Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Lilstormcloud
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Lilstormcloud »

SkacikPL wrote:
Protocol X27 wrote:Not sure what to tell you, getting resources is not that difficult, especially if you have an Xbox... Costume data is contained in the catalogs, and getting the game data does not even require having a modded system.
Well, actually i don't have any console. And as far as i can tell only versions of LR on torrents are the PC version.
Unless Xbox version of any DOA5 will work, then i guess that either i'm out of luck or i'm looking in wrong places.
Just google 360iso, what you do after that is your business :P
models from any 360 doa5 will do, they're all practically identical. at one point even the ninja gaiden RE models worked on doa5.

I get what you're trying to do with the boobs, yes you can write in more vertices to make the shape less blocky, but there's plenty to learn before you can attempt that.
All of you using harrys model on the PC have an example right in front of you lol. He hexed in the geometry for the boob and some other part.
SleepySea
n00b

Post by SleepySea »

Edited - Stuff I wrote was irrelevant to this thread
Last edited by SleepySea on Mon May 18, 2015 12:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
SkacikPL
advanced

Post by SkacikPL »

I've got 360 TMCs now, and tmc parser maxscript, though i didn't test whether it's compatible with max 2015.
I still need stick it back script though.

//
Yeah, the script does nothing in max 2015.
Oh well, this is a pain to get through.
Lilstormcloud
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Lilstormcloud »

don't worry,

most of us started with little or no 3dmax experience.
I didn't even know how to use gimp and blender when I first started lol.
I still don't :P

imo, you'll want 2014.
2015 doesn't work with transmographier, which does symmetry without messing with the vertex IDs, (so you only need to modify half the model and just mirror the other half)

I was floating the idea of Honoka model today,

You probably know that Honoka has got a different model design as well as different textures, might be other key differences as well.

but for the texture there's really no space to add any private parts.
instead I think the texture can be redirected to another objects texture slot.

other than that her DLCU bikini 2 seems like the most appropriate, there are only a few gaps to reconstruct.
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

To echo what LSC said, we all started with zero knowledge on that stuff. I started a few years ago just for the sake of XNALara, but through that Blender which eventually lead into learning 3dsmax for modding. It just takes time.

I'm still using 3dsmax 2013 for messing around, scripts all work in there.

@LSC, yeah I noticed her mesh was lacking, but I hadn't looked at the textures, did they change up the norm? Once I get finished with util conversion, I may have to lean on you & Ros to finally learn the index stuff. I know I should know it by now lol. I'm about half way done with the vertex subbing at least. Just have to do bone sub & and a matrix patcher after that.
Rosalin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Rosalin »

@lsc

Yes, you know, in GeoDecl part, there' a value indicating MtrCol index, so by fixing it you can make another object just like skin object.
Lilstormcloud
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Lilstormcloud »

I must admit I like honokas texture better. it's got more detail.

I'm trying to get a perfect model but can't decide between using the honoka model for the texture + more detailed chest or the leifang dlcu 19 model for the extra leg verts.
Think I might go with leifang 19, since the blockly triangle on the upper leg has been bugging me since day 1. we're talking years :cry:
Rosalin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Rosalin »

Honoka's body is simply a disaster. it's too different from other bodies to use as a master base body.

If anyone wants a better base body than a lisa's one, then the best one should be lei fang's one.

but you know,... there isn't one best thing. so mixing them should be a painful job.
Lilstormcloud
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Lilstormcloud »

Yea, it's hard to get the motivation.
It took me 2 hours to write 2 vertices yesterday because I was playing hearthstone in between lol.
sf234
advanced

Post by sf234 »

Updated DLC Tool. Fixed few bugs, added Alpha-152, DLC editing state now can be saved/loaded.
viewtopic.php?p=110728#p110728

Protocol X27, SkacikPL
Guess you're right, seems like I overestimated people's interest in modding.
Last edited by sf234 on Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SkacikPL
advanced

Post by SkacikPL »

sf234 wrote: Protocol X27, SkacikPL
Guess you're right, seems like I overestimated people's interest in modding.
Well, it's a broad term really.
Truth is that the community probably has lots of artists, to create models/textures, but little reverse engineers to provide tools or needed insight.
Not that it means that one side is at fault, but i guess the limited interest is caused by very limited scope of possibility and need to use several tools to achieve the goal.

Interest in modding is always big on PC, but another part of this is that most of the modders are just content creators - not reverse engineers.
Generally i'd blame KT for being a d*ck and making our life harder by adding barriers that sooner or later will be broken either way.

I try to contribute as much as i can within my limited capabilities and that's that. But i suck both as a programmer and artist.

Around 40K people own LR on PC and around 200 seem to be playing it on daily basis.
Getting more people interested in modding does not seem impossible, however getting more capable people to reverse-engineer it is a fat chance.
sf234
advanced

Post by sf234 »

Updated Texture Tool (needs .NET Framework 4, also Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package for working preview). It's now possible to convert models that have textures in TMC file so they will use only TMCL file for textures (as workaround for TMC textures size limit). Context menu now working also for preview.
viewtopic.php?p=111557#p111557
Last edited by sf234 on Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
SkacikPL
advanced

Post by SkacikPL »

I've another question.
Is it known what exactly handles character's name? I mean, is it possible to change characters name via costume.
Kind of similar to how first Lisa costume is La mariposa. Is that handled via costume setup or KT hardcoded it?

If it was doable, then perhaps within-body-type moveset swaps would be possible.
sf234
advanced

Post by sf234 »

Looks like PC community finally starts giving some results: http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/pc ... ost-261350
SkacikPL wrote:I've another question.
Is it known what exactly handles character's name? I mean, is it possible to change characters name via costume.
Kind of similar to how first Lisa costume is La mariposa. Is that handled via costume setup or KT hardcoded it?
Tested on costume swap and name stays the same. Also, it's still unknown what handles glasses options.
Rosalin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Rosalin »

sf234 wrote:Looks like PC community finally starts giving some results: http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/pc ... ost-261350
Well.. it seems it doesn't work for me now.
Game goes back to title screen when I select modded costumes.