Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Mortal Kombat X sound format

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Mortal Kombat X sound format

Post by OrangeC »

It works with a couple of fsb's lying about. :)
slaesche
ultra-n00b

Post by slaesche »

I would like to use the experimental tool.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

ok, testing it now. Animations, models, textures... it seems everything is there. But there will be just hundreds of files in one directory. And they are package-dependent, in UE3 format. I don't know what can you do with them.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

A little mistake found in wav header (data length calculated twice longer). Updated the old post:

viewtopic.php?p=105280#p105280
Micadi
ultra-n00b

Post by Micadi »

OrangeC wrote:Doesn't give me the error anymore but it just crashes instead. Have the latest DLL too.
I'm having the same error, but knowing myself I'm doing something wrong.
So in case of my complete stupidity I would want to ask you to guide me a little here.

I put your extractor, fmodL.dll (from offical FMOD site - I got it from FMOD Studio UE4 Engine Integration for Windows) and the file I want to extract sounds from (for example SND_SPEECH_JAX_ENG.xxx for example) into the same folder.
Then I run your extractor and after 2 seconds it crashes.

What am I missing? Probably something insanely easy >>
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

First you need to extract .fsb files from .xxx package and decrypt them.
Micadi
ultra-n00b

Post by Micadi »

daemon1 wrote:First you need to extract .fsb files from .xxx package and decrypt them.
Ok then, which tools should I use for it for the best result?
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

There's not many choices today: first you cut .fbs files from .xxx with Luigi's script, then decrypt them with his tool "fsbext". The script and encryption key are on top on this thread: http://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=833
crazymonkey25
ultra-n00b

Post by crazymonkey25 »

Has anyone managed to extract character audio for moves/SFX/battle voices yet?
MusicNerd
beginner

Post by MusicNerd »

crazymonkey25 wrote:Has anyone managed to extract character audio for moves/SFX/battle voices yet?
No. I have been trying. daemon1 says you can manually cut the fsb's out (I did this with injustice by searching the FSB5 header) but MKX doesn't seem to have FSB headers. I did a dump with the tools posted in this script, tried this key several times (996164B5FC0F402983F61F220BB51DC6) no luck... tried naming this file to .fsb - SND_SPEECH_Scorpion_X64DataSource.FmodSourceData no luck. tried the fsbext on all extracted fmod files, nothing... so I need further help. I'm hoping someone can make an .fsb extraction tool then fsbext can do the rest.
crazymonkey25
ultra-n00b

Post by crazymonkey25 »

MusicNerd wrote:
crazymonkey25 wrote:Has anyone managed to extract character audio for moves/SFX/battle voices yet?
No. I have been trying. daemon1 says you can manually cut the fsb's out (I did this with injustice by searching the FSB5 header) but MKX doesn't seem to have FSB headers. I did a dump with the tools posted in this script, tried this key several times (996164B5FC0F402983F61F220BB51DC6) no luck... tried naming this file to .fsb - SND_SPEECH_Scorpion_X64DataSource.FmodSourceData no luck. tried the fsbext on all extracted fmod files, nothing... so I need further help. I'm hoping someone can make an .fsb extraction tool then fsbext can do the rest.
Ah gotcha. Yeah I tried the same thing, renaming a file like SND_SFX_Jax_X64DataSourceBank.FmodSourceData and it didn't work. I'm assuming the .FmodSourceData files contain the actual audio (seeing as the file size isn't just 1kb like everything else from the extract). So maybe they are referenced by the FMOD project/event files the NR devs worked with.

But yeah for now this is kinda beyond me. :mrgreen:
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Each xxx may have many "fmodsourcedata" files, half of them encrypted, half not. You must somehow cut the first 32 bytes of them, then it will be one FSB file.
interloko
beginner

Post by interloko »

I was able to extract some characters sounds.
Here is an example.

1- use extract.exe (by Gildor) with CHAR_Jax_A.xxx now you have a folder with name CHAR_Jax_A
2- in audio folder there are audio, of course, but other sounds are located in Characters > Chars > Your character name > SND_your character and now you have SND_SFX_your char & SND_VO_your char, in both you need to enter in a sub folder with same name.
Now (i SND_VO_Jax) you have the SND_VO_Jax_X64DataSourceBank_0.FmodSourceData
3- open with an hexadecimal editor and delete all before FSB5, save as fsb
4- use fsbext or fsb_aud_extr

For some reason the fxs has the text FSB5 in another place and this method doesn't work.
I have no idea of this format, so maybe someone can take a look at it
crazymonkey25
ultra-n00b

Post by crazymonkey25 »

interloko wrote:I was able to extract some characters sounds.
Here is an example.

1- use extract.exe (by Gildor) with CHAR_Jax_A.xxx now you have a folder with name CHAR_Jax_A
2- in audio folder there are audio, of course, but other sounds are located in Characters > Chars > Your character name > SND_your character and now you have SND_SFX_your char & SND_VO_your char, in both you need to enter in a sub folder with same name.
Now (i SND_VO_Jax) you have the SND_VO_Jax_X64DataSourceBank_0.FmodSourceData
3- open with an hexadecimal editor and delete all before FSB5, save as fsb
4- use fsbext or fsb_aud_extr

For some reason the fxs has the text FSB5 in another place and this method doesn't work.
I have no idea of this format, so maybe someone can take a look at it
Interesting. I'll try this out when I get home!
interloko
beginner

Post by interloko »

I've checked all characters and a few of them are diferent :?
Devora'h (ladybug) is the exception with sfx. seems she is the only one with FSB5 "text" at the begining, so I supose I can extract her SFXs