Rahly
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by Rahly »

what makes you think a firmware upgrade is even an archive format?
"By nature men are alike. Through practice they have become far apart." Confucius (Analect 17:2)
Dinoguy1000
Site Admin

Post by Dinoguy1000 »

Mr.Mouse wrote:I'll have a look. I am pretty busy finalizing the next version of MultiEx Commander, though (4.2).
Oh, so that's where you've been for the past couple of weeks... :mrgreen: I thought you'd dropped off the face of the planet or something... :P
Welcome to Xentax!

Rules | Requests | Wiki | Discord

If you run across a post that breaks the rules, please report the post - a mod or admin will handle it from there.
friendsofwatto
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by friendsofwatto »

Hi guys,

I have had a bit of a look at it - not sure that this is really an archive though. I have identified the settings area - thats nothing challenging, and I can probably extract the PNG image from the file (which I believe is supposed to be a background image or something).

The rest of the data doesn't appear to be anything related to an archive - it is probably closer to executable data more than anything.

I might be able to write something to extract and/or repack the settings and image, but thats about it. I will see what can be done.

WATTO
[email protected]
http://www.watto.org
Game Extractor - Read and write thousands of game archives!
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Dinoguy1000 wrote:
Mr.Mouse wrote:I'll have a look. I am pretty busy finalizing the next version of MultiEx Commander, though (4.2).
Oh, so that's where you've been for the past couple of weeks... :mrgreen: I thought you'd dropped off the face of the planet or something... :P
:P

THAT and my wife is in her last week of pregnancy. So you can imagine I have other stuff on my mind. :)

About the file though, when I looked at it last week I noticed the same stuff Watto now reports. Extracting an image and stuff is fine, but there's prolly a lot of code in there. Not sure what one would want to do with that.