Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance models/voices

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
MayBeePah
advanced

Re: Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance models/voices

Post by MayBeePah »

You could just change the diffuse colour or change the textures, doesn't matter :)
You can make new shapes and mix other dream eater textures together too, if you change the textures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Azurfan
advanced

Post by Azurfan »

I know and that's totally a cool thing to do. :D It's just that not only is the pupil's color changing but also its shape and these shapes are different for (almost) every Dream Eater (at least I think they are). I just wondered how the game does that since often they are part of the texture.

Edit: After checking every model it seems that the eye texture is often stored separately, would you mind uploading the rest too?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Disgustor1
ultra-n00b

Post by Disgustor1 »

Would somebody mind updating the link to the models? It 404'd. I've been waiting a long time to get these models! Thank you very much for your hard work as well MayBeePah. :)
Dorigon
n00b

Post by Dorigon »

Hi, can someone explain me how to edit the .CTD files?

I tried with CTD_Editor but no way, I just get an error
Farlavor
beginner

Post by Farlavor »

dear MayBeePah.

The link you provided to dl the Dreameaters along with the plugin is broken, it leads me to a 404 error... :(

ah, I almost forgot to mention the guy who was behind of my worryness... if you just told me I was impatient... you maybe forgot the one who has got the golden trophy of the impatientness...

EVERYONE HAIL TO... myrzavkin... :twisted:

Anyway... it's not a reason to blame HIM or me for this... you went MIA for over 3 months... and since those damned rules called "NO NECROPOSTING ALLOWED" or "NO BUMPING ALLOWED" ever existed... Anyone had to take charge... and honestly... I wouldn't figured out anything. since I have no idea of format compressions shenanigams, so I just would copy/paste all the stuff figured out so far by others...

In other words... I SUCK!... :cry:
unlike you my fella... :]

It's not meant to steal you any credit... it's just simply we didn't want your project to die... you know? :[

The only thing I only suggest you is to reupload the files please. becuz it seems those are gone for good. or at least... share them to models resource too... we waited for over half a year for this.
and I want to grab those dream eaters and test with the texture overlays... to find out the possible variations of color I may get, specially for making some custom dream eaters. maybe even with a few little modifications I may create Heartless/Nobody versions too... :D
I will wait for your reupload... thanks and sorry for all the trouble... I only wanted the dream eaters... the human characters are just the lowest priority models...
as well as keyblades, (Maybe the only keyblades I want are the Lea's, Master Xehanort's/Terranort's and Young Xehanort's (The one with the ability to control time) keyblades). So... Just with only the Dream Eaters I will be nore than satisfied... :]

so once again... Thanks a lot... :keke:

PS2: I didn't knew the Dream Eaters eyes were separated from the original files... it seems your ripping almost got 100% or just didn't noticed that... Not just like I would care... but I think I know why you deleted the uploading file. Was because you forgot the textures for the eyes (Like the ones from Meow wow) isn't it?.
If that's so... I wouldn't give a *censored* to those eyes... but maybe in the future. I may need them. so okay... more reasons for waiting... :mrgreen:
Last edited by Farlavor on Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
MayBeePah
advanced

Post by MayBeePah »

The link still works for me? https://db.tt/PwemlYKM
Don't know what happened...
Farlavor
beginner

Post by Farlavor »

MayBeePah wrote:The link still works for me? https://db.tt/PwemlYKM
Don't know what happened...
ok... It seems your link was right...
maybe it was just an error when posting it.

