Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
syasuker
beginner

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by syasuker »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXfie1kvVfk

sorry a silly question,who can give me the tool of tex form1?

Lilstormcloud
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Lilstormcloud »

That's a 360 problem, you don't need it. the textures in PC shouldn't be scrambled.
Plus the 360 texture extractor had it built in.
SkacikPL
advanced

Post by SkacikPL »

Looking at freestepdodge forums, i've noticed somebody has dug out unused Alpha 152 ninja outfit (which got reused in 3rd ninja clan pack on consoles lol).
This also made me curious about costumes for alpha. As the game seems very picky about them, loading any costume that was not made for use with alpha will crash the game when loading a stage (or selecting the costume). My first guess is either abundance of textures (alpha ones have only two, one is white and other one is tint color) or alpha (as in transparency). Perhaps her shader does not also work very well with normal mapping (even better guess).

Same applies for hair. Using hair meshes from other costumes will crash the game.

I'll poke around and see whether i can come up with an answer.

//
---C seems to be some sort of shader file, using non-alpha costume with non-alpha ---C will work, however using alpha shader with non-alpha costume will crash the game.
It doesn't seem to be a problem with opacity as i tried replacing all textures with ones used in alphas costumes. Not sure about normal maps as i don't know how are materials setup in this game, perhaps they're also handled by ---C.

Last resort would really be that alpha costumes are just allowed to have 2 textures (L_0 and L_1) but that's hard to test without ability to strip textures from TMC(L).

//
Her hair seems to have transparency mask in separate file but i don't think it's actually used.
Using alpha shader on other characters seems to have no effect, that would mean that shader is predefined per actual character rather than costume itself. Not sure what would be the role of ---C file, perhaps just some sort of shader config?
syasuker
beginner

Post by syasuker »

by diedaodemao
[bruce]
Last edited by syasuker on Tue May 26, 2015 11:19 am, edited 5 times in total.
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

eh sorry i said i was gonna write some stuff up last week, but then got hooked playing the witcher3. i still havent forgotten. modding should be easy just needs someone to doe the coding eh
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
amandabyyy
beginner

Post by amandabyyy »

Hey everyone,

Started working on some code to import/export TMC model data. Just looking through the 64 byte sized vertex data, I can see the following:

fvfdata key -> vertex data

0x2 maps to the vertex position
0x30002 maps to the normal vector
0x5000B maps to the UV coordinate

I can't quite seem to figure out
0x1000D - This is 4 bytes. It could be the bone indices?
0x60003 - This is a vector since the 3 components' magnitude is 1 and the fourth value is 1.0. Is this the bitangent?
0x20005 - This is 4 bytes like 0x1000D. This could be bone indices.
0x105000B - This is 8 bytes. I honestly don't have any clue what this could be.

What I'm sorely missing are the blend weights which I'm assuming are 4 floats (16 bytes). If anyone could help me with these values I can't seem to figure out, I'd greatly appreciate it.
syasuker
beginner

Post by syasuker »

amandabyyy wrote:Hey everyone,

Started working on some code to import/export TMC model data. Just looking through the 64 byte sized vertex data, I can see the following:

0x60003 - This is a vector since the 3 components' magnitude is 1 and the fourth value is 1.0. Is this the bitangent?

What I'm sorely missing are the blend weights which I'm assuming are 4 floats (16 bytes). If anyone could help me with these values I can't seem to figure out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

0x105000B = 0x00105000B = 01 05 00 0B
01 declLayer
05 declUsage D3DDECLUSAGE https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... 85%29.aspx
00 always 0?
0B declType

by diedaodemao
SkacikPL
advanced

Post by SkacikPL »

Game got updated today - no patch notes.
I expect a mod cock-block.
//
DLC mods seem to work, however hair indexes have been shifted - i guess that they needed to code-in some space for new costumes and that's that.
Though obviously ink reshuffle won't work on the new executable.
amandabyyy
beginner

Post by amandabyyy »

syasuker wrote:
amandabyyy wrote:Hey everyone,

0x105000B = 0x00105000B = 01 05 00 0B
01 declLayer
05 declUsage D3DDECLUSAGE https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... 85%29.aspx
00 always 0?
0B declType

by diedaodemao
oh crap that helps a lot. thanks!
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

hi folks. i'm a bit off track of what you're doing here, also not shure what is the current state of archivarius, still, here is a version ported by you guys with some modifications by me.

doa5LRarchivarius
(some, not shure, very last, b0ny+folks edition):

added a keybank funtion to store all the keys to a file, so for now you could spare your time by unpacking with keys found by someone else, the keys are added to the keybank once, and used next time from there. also reversed some filenames.

stage modding anyone, i was intrigued to see the debug stages(suported by provided archivarius), have anyone tried to hack the way the stages are loaded to load different stages(cinematic and debug), debug stages could be a good tutorial on materials and things...
amandabyyy
beginner

Post by amandabyyy »

Just wanted to say thanks syasuker! I can now import arbitrary meshes on top of TMCs. I have a lot of cleaning up to do though now :P
Rosalin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Rosalin »

@b0ny

good to see you again b0ny.
syasuker
beginner

Post by syasuker »

amandabyyy wrote:Just wanted to say thanks syasuker! I can now import arbitrary meshes on top of TMCs. I have a lot of cleaning up to do though now :P
good news

and all from diedaodemao.

I'm just a porter
jacksh
ultra-n00b

Post by jacksh »

Can provide doa5Uarchivarius.dat for X360 ver.(Fighter Force Costumes)? or where to find the updated.
LarsMasters
beginner

Post by LarsMasters »

I'm having a trouble on DLC Tool Head Swap & it gives me an error on some head. Example: Jacky with Jann Lee's face & hair