Thanks. :)

PS: too strange... This is the 3rd time I got a quickest response in a random forum on this year... normally it takes up to 24 hours for a reply... (Did everyone woke up tonight???) :mrgreen:
MayBeePah
advanced

Post by MayBeePah »

These are only test models though, so they have bugs. I used an old exporter for them.
My new one will come with animations and everything else including effects :)
Farlavor
beginner

Post by Farlavor »

MayBeePah wrote:These are only test models though, so they have bugs. I used an old exporter for them.
My new one will come with animations and everything else including effects :)
Ok... I will try something with these for now. :mrgreen:

Anyway it seems I have no idea of how to do the colouring... I know something about textures (Diffuse, Specular, Luminance, Etc), but I dunno about overlays... I am using Cinema 4D but I can use 3DS Max too... if you know how can I do the colourings in textures, please send me a tutorial on PM or a videotutorial for 3DS Max if there's one on Youtube, and I will try it... besides. Considering that my best choice for vertex wielding and subdivision is using 3DS Max (As well as basic rigging), then I will use it.
(I did managed to do it on C4D but I dunno if I can do it on 3DS Max, for now, see "edit2")

Thanks in advance. :mrgreen:

if some of these bugs does affect some dream eaters disallowing me to do the colouring... (I tested Meow wow), then... it's okay... By testing I did managed to make a demonic kind of Meow Wow... MWAHAHAHAHAAAAA.... :twisted:
and I think I'm gonna play with it a little... :mrgreen:

Edit: Oh wait... I think I remembered something I did with a model I was making days ago with multiple textures... let's see if I can do the Overlay by myself on Cinema 4D. :P

Edit2: Oh yeah... It seems that Meow Wow is bugged (On Cinema 4D) I did noticed the G0 has no Alpha channel so I had to add it manually. and now it became the Overlay by placing it properly... AWESOME... I have my first unrigged and fully colourable Meow Wow... now it's my turn to rig it. :mrgreen:
Truthkey
beginner

Post by Truthkey »

Mirrorman95 wrote:Holy Guacamole, MayBeePah made a Noesis plugin for KH3D models and just released all the Dream Eaters!
Where's the plugin? D:
myrzavkin
ultra-n00b

Post by myrzavkin »

Farlavor wrote:dear MayBeePah.

The link you provided to dl the Dreameaters along with the plugin is broken, it leads me to a 404 error... :(

ah, I almost forgot to mention the guy who was behind of my worryness... if you just told me I was impatient... you maybe forgot the one who has got the golden trophy of the impatientness...

EVERYONE HAIL TO... myrzavkin... :twisted:

Anyway... it's not a reason to blame HIM or me for this... you went MIA for over 3 months... and since those damned rules called "NO NECROPOSTING ALLOWED" or "NO BUMPING ALLOWED" ever existed... Anyone had to take charge... and honestly... I wouldn't figured out anything. since I have no idea of format compressions shenanigams, so I just would copy/paste all the stuff figured out so far by others...

In other words... I SUCK!... :cry:
unlike you my fella... :]

It's not meant to steal you any credit... it's just simply we didn't want your project to die... you know? :[
Your wall of text... Again... talk less... Nobody fucking cares tbh...
You could end on "it leads me to 404 error"
Anyway im not impatient i just wanted to bump this thread
And im glad maybee has returned with good news.
Farlavor
beginner

Post by Farlavor »

Hey you... I don't fucking care you don't like my wall of texts... I just say the damn TRUTH... you were the impatient one and made me become desperate to do that kind of stuff while I was the ONLY ONE who was being really patient... making kinds of misunderstanding... even you posted the same cr@p on Models Resource... so Deal With it my fella.

To all the people who needs explanations I cannot resume this. I WAS DESPERATED... NOT IMPATIENT... and that was thanks to you!.

stop saying that kind of stuff right now... it only shows me how right I am.
And I have no time to waste on fools, I am here for those damn models.
6 months of waiting must worth it, since Mr Adults stopped adding support to newer formats on Noesis, This page has lost all my interests and they didn't posted weekly news about ripping and making rules that simply says it's forbidden uploading ANY MODELS (Since every videogame model has Copyright), and Noesis was by far the best model ripping tool than anything else. so :bye:
MayBeePah
advanced

Post by MayBeePah »

Can we end all of these pointless arguments please :)
white emperor
ultra-n00b

Post by white emperor »

hey good work for this project :) however can you put link for the map? :)
white emperor
ultra-n00b

Post by white emperor »

or the texture of the map? :)